• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First photo of a real black hole is finally released!!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Brilliant or what?
BBC is running about 5 documentaries and films back-to-back tonite on BBC4. I'm recording the lot.

:)

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
Why are there black holes at the center of most galaxies? Does information disappear inside of black holes? What happens to space-time there? I have so many questions about black holes, but no answers. ...:( Inquiring minds must know! ...:)

suncowiam

How cool? Knowing the surface you find the entropy. Knowing its mass you find the energy. Dividing the latter with the former gives you the temperature. Ergo, how cool it is.

:)

Ciao

- viole

I like to think in terms of how HOT it is. ;)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I had a thought regarding color.....
What's the color of Hawking radiation?
The "colors" of the photograph are clearly artificial since the light came in the radio frequencies. But color more towards the blue end would be the higher frequencies received and those at the red end would be lower frequencies received and brightness is intensity. Since we cannot "see" the actual frequencies the change is understandable.