• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fellow Jews unite

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
I just took a DNA test. I'm part Ashkenazi Jew. Any other fellow Semites out there, maybe that found out by surprise later in life?

Last edited:

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
In my first act as a member of the Jewish people I propose that we rename Israel to Judah to more accurately reflect the people which inhabit her.

Last edited:

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Israel isn't just Judah.

Btw, what else did the test result say, if you don't mind me asking?
I might order one of those tests.

98 Percent European pretty evenly distributed throughout the different regions in the continent. Matched up pretty well with my family history. FWIW, there was just a trace amount of Jewish blood in me but that's more than I was aware of

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
In my first act as a member of the Jewish people I propose ...
You have no idea how insulting and pretentious this is - and that is only part of the problem. Trust me on this: your DNA makes you neither a "fellow Jew" nor "a part of the Jewish people."

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
Were you making up the part about being part Jewish? If not, what % are you?

Last edited:

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
..... I actually am part Jewish, up to 5 percent.

Presumably you are then between 1/16th and 1/32nd Jewish. It would mean there would have been one Jewish parent, four or five generations ago. What did they say the other 95% is ? Can they tell if the parent was male or female ? Also, what did they tell you is the possible error in the measurement? Why did you take this test ?

Last edited:

Sultan Of Swing

I just took a DNA test. I'm part Ashkenazi Jew. Any other fellow Semites out there, maybe that found out by surprise later in life?

Wow I didn't know you could just go get a test like that and find out that stuff. That's pretty cool, I'd like to do that sometime. I wonder how accurate it actually is though.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Presumably you are then between 1/16th and 1/32nd Jewish. It would mean there would have been one Jewish parent, four or five generations ago. What did they say the other 95% is ? Can they tell if the parent was male or female ? Also, what did they tell you is the possible error in the measurement? Why did you take this test ?

Yes there could be errors especially when there is only a trace amount and the technology is still developing. The one I took didn't differentiate between paternal and maternal dna though I have heard of tests that do. It said I'm 98 percent European divided pretty evenly between the different regions. It matched up pretty well with our family history. I took it just for fun