• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fiorina: It is "Vital" that Trump be impeached

Carly Fiorina, the former Republican presidential primary candidate said recently it is "vital" that Trump be impeached. She demurred on whether he should be removed from office via impeachment trial or election and whether she would vote for him in 2020.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump said "who could look at that face" as a reason Fiorina should not win the nomination and be president.

Laika

Premium Member
Carly Fiorina, the former Republican presidential primary candidate said recently it is "vital" that Trump be impeached. She demurred on whether he should be removed from office via impeachment trial or election and whether she would vote for him in 2020.

During the 2016 campaign, Trump said "who could look at that face" as a reason Fiorina should not win the nomination and be president.

I don't know where she stands on the issues, but this is exactly what I want to hear from a Republican, whether I agree with them or not. In the end you have to put country before party and it's worrying to think a large part of the GOP won't seem to do that.

You can only have a constitution and bipartisan basis for government if there are things more important than winning. There has to be certain principles that unite all Americans even with differences between the parties so we can move on whatever the result of each election is and ensure that there is good government for everyone or for as many people as possible.

We have to get back to a situation where you can disagree with someone and still believe they have the best interests of your country at heart (both in America and else where). I don't know what that's looks like, but we really need "calmer heads to prevail".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I don't know where she stands on the issues, but this is exactly what I want to hear from a Republican, whether I agree with them or not. In the end you have to put country before party....
Is she? The OP has her not saying far more than she says.
I wonder if she believes impeachment (leading to trial &
non-conviction) might serve Trump in 2020. I don't know.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I do know because I looked it up:

The former Hewlett-Packard CEO told CNN on "Boss Files with Poppy Harlow" that she sees the President's conduct as impeachable and "destructive to the republic."
"I think it is vital that he be impeached," Fiorina said. But whether Trump should be removed from office, Fiorina said, "this close to an election, I don't know."
Carly Fiorina says it is 'vital' Trump be impeached, but doesn't rule out voting for him in 2020 - CNNPolitics

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I do know because I looked it up:

The former Hewlett-Packard CEO told CNN on "Boss Files with Poppy Harlow" that she sees the President's conduct as impeachable and "destructive to the republic."
"I think it is vital that he be impeached," Fiorina said. But whether Trump should be removed from office, Fiorina said, "this close to an election, I don't know."
Carly Fiorina says it is 'vital' Trump be impeached, but doesn't rule out voting for him in 2020 - CNNPolitics
This still doesn't illuminate her views about keeping him in office.
So...which candidate do you want to run against Trump?

Laika

Premium Member

I might be getting ahead of myself, but it's a relief to see something take a calm and measured response of the situation that is aware of the responsibility of the office and the decisions relating to impeachment entail.

Right now, I think Trump will not be convicted simply because the GOP have a majority in the Senate, but I think that is driven more by corruption and short-sighted partisanship. I'm deeply worried what the long-term implications would be, but I would be more comfortable Trump remaining in office and campaigning for re-election if it was in good faith and the integrity of the election process is protected for 2020.

If Trump gets re-elected, I think the West will have made a historic shift to an "anti-liberal" or "illiberal" era. So I want the Democrats to win, but I don't expect them to as they are too divided.

any_sane_adult_bumper_sticker_500x500.png

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I might be getting ahead of myself, but it's a relief to see something take a calm and measured response of the situation that is aware of the responsibility of the office and the decisions relating to impeachment entail.

Right now, I think Trump will not be convicted simply because the GOP have a majority in the Senate, but I think that is driven more by corruption and short-sighted partisanship. I'm deeply worried what the long-term implications would be, but I would be more comfortable Trump remaining in office and campaigning for re-election if it was in good faith and the integrity of the election process is protected for 2020.

If Trump gets re-elected, I think the West will have made a historic shift to an "anti-liberal" or "illiberal" era. So I want the Democrats to win, but I don't expect them to as they are too divided.

any_sane_adult_bumper_sticker_500x500.png
Be careful there.
Many sane people have vales we'd oppose.

What does this mean?

She said he should be impeached, because his conduct is impeachable and that's more important than party loyalties. But she also said she is not sure he should be removed from office this close to an election. Her view is nuanced, but I thought it was expressed quite clearly.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

"and he won't be removed from office"

Seems she knew the Democrats were going to screw that up.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What does this mean?

She said he should be impeached, because his conduct is impeachable and that's more important than party loyalties. But she also said she is not sure he should be removed from office this close to an election. Her view is nuanced, but I thought it was expressed quite clearly.
But to be mum about conviction, removal, & re-election suggests
that she might not be quite the anti-Trumper some believe.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
She wasn’t mum about it. I explicitly cited this in the OP.

I agree she’s not a Never Trumper.
This part of the OP was what raised my question about where she really stood....
" She demurred on whether he should be removed from office via
impeachment trial or election and whether she would vote for him in 2020."

This part of the OP was what raised my question about where she really stood....
" She demurred on whether he should be removed from office via
impeachment trial or election and whether she would vote for him in 2020."
Understood. I think her position is nuanced, and she hasn’t made up her mind on some things.

What she is certain about is that he should be impeached and she wished principle took more of the lead vs partisanship.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Can't help but wonder if she got bought to say that. Wink wink nudge nudge

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'll make up my mind who before the Democratic primary here in March. Until then, my choice will vary. But right now it's Senator Klobuchar but if she has a decent shot, we'll see what comes out about her and how she handles it.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
But to be mum about conviction, removal, & re-election suggests
that she might not be quite the anti-Trumper some believe.

They will take what they can get but it is funny we didn't see much discussion about the democrat that turned republican over this--- or did we?

They will take what they can get but it is funny we didn't see much discussion about the democrat that turned republican over this--- or did we?
I saw plenty of headlines about that.

Happy to talk about it in the appropriate thread.

This thread is about Fiorina. Does any Trumpster have the courage to respond to the substance of what Fiorina actually said?