• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Focusing On Obamacare Was Wrong Says NY Senator

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I disagree with any President that uses Executive Orders to go around Congress.
So, which of the Executive Orders that President G.W. Bush issued do you say went around Congress
Executive Orders Issued by President George W. Bush

All e.o.'s "go around Congress" since Congress has the potential of writing and passing legislation that could do exactly the same thing that the e.o. does.

Secondly, if Congress ever does grow balls and pass something on immigration, and Obama signs it into law, any disagreement between the new law and the e.o. is trumped (not Donald) by the law.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
All e.o.'s "go around Congress" since Congress has the potential of writing and passing legislation that could do exactly the same thing that the e.o. does.

Secondly, if Congress ever does grow balls and pass something on immigration, and Obama signs it into law, any disagreement between the new law and the e.o. is trumped (not Donald) by the law.

So far I've been watching this thread and I'm getting bored. I haven't seen a cogent argument raised against this president at all.....

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
So far I've been watching this thread and I'm getting bored. I haven't seen a cogent argument raised against this president at all.....

I've been critical of this administration at times, and I easily supply at least a short list here, but overall I think he's done quite well, especially considering the circumstances of what he's had to face, along with the fact that the R's simply do not want him to succeed even if it means hurting the country in doing so-- just ask McConnell to remind us what he said not long after Obama was elected and what they have tried to do ever since, including actually most of them voting to let the economy tank in 2008-2009. [how do ya like that for one helluva run-on sentence-- I think it should go into the Guinness Book of Records]

Now this same party is talking about cutting funds for homeland security because they don't like Obama's e.o., and does that make even one iota of sense?