• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For all three Abrhamic religons

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
An honest question: What, in your mind, would qualify it as "a Judaic Area, historically"? What percentage of the area would have to have been held? ... over what continuous period? ... how recently? ... held directly of as a suzerainty?

People (particularly those who claim to be bible-literate) really should reread Samuel and Kings and then seek to form something other than a comic caricature of what is unfortunately called "Biblical History."

That's tantamount to saying that the Temple Mount is a "comic caricature".

Or perhaps that is what you meant

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
No offense to anyone, but why exactly do Muslims hold that area so dear? Isn't it a Judaic area, historically?
An honest question: What, in your mind, would qualify it as "a Judaic Area, historically"? What percentage of the area would have to have been held? ... over what continuous period? ... how recently? ... held directly of as a suzerainty?

People (particularly those who claim to be bible-literate) really should reread Samuel and Kings and then seek to form something other than a comic caricature of what is unfortunately called "Biblical History."
That's tantamount to saying that the Temple Mount is a "comic caricature".

Or perhaps that is what you meant
Nonsense. It's "tantamount" to suggesting that you educate yourself.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
without qualifying a clear opinion of your own
My opinion is that people (particularly those who claim to be bible-literate) really should reread Samuel and Kings and then seek to form something other than a comic caricature of what is unfortunately called "Biblical History." Which part of that did you have difficulty understanding?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
My opinion is that people (particularly those who claim to be bible-literate) really should reread Samuel and Kings and then seek to form something other than a comic caricature of what is unfortunately called "Biblical History." Which part of that did you have difficulty understanding?

great. hey, if you don't want to qualify a clear opinion of your own, that's your prerogative

John Martin

The spiritual vision of Jesus was the Kingdom of God. The kingdom of God means to transform our life into life of God and transform our actions into actions of God. Jesus Christ said: the works which I do are not my own but the Father who dwells in me does his works'. We need to purify our ego so that we become the temple of God, the altar of God. External temple are where we enact surrendering our ego. Every prayer and worship is meant to surrender our ego, where we say 'O God, thy will be done'. If a person completely dies to his or his ego, the person becomes the temple of God.For this person no external temple is necessary. When the Samaritan woman asked Jesus on which mountain to worship, Jesus replied that in the future people no longer worship God in the external temples or mountains but they worship God in spirit and truth, in the cave of their hearts.