• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Filthy Los Angeles rats

shmogie

Los Angeles, like most liberal cities, allows the homeless to camp wherever they choose. Their little cities can be found in various parts of the downtown area. L.A. has filed suit against another city, trying to stop what they say amounts to this city taking its homeless, and donating them to the good people of L.A. and their tolerant policies.

Los Angeles is at the tipping point regarding what could be a major negative event.

The homeless encampments are filthy, these folk live in abject squalor. However, they have created essentially Disneyland for rats . These encampents are infested with rats, and the rats are infested with fleas, who carry bubonic plague.

Epidemiologists have been keeping track of these rats and fleas, and have estimated the rising rate at 1.5 %.

They say if it reaches 2% People will get the plague in significant numbers, and the outbreak could reach epidemic proportions.

Today, the plague can be fought with expensive antibiotics, but this is problematic with the homeless population.

Will they recognize the early stages, which present like common illnesses like cold or flu ?

If cured, will they return to the same environment that gave them the disease in the first place ?

After considering all the options, the L.A. has been presented with a stark solution for a liberal city.

It has been recommended that the city break up all these encampments, disperse the people, and remove the filth they have created. Further, the recommendation is that people never be allowed to take over the sidewalks for their collective living.

Will the city fathers do this to avoid an epidemic of bubonic plague ? I do not believe they will. The common good is rarely considered when dealing with alleged oppressed people. Their interests are always paramount.

So, lets watch LA and see how this extremely serious threat plays out. I could be totally wrong, I hope so.

The plague is one very bad, and potentially fatal disease. It once killed at least a third of the people in Europe.

PureX

Veteran Member
Los Angeles, like most liberal cities, allows the homeless to camp wherever they choose. Their little cities can be found in various parts of the downtown area. L.A. has filed suit against another city, trying to stop what they say amounts to this city taking its homeless, and donating them to the good people of L.A. and their tolerant policies.

Los Angeles is at the tipping point regarding what could be a major negative event.

The homeless encampments are filthy, these folk live in abject squalor. However, they have created essentially Disneyland for rats . These encampents are infested with rats, and the rats are infested with fleas, who carry bubonic plague.

Epidemiologists have been keeping track of these rats and fleas, and have estimated the rising rate at 1.5 %.

They say if it reaches 2% People will get the plague in significant numbers, and the outbreak could reach epidemic proportions.

Today, the plague can be fought with expensive antibiotics, but this is problematic with the homeless population.

Will they recognize the early stages, which present like common illnesses like cold or flu ?

If cured, will they return to the same environment that gave them the disease in the first place ?

After considering all the options, the L.A. has been presented with a stark solution for a liberal city.

It has been recommended that the city break up all these encampments, disperse the people, and remove the filth they have created. Further, the recommendation is that people never be allowed to take over the sidewalks for their collective living.

Will the city fathers do this to avoid an epidemic of bubonic plague ? I do not believe they will. The common good is rarely considered when dealing with alleged oppressed people. Their interests are always paramount.

So, lets watch LA and see how this extremely serious threat plays out. I could be totally wrong, I hope so.

The plague is one very bad, and potentially fatal disease. It once killed at least a third of the people in Europe.
I guess we should just exterminate them all, along with the rats. Hey, it's them or us, right? And, anyway, it's their own fault. They just don't want to work.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, the rats certainly need to be killed, but they can be very slippery buggers.
Get a few trained minks and a couple of dogs that work in tandem with the minks.

Disclaimer. Rat death by dog and mink. Not for the weak minded but they died quick!

This guy is amazing.

Give Peace I mean PETA a say, eventually you're going to get something like this....

Twilight Hue

It's why I'm against so many liberal policies.

But it's who they voted for , and they get everything they deserve coming to them.

Let the homeless have the run of the place and they can shoot up on the sidewalks to their hearts content. The 'immigrants' will clean it up.

shmogie

I guess we should just exterminate them all, along with the rats. Hey, it's them or us, right? And, anyway, it's their own fault. They just don't want to work.
I am surprised that you make such harsh judgements. I certainly can´t agree with you. In my years as a LEO I found many of the homeless people to be ill, severe alcoholics or drug addicts, mentally unstable. There were a few who chose the lifestyle simply because it met their personal desires.

I do not recall any serious crime committed by a homeless person, usually they were the victims.

You can kill some if you want, but it will end very badly if you choose that option.

You use your sarcasm because you think you know me, you don´t. Since you see people based upon group identification and stereotypes, your cynicism is the result of those judgements. Which are dead wrong.

PureX

Veteran Member
It wasn't liberal policies that created all that homelessness. And it's not liberal policies that cause it to fester. But of course that will be completely ignored in the blind rush to blame everything on the "liberals", even though neither the cause nor the horrible conditions have anything to do with any liberal policies or behaviors.

shmogie

Get a few trained minks and a couple of dogs that work in tandem with the minks.

Disclaimer. Rat death by dog and mink. Not for the weak minded but they died quick!

This guy is amazing.

Give Peace I mean PETA a say, eventually you're going to get something like this....

I have seen a rat terrier kill like 20 rats in a minute, he did it very humanely, grabbed them, shook them and broke their necks. Yep PETA is one whacky organization.

Darkforbid

Personally I'm strongly against unsolicited food for the homeless. Which has angered many homeless charities locally and nationally

It's like their stupid is my fault

Twilight Hue

I have seen a rat terrier kill like 20 rats in a minute, he did it very humanely, grabbed them, shook them and broke their necks. Yep PETA is one whacky organization.
The minks go inside and kill as many as they can while the dogs go for the escapees. It's amazing how the animals work together.

shmogie

It wasn't liberal policies that created all that homelessness. And it's not liberal policies that cause it to fester. But of course that will be completely ignored in the blind rush to blame everything on the "liberals", even though neither the cause nor the horrible conditions have anything to do with any liberal policies or behaviors.
There, you are wrong. Liberal policies have taken huge amounts of money in these cities to deal with these issues and they have accomplished little. Always the demand is more money, don´t worry about what we do with it.

Teachers for the most part have good benefits and pay for working about half of a year. Look at the results, high school graduates who read at a third grade level, complete breakdown of discipline, but instead of laser like focus on the causation, the demand is, more money.

I am no fan of Trumps mouth, but he is right regarding Baltimore, decades of huge amounts of federal money to the city, people living in third world conditions. The solution, more money. This is asinine.

Liberal policies have consigned people to live in abject poverty in these cities.

I am old enough to remember when LA was much more conservative. No homeless camping on the streets, high school graduates that could function as high school graduates, no gangs. You tell me why this has changed under liberal administrations.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
In reference to the OP, Trump is president for the people of LA as well. If he criticizes LA like he has with Baltimore, then maybe he should look very carefully into the mirror to see what one of the problems is. And since some here at RF voted for Trump, maybe they should also look into the mirror to see another problem.

shmogie

The minks go inside and kill as many as they can while the dogs go for the escapees. It's amazing how the animals work together.
Minks are just mean, tough, hellions. Hunting like that is done with ferrets as well.

I have owned dachshunds for many years, I have three now. They go down into a burrow, badgers or rabbits, corner the prey, and bark incessantly so the guy above can locate them, dig down and kill the prey.

There are competitions for this. man made complicated burrows where our friend the rat is placed at a given spot from above (in a cage) and the doxie is timed in locating him and raising hell.

My father in law worked on a mink farm when he was young, he said if one was the size of a great dane it would be like a godzilla on a cocaine jag,

Darkforbid

In reference to the OP, Trump is president for the people of LA as well. If he criticizes LA like he has with Baltimore, then maybe he should look very carefully into the mirror to see what one of the problems is. And since some here at RF voted for Trump, maybe they should also look into the mirror to see another problem.

Homelessness is not a new problem that suddenly appeared after Trump was elected.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Homelessness is not a new problem that suddenly appeared after Trump was elected.
I didn't state nor imply that it is, but I am stating that homelessness is not just a local problem, so he also does have some responsibility to try and at least ameliorate these situations instead of just passing the buck to the local authorities.

Darkforbid

I didn't state nor imply that it is, but I am stating that homelessness is not just a local problem, so he also does have some responsibility to try and at least ameliorate these situations instead of just passing the buck to the local authorities.

No you used homelessness for a cheep dig at Trump

shmogie

I voted for Trump, the second worst candidate to ever run for president, hillary was the worst.

So, two utterly amoral and semi corrupt candidates in an election, where one must become president.

So, you are daily offended by Trumps mouth, me too though not that often.

I look at policies, not at the clowns in the clown show.

Trump has implemented policies I think are best for the country.

Hillary is a worse sleaze, money grubber, liar, and generally a less effective clown than Trump.

I will vote for him again, there is no one in the massive democratic bunch running for president that I would vote for as dog catcher.

Oh, in criticizing a black man in his job performance for the people he represents, and pointing out his meanness in shouting at professionals in their field, is racist.

Were the democrat criticisms of Dr. Carson racist ? Oh h**l no ! democrats are never racists. Not even Pelosi, contrary to what the ex bartender says.

PureX

Veteran Member
There, you are wrong. Liberal policies have taken huge amounts of money in these cities to deal with these issues and they have accomplished little. Always the demand is more money, don´t worry about what we do with it.
That does not create the problem, it just doesn't fix it once it's been created. What created the problem is the free reign of greed, particularly corporate greed, which the "conservatives" support and favor in every way and at every opportunity. The elimination of social safety nets so that billionaires don't have to pay their taxes, which conservatives approve and support in every way and at every opportunity and to ANY degree, is why there are so many of these homeless encampments. And now you want to blame the "liberals" for not somehow magically making them go away. What will make them go away would be policies like paying a living minimum wage, free access to good basic and higher education, universal health care, infrastructure repair, replacement and updating which would create good jobs for people with less than a college degree, ... all policies that "conservatives" actively fight against.

Last edited:

Darkforbid

I also worth saying the main culprits of the rat problems in cities is not the homeless its the people who use the streets as a take away litter bin