• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feeling the Third Eye

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I have the experience of the mind being more spacious, calmer, clearer...well, on a good day. ;)
Ah, you got my thought I just had. I was putting on my shoes and thinking about you, "Surely he has experienced some kind of inner clarity due to expansions of consciousness in his meditations."

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Ah, you got my thought I just had. I was putting on my shoes and thinking about you, "Surely he has experienced some kind of inner clarity due to expansions of consciousness in his meditations."

I would certainly hope so. ;)

An interesting thread, I'd heard about the third eye but didn't know what it represented.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I would certainly hope so. ;)

An interesting thread, I'd heard about the third eye but didn't know what it represented.
I do sympathize. I don't generally use the term as it is more a fringe benefit from snatching the jewel from the centre of the lotus bloom. :)

2000px-Om_Mani_Padme_Hum_mantra.svg.png

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
If someone would have told me the minds eye is like the imagination it would have saved me senseless hours of mind numbing meditation sessions in my teens.

Just close your eyes, you are in the dimension of your mind now, whether it becomes more sentient in there is up to you.

I built a Satanic keep in my personal realm, a private realm I can go to when I want to get away.

Lay your first brick.

Thank you Thoth.​

Kalibhakta

Jai Maha Kali Ma!
For me, it is like everything becomes more vivid. Just like how color tv made black and white tv hollow, and HD tv makes normal color tv hollow, when my third eye is open, everything becomes more vivid. Life becomes a dream, but it is more clear then normal, not more foggy. Hyper clarity

Whiterain

For me, it is like everything becomes more vivid. Just like how color tv made black and white tv hollow, and HD tv makes normal color tv hollow, when my third eye is open, everything becomes more vivid. Life becomes a dream, but it is more clear then normal, not more foggy. Hyper clarity

My medication gives me hyper clarity, try Geodon.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Chanting and chanting. There is no worth is these things unless you want bipolar and schizo later in life... Stop occults and spirit playing.
Vos, I am a strong atheist of long standing (about 30 years now) and a Hindu.I do not engage in occult or (as you said) spirit playing. Actually, apart from God/Gods/Goddesses, I also do not believe in soul, judgment, deliverance, heaven, hell, or even creation, birth and death. And you are telling me.

Meditation is a bio-feedback mechanism and is useful for removing 'noise' in our thinking. It focuses the mind very sharply on the question at hand (otherwise there will not be any need for meditation). Among the many methods of achieving this concentration is chanting. Any thing could be chanted, even a rock song (though I did not use that). I chanted in a very special way and it suited me perfectly. I do not engage in meditation now because I have found answers to all questions that I had in mind. Moreover, now I have found the key to concentration and it comes naturally to me (within seconds). Otherwise also I never needed to meditate for more than 10 minutes or so.

So please be informed that there are various kinds of people, who engage in meditation for various things, in various ways. Some want to achieve oneness with God, some want to achieve various powers that meditation is supposed to give, and some do it only to 'quieten their mind' to concentrate on a particular question. Best regards.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Playing with chakras get you no where except one foot into the spiritual world. You want one foot there????

Oh, it's so adorable that you don't think I've already dived into the pool...

(never mind that I don't regard the "spirit world" and "mundane world" as two separate things in the first place)

Whiterain

Well that was hilarious.

I believe the third eye, the minds eye, is the mind. However, some peoples are more tuned or intense than others.

Like my own, it would cripple a man.