• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finland's strategy for fighting forest fires

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Fakenews. Everyone knows fire in Finland is myth propagated by Russian bots that are still salty over loosing Talvisota to superior Finnish coldness.
And this tune was really composed for a jingle to advertise feminine hygiene products...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Property development and brush management is specifically the topic. Way over your head. Thinning forrests is not very profitable but over growth due to replanting id rrquired along wiyh unnaturally developed forest due to logging. Further mote vrush mainance of thin ed forrests is critical and the elimination of fire suppression at all costs needs to stop. Thus property develop. and expansions into forested areas need to be considered more carefully by owners.
Ths camp fire which of all thesr fires cali has recently have had was a thinned forest with massive undergrowth. Loggers are going to be brush management rather than tree cutters by and large. That is goung to cost a lot of money regardless its not tax free.
Facing Deadlier Fires, California Tries Something New: More Logging

What's way over my head, is you're coming across as a bit gibberishy here.

Perhaps you could put it in layman's terms?

David T

Premium Member
What's way over my head, is you're coming across as a bit gibberishy here.

Perhaps you could put it in layman's terms?
Read the article it has pictures. The vast majority of cali fires has zero to do with forests. The one major property fire that is related to actual forests paradise, infact was thinned out 10 years ago. The priblem Is No one bothered about maintance and control fires since control fires are culturally considered bad. They are not bad. So "logging" ie clear cutting isnt a solution and axtually isnt necessary. proper maintance and control fires is required in thinned areas even clear cutting would require continual control burns regardless. All of it costing money.

Since i spend an extreme amount of time actually in forested areas, i find people simply parroting easy uninformed answers because its politically appealing is silly.. Some thinning is needed the tree farm forests are unnatually thick due to LOGGING.

Yes enviromentalists . have balked at fires and so has logging. Its been a battle of either clear cut vs no cut neither is correct.

Last edited: