• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Flood terminologies in the antiquities

Onoma

( Continued )

Now we can check the accuracy of the measurement using the finger, against the calculation using the figurate 666 and the " garden "

I'm just going to start referring to the triangular numbers by the index, ( Tₙ ), such that 666 = T₃₆

5.png

This is not bad, as far as accuracy, but let's now look at the average distance we use in modern astronomy, this is known as the " Lunar Distance Unit " , we'll compare to the value we calculate using the finger first

6.png

This is actually less accurate than using T₃₆ x 3600

Observe:

7.png

So by using the triangular figurate obtained from the Book of Revelation, ( the " Number of the beast " ) and the " garden ", we determine the approximate time-averaged lunar distance unit ( Within a fraction of a percent of accuracy ), which is the distance between Earth and the god " Sīn "

In mathematical astronomy, this is quite useful, as it can then be used to define other other astronomical values such as Earth's mass, radius, and rotation in addition to in characterizing the lunar radius and the mass of the Sun as well the distance to the Sun ( The Astronomical Unit - AU )

This brings me to the next oddity, which is the use of number theory, specifically, what we call Euler's totient function - φ(n)

In number theory, Euler's totient function counts the positive integers up to a given integer n that are relatively prime to n

φ(n) is the number of integers m coprime to n such that 1 ≤ mn.

φ(n) is the number of positive integers not exceeding n that have no common divisors with n (other than the common divisor 1. ( The only positive integer (factor) that divides both of them is 1 )

I had ended up at Euler's function originally after learning about the use of prime number gearing in the Antikythera mechanism, the ancient calculator of astronomical cycles, recovered from the ocean floor. ( When a gear has a prime number of teeth, it wears more evenly, leading to the gear lasting longer. This is still commonly exploited in modern engineering )

Much of the scrutinizing of the Antikythera mechanism centers around the hypothesis that it was built using knowledge of Babylonian mathematical astronomy, ( Itself really a combination of Mesopotamian and Egyptian mathematical knowledge )

When I began to realize that the triangular numbers have a history in the calculation of the date of Easter ( Computus ), I started to see that the astronomy calculations could all be reduced down to simple relationships

Using the figurate chosen for Genesis 1:1, 2701 = T₇₃

8.png

This pointed me back to the month of Adar and the association with Pisces, due to the work of Archimedes in his Measurement of a Circle, referred to this triangular figurate in the ratio (153/265), as constituting the "measure of the fish", this ratio being an imperfect representation of 1 divided by the square root of 3

I then discovered that this triangular figurate, 153 = T₁₇ is then part of this system of simplified calculations, using the synodic month average ( Interval of the flood )

The year length:

9.png

The Saros eclipse cycle, in lunar and synodic months

10.png

The Saros was defined in the Suda as "a measure and a number among Chaldeans. For 120 saroi make 2222 years according to the Chaldeans' reckoning, if indeed the saros makes 222 lunar months, which are 18 years and 6 months."

( Continued )

Onoma

First, the relation between the sidereal month ( Egyptian ) and the synodic average ( Mesopotamian ). What I have found is that the Egyptians were perfectly capable of the calculation of the synodic average, but chose sidereal ( mainly ) for the use in some peculiar calculations I'll cover in a bit

This is really just to help illustrate the difference between the two

13.png

Then if we look at the range of values we can compute using the nested totient product of the Genesis figurate, T₇₃, the repdigits and the powers of ten, we'll find we can obtain two very close approximations of the solar diameter, in miles ( Note: this is not a static value, the sun has no rigid " exact diameter " )

( This table will come up again when I revisit some of the Egyptian astrometry as part of building my case. It's what's referenced in what the Bible calls " the lord's time ", where 1 day = 1,000 years, this is taken from the Sumerian " conceptual cycle " and the intercalation of different calendars )

11.png

Then with the same table, we can extract the approximate aphelion distance

12.png

So now, let's put that aside for a second and revisit the Judaic system of keeping time ( Month , day , " year " ), compare to the synodic average, then to the synodic month value obtained using the sidereal conventions

What we'll find is that the square root of the nested totient of T₇₃ is approximately the average synodic month length, but the cube root of the term 25,920, is also approximately the synodic month length

