• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Female Arab talks sense

Ordeet

[youtube]ir_JNPn_GNM[/youtube]
I quite agree with this woman. She is very intelligent...the depth of her humanity simply shines through her eyes when she speaks.

Another good person I like is Dr. Irshad Manji, who's a best selling author. Manji released the international bestseller, The Trouble with Islam Today: A Muslim's Call for Reform in Her Faith, an open letter to the worldwide community about why her faith needs to come to terms with the diversity of ideas, beliefs and people in the world, and why non-Muslims have a pivotal role in helping them get there. You should check it out if you get the time.

I think people of all faiths need to seek reform and moderation in their religion and personal lives. But for some reason this is a bigger issue with Islam than it is with other religions.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
People.. listening to an Arab.. and a female one at that?

What do you think this is, a country full of intelligent people?
I'm not sure you are aware of this, but the most popular poet in your country is a 13th century Islamic poet. if people should listen to anyone on Oriental affairs then they should listen to Oriental people.

Ordeet

I'm not sure you are aware of this, but the most popular poet in your country is a 13th century Islamic poet. if people should listen to anyone on Oriental affairs then they should listen to Oriental people.

Well not always. Just to play devil's advocate. For example I'm Indian, but there are lots of Americans and Brits who speak beautiful Hindi and Sanskrit and know a lot more about Indian culture than I do. You can't trust everyone on everything, but sometimes you'll get the truth from the people you least expect. ;)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Well not always. Just to play devil's advocate. For example I'm Indian, but there are lots of Americans and Brits who speak beautiful Hindi and Sanskrit and know a lot more about Indian culture than I do. You can't trust everyone on everything, but sometimes you'll get the truth from the people you least expect. ;)
I did not say that scholars of all cultures are useless.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Attacking Wafa Sultan's personality and history logically does nothing to disprove her ideas. I'm not saying her ideas are correct. I'm not well enough informed on this subject to do so. But the guy in the video is wasting his breath taking the approach he does of trying to discredit her. He should be trying to discredit her ideas.

Last edited:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know why some here are even taking what she is saying seriously. She simply paint brushed all muslims with certain characteristics, picked a couple of controversial Hadiths, and false stories about the prophet, and flat out lied in claiming that muslims are required to kill anybody who doesn't believe in Islam, and still some here are taking her seriously.

Her arguments are so pathetic i don't know where to start. I don't know why people think it's a good idea to hear about Islam from people who so obviously oppose it and are biased towards it.

Also, the claim that anybody who reads the prophet's story, must end up with psychological problems? I sincerely hope people here can see these arguments for what they are, useless, baseless, and flat out lies. "Female Arab talks sense", why the heck is that?? Because she is saying horrible things about Islam and muslims and Muhammad? That's all it takes? No proof or any sensible arguments required, merely trashing muslims and their prophet is enough to count on it's own?

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I don't know why some here are even taking what she is saying seriously. She simply paint brushed all muslims with certain characteristics, picked a couple of controversial Hadiths, and false stories about the prophet, and flat out lied in claiming that muslims are required to kill anybody who doesn't believe in Islam, and still some here are taking her seriously.

Her arguments are so pathetic i don't know where to start. I don't know why people think it's a good idea to hear about Islam from people who so obviously oppose it and are biased towards it.

Also, the claim that anybody who reads the prophet's story, must end up with psychological problems? I sincerely hope people here can see these arguments for what they are, useless, baseless, and flat out lies. "Female Arab talks sense", why the heck is that?? Because she is saying horrible things about Islam and muslims and Muhammad? That's all it takes? No proof or any sensible arguments required, merely trashing muslims and their prophet is enough to count on it's own?

I personally would want to hear about Islam from people who oppose it..people who promote it and neutrals..

Love

Dallas

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I don't know why some here are even taking what she is saying seriously.
I can only speak for myself, but I'm not taking everything she says as the gospel truth. I have to listen though. Like Dallas said, I think it's key to listen to all points of view. It's then up to the listener to do some homework and find out if the speaker and what she is saying is credible.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I can only speak for myself, but I'm not taking everything she says as the gospel truth. I have to listen though. Like Dallas said, I think it's key to listen to all points of view. It's then up to the listener to do some homework and find out if the speaker and what she is saying is credible.

Exactly...If this guy is threatened by what she said I ..wonder why,,.,

LOTS of people dog on Islam and Muslims..

Here is what I know.."not much' about the religion but some of the sweetest people.. and some of the worst come out of that religion..

I judge not....(groups)..individual to individual..

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
O.K///

This women is "giving her opinion"..

She is "passionate" about it..

She is "anti war anti vilolence".

She is anti women in "oppression"//

WHOAH!!! We should IGNORE HER!!! LOL!!!

Love

Dallas

Ordeet

I see an intelligent woman making some very pertinent commentary on the real situation, passionately, straight from the heart, then I see this cold old guy reading from a prepared manufactured propaganda sheet. Now tell me which one would you believe.

Cheers

Quite true.

Not to mention that one of the people is an accredited doctor with an advanced degree who states facts, and one of them is an anonymous propagandist who is spouting what can only be termed defamation and/or hate speech.

One person speaks with the warmth of the unique human spirit because her goal is to lift others up from oppression. The other speaks coldly and merely attacks with religious propaganda.

The world - the people - will decide who is right in the end. No "gods" or "prophets" will tell us anything we can't already figure out ourselves.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I personally would want to hear about Islam from people who oppose it..people who promote it and neutrals..

That's good to know, i'm talking about people who listen only to people who are biased towards Islam. And take information from biased websites and so on.

Exactly...If this guy is threatened by what she said I ..wonder why,,.,

LOTS of people dog on Islam and Muslims..

Here is what I know.."not much' about the religion but some of the sweetest people.. and some of the worst come out of that religion..

I judge not....(groups)..individual to individual..

This guy is not threatened by her opinion, but i'm sure you can understand that i would hate watching someone lying about my religion, and this thread is called "Female Arab talks sense", and then there were clear approvals from the posters. Despite, her lack of any serious argument aside from the trash talk.

O.K///

This women is "giving her opinion"..

She is "passionate" about it..

She is "anti war anti vilolence".

She is anti women in "oppression"//

WHOAH!!! We should IGNORE HER!!! LOL!!!

I never said you should ignore her, i'm taking about after listening to what she said, and still people here took her seriously. She practically said that all muslims are brain washed and suffer from psychological problems, and like i said flat out lied in claiming we kill or taught to kill any non-muslim, and then trashed a muslim scholar, to get back at him (apparently he trashed her too), and then trashed our prophet, so i think that's enough reasons to show her opinion for what it is.

Last edited:

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Like i said i'm not talking about listening to her from the start, i mean after you listened.