• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

food you hate

Squirt

NetDoc said:
:eek:What???:eek:

Surely, no one can ANYTHING but good to say about America's grain: corn. My very favorite dish is creamed corn! Say it ain't so PM!​
I love corn on the cob, just not all smashed up and gross out of a can.​

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Well,

ANYTHING out of the can is just plain GROSS! Try the frozen selections, or make it fresh!

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
From http://sidedish.allrecipes.com/az/CrmCrnLikNthr.asp

Enjoy!

Cream Corn Like No Other

Submitted by: Diana Yockey

"This is NOTHING like canned creamed corn! My husband is not a fan of corn or creamed dishes, but he thinks this is great. Easy and quick to prepare and is an especially delicious side dish for chicken or pork. Everyone always asks for the recipe." Original recipe yield: 8 servings.
Prep Time:5 MinutesCook Time:10 MinutesReady In:15 MinutesServings:8 (change)

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a skillet over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter. Whisk together the milk and flour, and stir into the corn mixture. Cook stirring over medium heat until the mixture is thickened, and corn is cooked through. Remove from heat, and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Serve hot.

Pussyfoot Mouse

Super Mom
Okay, Okay! :biglaugh: I'll give it a try. I'm having dinner with Mandi tonight for her birthday and making her favourite, Chicken Alfredo. So I'll try this a night this week with some pork chops. I promise, then I'll let you know how I feel about creamed corn!:p

onmybelief

Jensa said:
Whaaat? But deer is so much tastier than beef! And it has the advantage of not being cooped up in a factory farm all its life. :)

Deer?! No offence but venison is salty as all get out. When I had some I could feel my arteries clog!

But I would take that over chick peas any time. I Hate chick peas!

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
NetDoc said:
From http://sidedish.allrecipes.com/az/CrmCrnLikNthr.asp Enjoy! Cream Corn Like No Other
Submitted by: Diana Yockey

"This is NOTHING like canned creamed corn! My husband is not a fan of corn or creamed dishes, but he thinks this is great. Easy and quick to prepare and is an especially delicious side dish for chicken or pork. Everyone always asks for the recipe." Original recipe yield: 8 servings.
Prep Time:5 MinutesCook Time:10 MinutesReady In:15 MinutesServings:8 (change)
INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
DIRECTIONS:
  1. In a skillet over medium heat, combine the corn, cream, salt, sugar, pepper and butter. Whisk together the milk and flour, and stir into the corn mixture. Cook stirring over medium heat until the mixture is thickened, and corn is cooked through. Remove from heat, and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Serve hot.
I do not think this was the creamed corn they had in mind. This sounds like a GREAT DISH.

I do not like anything that looks like seaweed.

1nharmony

A Coco-Nut
Booko said:
Sounds like you've had some seriously overcooked liver. No wonder you hated it.

I don't eat liver, but not because I hate it. The liver's job is to clear toxins from the bloodstream. Considering the level of toxins in our food chain, I think I'll give it a miss.

Maybe if I could find liver from a grass-fed cow where pesticides are not used I might consider eating it. That would probably involve a trip to Botswana, so maybe I'll just stick with my bison meatloaf. :)

I had a boyfriend who enjoyed liver. He was also a hunter and said the best liver he ever ate came from the wild hogs he killed.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Oh I got some easy ones here:

Mushrooms - slimy little nasty things
Black olives - the smell alone can make me wretch and I work in a pizza place!
Broccoli
Cauliflower - this and broc got shoved at me as a child...can't stand them
Pickles - yes I know by pregnant law they are suppose to go with ice cream...but no way no how!
Pork chops - maybe it's just how my mother fixed them but they were just gross :p , couldn't bring myself to eat them for the past over ten years because of it.

I'm sure there's more but none I can think of now.

Draka

Wonder Woman
evearael said:
I can't do lobster or crab. They're like... sea bugs. Eeew!

:eek: OMG...I absolutely LOVE seafood! I even eat the imitation crab meat because I really like the taste. It may not be the real thing, but close enough for my sandwiches and snacks straight out of the bag for me ;) . Mmmmm...seabugs!:D