( This is where I started to discover the use of cube and square roots / numbers in their metrology and astrometry, and how they relate to certain figurate numbers- where mathematicians associated a magnitude |x| with a figurate )

12b.png

Then comparing to the value obtained with the first panel

12c.png

and then to the Judaic ( Babylonian et al ) system of keeping time

12d.png

and so far we're left with

12e.png

Now, each of these values when used as the synodic month length will lead to different years lengths that drift from each other, when we multiply by the square root of the figurate T₁₇ ( 153 )

( continued )

Onoma

Realistically, we could come up with an appropriate synodic average ( 29.53 days ) through a variety of means, but...... can we derive this month length using the triangular figurates and at the same time make this work with Mesopotamian and Egyptian astrometry / mathematics ?

The answer is yes, and this is where I feel like the genius behind Naram-Sin's reformation of metrology really starts to shine

First thing we can do is show that ( 1 + 1/n)ⁿ rounded down to 2.7 is equivalent to 1/3600 x 10,000

This is the number of millimeters per grain

This simply appears when we start using the powers of ten, ( Where we find the Egyptian hieroglyphic of the finger (Horn) to represent 10,000(10x10x10x10) to multiply 1/3600

This begins to connect us to some very important concepts in mathematics

16b.png

The constant of e is also the unique positive number- a , such that the graph of the function y = aˣ has unit slope at x = 0, so this starts to give us an inroad to calculus / algebra

( Remember that the Egyptian " seked " is the slope, this will come into play shortly )

As far as ( 1 + 1/n)ⁿ, this is normally attributed to the mathematician Bernoulli in the 1600's, who supposedly discovered it while playing with compound interest formulas, however, Mesopotamians are well known to have spent much time on these same calculations for compound interest, ( cf. Babylonian interest formulas ) so to assume they couldn't come up with something as simple as ( 1 + 1/n)ⁿ, is short-sighted, at best. Also keep in mind that in Bernoulli's day, they didn't know what we know now about Mesopotamian and Egyptian mathematics, since many of the discoveries were made post 1850's

The constant e pops up all the time in math and physics, so it really shouldn't come as a shock, imo, but I'll show you how this ties into eclipse cycle calculations in a post or so

Anyway, starting on the left, we've already established this identity between the square root of phi and pi, now we're able to show, that by again using the powers of 10 ( The finger / horn ) to divide the Genesis 1:1 figurate T₇₃, adding this to 1/10,000, then using this as the exponent for the number of millimeters per grain, we can derive several things

The 3.5 year period ( Approximate ) where we have two total lunar eclipses occur in a single year ( About once every 3.5 years ), then the synodic month average

We can then use this to derive the year length using the figurate T₁₇

( Click to enlarge )

16c.png

Using the same figurates, ( And now digit products - dp(n) ) we can begin to see how these triangular numbers mesh to the Hebrew calendar ( Which is Babylonian, et al )

( Click to enlarge )

16d.png

( continued )

Onoma

Now we can start to look at some curious things, one of which is the fact we can obtain the approximate perihelion and aphelion distances by using the intercalary term 25,920, and the powers of ten ( In addition to the approximate synodic month average )

This is done using the cube and square root of the term

18 for posting.png

This is a time / distance relationship

Water clock texts have been found that use the reciprocal fractions 2/3 and 3/2 to mark out water measures for the longest and shortest days of the year ( I'll have to dig that from my notes ), but I've been able to show that they used the triangular figurate T_36, as a fraction, ( The power of ten denominator ) but using the digit product ( dp(n) of T_36 instead of the number itself, to derive the approximate year length

( When I eventually get into some things attributed to Kepler, these reciprocal fractions will come back )

18b for posting.png

Now we can check these various lengths against the modern calendars, on the left

On the bottom of the left side, we've simple divided the sum of the repdigits by the powers of ten, this shows us it's approximate to the slope of the " Great Pyramid "

18b1.png

While studying Hilphrect's various publications, I discovered a certain geometric series that was found to be in the priestly corpus from the Temple of Bel, which was a solar + lunar worship ( Therefore using a lunisolar calendar ), and it is this series I believe is part of calculations involving the calculation of the number of approximate light seconds in the AU

