• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fighting satan 666

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
If you can't fight the devil, why does it tell you to?

How could one fight satan, when 666 satan is more powerful than the person 666

Satan isn't a fallen angel?

My belief is that you aren't going to fight satan as an atheist, or non biblical believer, because satan is too powerful unless you have that.

Phaedrus

My belief is that you aren't going to fight satan as an atheist, or non biblical believer, because satan is too powerful unless you have that.

As an atheist, I no more believe in satan's existence than I do god's. Therefore, there's nothing to fight against except religious people's misconceptions of reality.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
May it be that what you call Satan is not a person/being but is within us and what we fight is the evil within our self?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
May it be that what you call Satan is not a person/being but is within us and what we fight is the evil within our self?
Thats an ok argument. However, I don't believe it really matches the inference, because satan works outside of the self. In other words, the self may not be aware of satan , yet that doesn't mean that satan isn't real.

pearl

Why would not an Atheist be fighting Satan every time she/he chooses what is good over what is evil? Whether Satan is acknowledged or not, he looses.

LightofTruth

Everyone has a devil inside themselves. So, what we fight against is not only our own devil but the devil inside others.

JJ50

It is so sad

You have no evidence Satan or god exist, it is only a belief to which you are entitled if it turns you on..

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Yeah... "the power of christ compells you!!" does indeed sound a bit hollow if you don't even believe in christ.

Off course, being a non-believer, you'ld have no reason to utter those words (except when joking) in a "fight against satan", because you wouldn't be believing that there is a satan to fight in the first place either.......

So all in all, your point doesn't make much sense now, does it?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
In other words, the self may not be aware of satan , yet that doesn't mean that satan isn't real.

And you might not be aware of my undetectable 7-headed pet dragon following you around everywhere you go, but that doesn't mean the dragon isn't real either, now does it?

Off course you have to ask yourself, why does it matter to point that out?

LightofTruth

The devil exists as a person.
Correct. Jesus called Judas a devil because Judas betrayed Jesus for silver. Judas is a person, therefore Judas is a devil.

Jesus called Peter Satan because Peter was savoring the things of man rather than God. Peter is a person, therefore Peter was Satan.

Get it?

LightofTruth

Let's look at another example. If a person was responsible to sell some of his assets in order that those in the community who were in need could have what they needed and the person held back some of the proceeds then it would be charged up to the devil in the person which caused him to keep some of the money for himself. the devil is nothing more than the sinful desires of the flesh and mind.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
It is so sad

You have no evidence Satan or god exist, it is only a belief to which you are entitled if it turns you on..
^

His claim is a fact: you have no evidence to demonstrate this "satan" character exists. That is a factual statement.

If you disagree, you can demonstate the statement as false / not factual by providing evidence that demonstrates the existance of this character.
The statement was that I have no evidence that satan is real, not that I couldn't prove her existence.

Any claims for proof, aren't credible.

You can figure out why, I suppose.