• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Post

Hitchey

Hello all,
I'm not new to message boards but I am new to this site. Just happened to stumble upon it today. Looks like a great place to hang out and chat. What I like is that it doesn't seem that one will be banished just for stating an opinion.

I am in my late 50s (ouch!) and have been an atheist most of my life. I look forward to meeting all of you.

Hitchey

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
welcome to RF hitchey.
i hope you have a good time around here and it does takes more than an oppinion to get banned. it's a good place.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
What I like is that it doesn't seem that one will be banished just for stating an opinion.
Yeah, here, they just run the "loonies" off without banning them :D.

But no, seriously, I've noticed that stating certain things on the forums will make you a social outcast, and most outcasts end up leaving. For example, I happen to be pro-gay-marriage myself (the government has no right to respect the religious institution of marriage, and they have no right to tell people they cannot marry, therefore any argument against homosexuality, if there are any decent ones at all, is null and pointless), but I can see by the behavior of others that being on the anti-homosexal side of the gay marriage debate is an instant make-people-hate-you card (well, a lot of the anti-homosexuals tend to be donkey-holes in other aspects too, coincidently). Or, for example, there's this guy that no one wants to associate with because he's on the anti-reform side of the healthcare debate (why anyone in the right mind would oppose healthcare reform is beyond me, but that one aspect doesn't make him a completely worthless human being...), and there's an LDS guy that everyone openly makes fun of because he believes that Obama is the antichrist.
Stuff like that's not the norm though, most people are pretty open-minded here. We have a few evangelical atheists, but most of the reigious fundamentalists run away after failing to show us their divine inspiration :).

But seeing that you're an atheist, you should fit in just fine :D. Hai and welcome to RF :D.

fabulous

Hello, LuisDantas invite me to join this forum..
I'm from Brazil and I'm atheist.
I alredy use a brazilian religious forum... called clube cético
and the forum sealife and ld4all...
I'm sorry about my english.

challupa

Well welcome Fabulous and Hitchey. I think you'll like it here. Really good place to learn things about other beliefs and make some really good friends from all over the world. I love it here.

Hitchey

welcome to RF hitchey.
i hope you have a good time around here and it does takes more than an oppinion to get banned. it's a good place.
I tell you, that is good to know. I enjoy lively discussions and there is nothing worse than having to second guess everything I say. I don't think that is the way things work here. Cheers! :)

Hitchey

Yeah, here, they just run the "loonies" off without banning them :D.

But no, seriously, I've noticed that stating certain things on the forums will make you a social outcast, and most outcasts end up leaving. For example, I happen to be pro-gay-marriage myself (the government has no right to respect the religious institution of marriage, and they have no right to tell people they cannot marry, therefore any argument against homosexuality, if there are any decent ones at all, is null and pointless), but I can see by the behavior of others that being on the anti-homosexal side of the gay marriage debate is an instant make-people-hate-you card (well, a lot of the anti-homosexuals tend to be donkey-holes in other aspects too, coincidently). Or, for example, there's this guy that no one wants to associate with because he's on the anti-reform side of the healthcare debate (why anyone in the right mind would oppose healthcare reform is beyond me, but that one aspect doesn't make him a completely worthless human being...), and there's an LDS guy that everyone openly makes fun of because he believes that Obama is the antichrist.
Stuff like that's not the norm though, most people are pretty open-minded here. We have a few evangelical atheists, but most of the reigious fundamentalists run away after failing to show us their divine inspiration :).

But seeing that you're an atheist, you should fit in just fine :D. Hai and welcome to RF :D.
LOL! I am pro-gay marriage, pro health care reform and I don't think Obama is the anti-christ. I am glad that is the norm around here.

Cheers!

Hitchey

Hello, LuisDantas invite me to join this forum..
I'm from Brazil and I'm atheist.
I alredy use a brazilian religious forum... called clube cético
and the forum sealife and ld4all...
I'm sorry about my english.
Don't appologize. I wish I was a competent as yourself in any second language. Look forward to chatting with you.

imaginaryme

Hitchey, welcome. I like atheism. It's like Marx said, any group smart enough to want no part of me is alright in my book. ;)