I know that seems to be a ridiculous proposition at first, but I've been through the writings of Huygens ( They are online ) where he is referring to the method by which he estimates the speed of light, using Romer's data , and it happens to be the exact same thing that Mesopotamians and Egyptians made rigorous thousands of years ago, and that is the use of dimensional analysis and the study of / prediction / recording data of - eclipses and new moons

Huygens mentions, in turn, what Descartes invokes in his Traité du monde et de la lumière - Treatise on the Light, which are the same exact things - eclipses, angles, time, etc

I'm about 99% certain I'll be able to show that they calculated these things in the antiquities, as the thread goes on ( Not to knock modern math or science )

On the right, we find that the approximate number of light seconds in the Lunar distance Unit is simple the square root of phi. This appears to be the slope of the pyramid

18b2.png

Now, when it comes to eclipses, we have to take into account the moon's orbit is elliptic, this determines whether we see a full, partial, annular or mixed eclipse. It is this elliptical orbit that changes the apparent diameter of the moon, but for rough approximate measurements using the finger, we treat the sun's angular diameter as equal to the moon's.

18b3.png

Again, using nothing but the triangular figurates, the intercalary term, the powers of ten, and some of the other relationships we've identified in previous posts, we can start to see a curious set of relationships evolving..

18b4.png

continued

Onoma

Now I want to begin to show the origin of the word values chosen for Genesis 1:1, and that requires looking at some simple geodesy ( Geodesy is the Earth science of accurately measuring and understanding Earth's geometric shape, orientation in space and gravitational field )

When you want to align a building on earth such that it acts as a timekeeping device, you are invoking both astrometry and geodesy, simultaneously

There are many examples in the ancient world, but two of the more well known buildings are the Karnak temple complex ( Egyptian ) and the Kaaba in Mecca

In this first panel, I show how earth's approximate radius is derived using the triangular figurates, the powers of ten, and the intercalary term 25,920

This involves the convention of nautical miles, used in celestial navigation

karnak, a.png

All that was done to derive the word value for Genesis was to simply round up. Below I've included the Hieratic numbers with the Hebrew numbers, and included the writing of the rounded term in Hieratic

karnak, b.png

Karnak's azimuth is essentially computed using the figurates, and invokes the use of the horizontal coordinate system

It's aligned such that on the longest day of the year ( Summer solstice ) the sun shines down the hallway of the temple as it passes below the visible horizon, and into the inner sanctuary ( Like the inner sanctuary of the Tabernacle where the ark was kept, this was considered the " holy of holies " at Karnak )

karnak, c.png

The Kaaba in Mecca also uses the same conventions in it's alignment, in this case, it's oriented to mark the longest and shortest days of the year ( Solstice and equinox )

kaaba.png

The Kaaba's orientation to solstice and equinoxes matches the angle of earth's precessionary wobble

The distance from the " wailing wall " ( The approximate location of Solomon's temple ) to the Kaaba is approximately 666 nautical miles

I've heard a lot of nonsense over the years, about this triangular number and " Oh, Islam is evil and 666 blah blah ", but I find these claims to be rather moribund when dissected

In Islam, one of the main traditions, where the Kaaba is concerned, is that it was built by the Biblical Abraham, with one tradition maintaining it's built on the original location of the " garden of Eden "

We know, however, from archaeological digs in the area, that the area in which the Kaaba is located, was the site of earlier religious activities, prior to Islam

In addition to that, there are more than a few square buildings like the Kaaba that exist in Middle East, and the " black stone " ( Suggested to be a piece of meteorite ) on the Kaaba is actually also found in earlier temples, like the Elagabalium ( A temple built by the Roman emperor Elagabalus circa 200 AD )

What distinguishes the Kaaba from these earlier / later structures is it's specific location, orientation and distance from Jerusalem, and the fact that whoever chose the site originally, and the building's orientation, had to have been educated in the same mathematical astronomy known to Egyptian / Mesopotamian priests

If, Abraham was a real person, than his supposed origin from Ur, would place him in the exact area where mathematical astronomy was known to be quite rigorous, as attested to by our knowledge of Chaldean astronomers, but if the Biblical character of Abraham was merely based on the knowledge / role of a priest / astronomer ( And thus a fiction ) then there are still the questions of " who ? " and " how ? "

