• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Follow the Logic

weecough

There has to be two more laws of physics, both negative. A, 0 is impossible. B, 1 is impossible. These negative laws combine and give a positive: (-) (-) = (+). This creation of (+), creates the positive laws of physics, which state: every action has an opposite and equal reaction. That gives us (-) (-) = (+) & (-), though the (+) & (-) are actually (1) & (0).
Zero can't exist, but follows the law and tries to, producing the first sub-atomic particles in the process. At one end of the equation is infinity, eternity, as there is nothing to measure, but at the other side, with sub-atomic particles, we have what is known as The Big Bang: actually an eternal rumble producing mass and velocity, giving us something to measure. (-) (-) = (+) & (-) <=> S/D = Time

The universe is a perpetual motion engine, producing time.

Some things I don't want to go over repeatedly:
Zero exists on paper, as a concept, a number, a unit of measurement, and mathematicians are arguing for more than one type of zero. However, zero as a physical entity does not, and can not, exist.
The same may be said about negative concepts, though I have to add that dark matter is impossible as matter is stored energy.
(1) represents matter, anything, everything.

The equation is for illustration, it isn't only maths, more of a logical stream. It means that the conflict between having to exist and not being able to exist produces the physical universe. We can only see one side of it, and call it a big bang.

Last edited:

Altfish

Veteran Member
If you add (-) to (-) you do not get (+)
You do if you multiply negatives.
Zero CAN exist and indeed it does.

Anyway, interesting first post, where does that come from?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
zero was invented in India
not long ago ….so I hear

and it is only a place holder

weecough

If you add (-) to (-) you do not get (+)
You do if you multiply negatives.
Zero CAN exist and indeed it does.

Anyway, interesting first post, where does that come from?
I was multiplying, though two negatives give a positive anyway, as in language. Zero doesn't exist as it has no dimension; where would it be.

And thanks, that thought train was all mine, developed over many years driving a van.
I drive a van through choice, it is the perfect environment for my personality.

Last edited:

weecough

zero was invented in India
not long ago ….so I hear

and it is only a place holder
Yes, zero itself couldn't exist as it has no dimension. People also have trouble with (-) as it only exists in mathematics. The opposite of having an apple isn't owing an apple, it's just not having any apples; zero apples

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yes, zero itself couldn't exist as it has no dimension. People also have trouble with (-) as it only exists in mathematics. The opposite of having an apple isn't owing an apple, it's just not having any apples; zero apples
and I have seen a popular tv scientist make statement

Physicists have a problem with infinity

too many zeroes...….I suppose

weecough

And that billionth of a billionth thing
Though if you flip the big bang, the vast field of 'nothing' would be an infinite, static, positive charge, and the billionth of a billionth thing would be zero's attempts to exist, which would happen throughout the static charge, giving us eternity on one side with time, life and death on the other.
This is saying the same thing as my opening post

Last edited:

weecough

Though if you flip the big bang, the vast field of 'nothing' would be an infinite, static, positive charge, and the billionth of a billionth thing would be zero's attempts to exist, which would happen throughout the static charge, giving us eternity on one side with time, life and death on the other.
And, if the bang was a rumble, that would explain the speeding up.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
There has to be two more laws of physics, both negative. A, 0 is impossible. B, 1 is impossible. These negative laws combine and give a positive: (-) (-) = (+). This creation of (+), creates the positive laws of physics, which state: every action has an opposite and equal reaction. That gives us (-) (-) = (+) & (-), though the (+) & (-) are actually (1) & (0).
Zero can't exist, but follows the law and tries to, producing the first sub-atomic particles in the process. At one end of the equation is infinity, eternity, as there is nothing to measure, but at the other side, with sub-atomic particles, we have what is known as The Big Bang: actually an eternal rumble producing mass and velocity, giving us something to measure. (-) (-) = (+) & (-) <=> S/D = Time

The universe is a perpetual motion engine, producing time.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
I wonder if that is why antimatter lost out. Matter crashing into matter creates more matter. Matter hitting antimatter destroys each other but antimatter hitting antimatter creates matter.

