• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feel Good Today

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
579986_3942653206801_1294098350_3675971_112465488_n.jpg

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Some thoughts on Forgiveness today:

Of the Seven Deadly Sins, anger is possibly the most fun. To lick your wounds, to smack your lips over grievances long past, to roll over your tongue the prospect of bitter confrontations still to come, to savor to the last toothsome morsel both the pain you are given and the pain you are giving back — in many ways it is a feast fit for a king. The chief drawback is that what you are wolfing down is yourself. The skeleton at the feast is you. Frederick Buechner

Just as forgiving a debt is letting go of what was owed, it is the same in forgiving an injustice. We are letting go of what we expect to get.

Forgiveness does not mean to turn the other cheek, nor does it mean to condone what was done.

Forgiveness is an act of will and is an art. It sets limits on our self-destructive negative thoughts, increases rational clarity, and wipes away the effect of the past.

Forgiveness is the process of taking our power and control back from the other person.

The above tidbits come from this great website: What forgiveness is – The Forgiveness Foundation

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Today I feel good because of my treadmill. In fact, I'm in love with my treadmill :hearts:, if you can be in love with a pile of inanimate materials configured in such a way that it even lets you stand on it and pour out copious amounts of body sweat! LOL!

What a rush I feel when I'm done. I am very happy today because instead of my goal to jog 20 minutes straight, I went an extra 5!!!:takeabow:

I am on the way to incorporating a new habit in my life. For the last month, I have spent 30 minutes on my treadmill every day. I intend to spend 30 minutes on my treadmill or some constant cardio (like walking outside with my dog) every day from now on.

It is helping me lose weight and become healthy and strong. And when I feel like that, I look like this:

il_fullxfull.288404714.jpg

:yes:;)

Now get out there and do some body movement and feel good!!!

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
dabc2f4cb44f34f4b5b8ce3863c2593a-1.jpeg

Lavender can calm your nerves, help insomnia, bruises, insect bites and is a disinfectant. It is useful for digestion, which makes it desirable in culinary products as well. Plus, I never tire of rubbing my hands on the leaves and then smelling the luscious scent on my fingers. It's another feel good moment.

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
“God descends to earth like fresh spring rain, and at every level his grace is received differently. For some it feels like love, for others like salvation. It feels like safety and warmth at one level, like coming home at another.” ~ ♥ Deepak Chopra

551062_243036545802977_617396746_n.jpg

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
It's hard to feel good today because I have received some disturbing news about this forum and I don't like it. A friend who was wise and open-minded has been banned by the powers that be because of multiple complaints. He was not told the nature of these complaints, just that they were multiple. I can't continue here because of the treatment my friend has recieved. In my opinion, it was completely uncalled for. Perhaps, when you're new and your posts irritate the oldies for no good reason other than irking their egos, it is easy to hit the button. So, in my mind, you need to be good and sweet until you get your posts up and then, presto! - wow, you must be OK because you've got the numbers baby! Nah, doesn't do anything for this gal.

It's too bad, I kinda liked the atmosphere here, but have felt there is the usual angry, adolescent smell despite a sprinkling of some really nice posters. When you want to speak your mind, i.e. your truth, and it disagrees with the militants here, you are ostracized like you have a bad case of the cooties. Yet those same militants get to run over anyone they want to. And I'm talking about mild teasing here. If you tease and you are new and appear to have support, you are quickly targeted for banning. How clever. I have seen what the supposed aggrieved do here and they are the mob. There is a big flaw in this place and perhaps it is so because it is so huge. I cannot find anywhere I can go to complain about the mods actions and maybe that is because the forum is set up that way and I agreed to the process when I signed up. Sigh. Oh well.... If a mod decides your bannable, your banned. Hey, that's the prerogative of the owners of this forum. I didn't realize that the supposed even-handed, fair moderators had all but vanished.

Time to move on, I enjoyed this place as I said for the music threads, the jokes, the chance to spread my brand of light and to meet a few nice people. I'll try and find another forum that is like this but different in one very important area: open-mindedness and tolerance.

Love and Light, xxxxoooo

522544_389755827728167_216503783_n.jpg

For RW.

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Good to be back! Sometimes I have to flit around for awhile before I find a really good nest. I have discovered I am a Christian Mystic and I love it!

Peace; love and light, everyone!

"Mysticism, according to its historical and psychological definitions, is the direct intuition or experience of God; and a mystic is a person who has, to a greater or less degree, such a direct experience -- one whose religion and life are centered, not merely on an accepted belief or practice, but on that which the person regards as first hand personal knowledge."

-Evelyn Underhill