The question of " how ? " is easily answered - " with math "

To assume what is in the panel below, is a coincidence, is to ignore the conventions of astrometry and geodesy in the antiquities ( imo )

kaaba, b.png

It is, specifically, the Chaldeans in Ur that were known to have extensive tables of calculations, predictions and observations of this precessionary cycle

kaaba, c.png

And to finish this rather brief post, I want to remind the reader that we are essentially discussing / will be discussing " gematria " and it helps to keep in mind the etymology of the word itself, because gematria essentially comes from the science of geodesy

geodesy.png

continued

Onoma

Now we'll look at some eclipse cycle calculations

There are several types of eclipses, and what determines the type of eclipse we see on earth, is a matter of simple plane geometry

1, eclipses.png

There are many different eclipse cycles, and the calculation of " exact " values is virtually impossible ( Due to the combination of things like the moon's nutation, obliquity, and earth's wobble ), but one useful approximation is the eclipse year length

2 eclipse year.png

I've found that while there are many people who believe in the Genesis creation account being the precedent for the 7 day week, I find that this arises from the length of the eclipse year, calculated with the triangular

3 eclipse year.png

The eclipse year is roughly 19 days short of of the Julian and Gregorian years

Now where the Judaic chelek ( Grain ) is a time degree measure related to the meter, the fraction itself shows to be based on the length of the " flood " cycles

4 eclipse year.png

And by using the previously identified Saros calculations, we can see that we can also derive the approximate speed of light, using the same triangular numbers ( No surprise considering you can do the same using Earth's approximate circumference or radius, as a straight line distance )

5, eclipse year.png

continued

MNoBody

Thanks man, i like the way you think....
the graphics are great, they yours?
if so, kudos, they really help with the topic

Onoma

They are basically a combination of random screenshots with added text, manipulated in Windows paint, my attempt to eventually distill all my notes into a format that is both sensible mathematically ( Although I'm probably butchering anything Polymath considers rigorous math so far, lol ), but also easy to understand

What I hope to do is put everything in a format that is clear enough, for any of us to be able to say " This is true " , or " This is not true / significant for the reason/s____ "

I'm using red numbers occasionally as a nod to the Egyptian custom of writing red auxiliary numbers

Onoma

The length, in days, of the Saros calculated with triangular figurates, the totient function, the repdigits, and the powers of ten ( Left ) VS the length calculated with the synodic month average ( Right )

6.png

The duration of the eclipse year, in days, calculated with the triangulars

7,.png

Another brief example of the simple relationships ( By no means comprehensive ) I've found while studying the origin of the numerical bases used for Biblical Hebrew and Greek

8 draft.png

I'm gradually condensing my notes down to a simple format that shows all the various possible apsis / eclipse related calculations using these figurates, but it's going to be a week or three before I'm finished crawling through my notes

This next panel, I included to show the " Kepler triangle " that unites the " Pythagorean formula " with the Golden ratio, because I do believe this was part of the design of the GP, meant to reflect the mathematical knowledge of the priests

We could chalk this up to coincidence, but I feel after studying how scientists like Huygens and Descartes, et al, started to form their conjectures on the speed of light, that it's not only reasonable to assume the ancients beat them to the punch, it's logical

9.png

I don't consider myself a " pyramidologist ", yet I've taken a good bit of time to look into the history of it and the conjectures people have made ( As well as the specious arguments and debunking ) , and I have made some rather stunning discoveries I feel people have overlooked, they basically expose the GP as a not just a timekeeping device, but almost as a storage / representation of mathematical knowledge

Many people have made the claim that the building somehow " encodes the speed of light " with its actual location, this in turn has been " debunked " on a number of websites.

I've discovered, however, that none of the conjecture / debunking has taken into consideration there are several different conventions of writing coordinates, and when both are taken into consideration, it shows that the location in one system ( DMS coordinates ) is based on the length of the synodic month ( The flood interval - molad - birth - fruit of Sin, etc ) and the approximate arc of the month interval, and in the other system is indeed an approximation of the speed of light ( DD coordinates )

This is not coincidence either. If you go back a few pages and look at the etymology panels showing the origin of the Hebrew word for " flood " stemming from the Sumerian, Akkadian / Babylonian and Egyptian terms, you'll see it says " flood " ( of light )

The meaning here is subtly different from what one might assume at first glance. When it says ( Of light ) in parenthesis, it's like the English phrasing " You are of your father " or " He is of the devil " ( Existing because of, coming from )

In such, this associating the speed of light with the synodic month interval ( The flood ) is nothing wonky at all, it's tradition for the time, and stems from astrometry and mathematical astronomy

I will in time post the claim and the debunking of this, and the flaws in them, and how to actually make sense of it by an examination of the conventions of geodesy in the antiquities ( Maybe in a different thread, it's hard to separate the topics, but I want to avoid the usual wonk associated with the discussions of the GP itself )

I do also have a great deal more to share on the use of these figurate numbers, both in geodesy and astrometry, there are some surprising calculations that can be achieved using them ( Earth's mass, for example ), but I guess it's time to start looking at my claim that the flood narrative in the Bible is based on the mathematics of astrometry while I get the rest of my notes arranged

So...

In the course of my various pokings and proddings of the Bible, one of the things I had noticed was the mention of the so-called " 7 seals " in the Book of Revelation. Knowing that the numbers 666 and 144,000 were taken from simple calculations dealing with eclipses and eclipse cycles, and also that Revelation contains Babylonian omen phrasing, lifted word-for-word from cuneiform astronomy texts, I spent a bit of time studying what this possibly referenced in the Hebrew alphabet ( Knowing it's rather obvious Hieratic origin )

It seemed to point to what is considered the last letter in the Hebrew alphabet, the " Tav / Taw / Tau ", which as a number, represents 400

This letter in turn, is variously associated with three main concepts in classical exegesis

- " marks ", " signs " ( Omen ) and " seals "

I've read pretty much all there is to read about the various Rabbinical commentary concerning this letter, ( As well as a few years study into various uses of seals in the antiquities ) and am always up for discussion about them, but for the meantime I want to keep things in the math arena, so, to clarify

1.png

Seeing that this essentially points us to a dimensionless number ( 400 ) representing the differences in approximate size of the sun and moon that lead to the eclipse ( Omen ) phenomenon, I began to wonder whether or not the whole " 7 seals " bit wasn't something more mathematically oriented, as opposed to the usual rather magical and fantabulous explanations offered by end times zealots

So, I started with the assumption that it is instead, a mathematical puzzle of sorts, and in such, it is based on the figurate numbers and their use in astronomy calculations

Being that it's the figurate used for Genesis 1:1 that seemed to be the most prominent in the bulk of what I had been playing with, I went with the conjecture that the " 7 seals " were in fact a reference to a combination of the number of the " seal / mark / sign " , the " Tav " ( 400 ) and the numbers summed to the figurate, from Genesis 1:1, themselves being the result of design using mathematical relationships known to priests

What I did was take the word values, place them in a column, and in the next column I wrote the value of the " seal " ( Tav ), derived from Revelation's numbers

2.png

What I noticed first, was that out pops the value for the word " month ", when one simply looks at the difference

What made me set this apart as something to pay attention to, was that A.) " month " is normally written such that it = 312 , but then B.) This " month " happens to be right in the " flood " narrative

3.png

Then, I began to compare the values to " pi " and the intercalary term 25,920, at the same time, taking note of the fact that there is an odd congruence involving the untranslated term in Genesis, prime VS non prime numbers, the month, the intercalary term, and the gradient ( 127% ) found in the seked of the G. Pyramid

4.png

...this in turn inspired me to pick things apart even more, because I wanted to write these off as coincidence, and the only way to do this was to keep digging

However, ...there was a strange consistency to things I could not bring myself to write off as mere coincidence

continued

MNoBody

makes the concept of a jealous god a more sensible depiction when taking the thing as a celestial mechanics textbook
gravity is definitely a jealous devil/god/whatever term turns yer twist
and endlessly recursive fractal constructs tend to show lots of synchronicity which ought to tip off observant pattern recognizing characters