Altfish

Veteran Member
blank-number-line-negative-number-lines-1.gif

Daemon Sophic

I was multiplying, though two negatives give a positive anyway, as in language. Zero doesn't exist as it has no dimension; where would it be.

And thanks, that thought train was all mine, developed over many years driving a van.
First: welcome to the forum. :)

As for your statement, “Zero doesn't exist as it has no dimension; where would it be.”. :confused: o_O

It is a unit of measurement.

Tell me; exactly how many 20ft tall tiger-striped elephants are in the room with you right now?
If you cannot answer “zero” (because ‘it doesn’t exist’), and we know that the answer is neither a positive or negative number......then....??

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
There has to be two more laws of physics, both negative.
Something you said reminded me of a math video mentioned a cash prize for anyone who could find a value making the Riemann Zeta function zero. It explains something called 'Analytic continuation' which your comment reminds me of. You have not in anyway used analytical continuation, but I thought the video would be cool.

Consider Math and Physics to be separate things. Math is philosophical while Physics involves measuring physical things. To make any realistic comments about physics you'll need expertise both in Math and in measurement, including an ability to track all changes to whatever object is being studied whether it be temperature, location etc.

Another thing that might interest you is Taoism which first postulates that the universe is composed of opposites, however it comes with no measurement (so no Physics) and no proofs. It is a philosophical system with many political and family ramifications.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
post that as an op

THAT should get things up and running?!
I currently lack the skill to run that show. Some people stubbornly insist that mathematical discoveries are human inventions rather than discoveries of universal principles. Its just one of those things where an opinion makes it hard for everybody to sing on the same page. It doesn't change the fact that Physics isn't Math, but it might change the way its argued by pedants. Then that in turn sabotages the OP, see?

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Tell me; exactly how many 20ft tall tiger-striped elephants are in the room with you right now?
If you cannot answer “zero” (because ‘it doesn’t exist’), and we know that the answer is neither a positive or negative number......then....??
So I can answer that there are -20 in my room and be right?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I currently lack the skill to run that show. Some people stubbornly insist that mathematical discoveries are human inventions rather than discoveries of universal principles. Its just one of those things where an opinion makes it hard for everybody to sing on the same page. It doesn't change the fact that Physics isn't Math, but it might change the way its argued by pedants. Then that in turn sabotages the OP, see?
no need your worry for a lack of savvy

maybe you've noticed argument....here at the forum
and the participant seems to jump from one notion to another.....exponentially

hehehehe

weecough

First: welcome to the forum. :)

As for your statement, “Zero doesn't exist as it has no dimension; where would it be.”. :confused: o_O

It is a unit of measurement.

Thanks for the welcome. Zero doesn't exist as a physical entity, it can't, but the effect of it trying is called dark energy.

weecough

Something you said reminded me of a math video mentioned a cash prize for anyone who could find a value making the Riemann Zeta function zero. It explains something called 'Analytic continuation' which your comment reminds me of. You have not in anyway used analytical continuation, but I thought the video would be cool.

Consider Math and Physics to be separate things. Math is philosophical while Physics involves measuring physical things. To make any realistic comments about physics you'll need expertise both in Math and in measurement, including an ability to track all changes to whatever object is being studied whether it be temperature, location etc.

Another thing that might interest you is Taoism which first postulates that the universe is composed of opposites, however it comes with no measurement (so no Physics) and no proofs. It is a philosophical system with many political and family ramifications.

You pique my interest, I shall watch the video and have a look at Taoism, I may be some time.
Maths and physics are only different by evolution, deep down it's the same thing. I have neither the time nor the interest in educating myself to the level required to understand futile arguments when it comes down to one thing.
The universe must be simple and self generating, otherwise we'd need a god of some sort; where would that come from.
************** these stars are mine so I can add on, I never touch the original, or delete.

Whoops, watched the video, that's quite an evolution, definitely philosophical, incredibly complex, and they're allowed to use imaginary numbers. Still, if it isn't simple, it must be god.
Thank you, Taoism is interesting and worthy of in depth study.

Last edited: