• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feel Good Today

Erebus

Hi Shyanekh,

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you're relatively a lot younger than me. LOL! That song may very well be relaying a positive message but it was in a language this 50 year old couldn't understand. And I'm afraid my taste in music does not go where that band goes. There is a lot of banging of symbols though.;)

But a message is a message, eh? Letting go is a wonderful way to surrender and accept what is.

Haha yes I'm only 21 and I've always liked slightly unusual music :D

I'll post the chorus so you can see what the song is saying:

Life can be sneaky love can be rough
It doesn't matter
If you're poor or rich
Love can be tricky
Life can be tough
Sometimes life is a b****

Soon all that will be yesterday
Tomorrow a new day is born
Your worries and troubles of today
Will be dead... dead by dawn

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Burned Biscuits

When I was a kid, my mom liked to make breakfast food for dinner every now and
then. And I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after
a long, hard day at work. On that evening so long ago, my mom placed a plate of
eggs, sausage, and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad. I remember
waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his Biscuit,
smile at my mom and ask me how my day was at school.

I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember hearing my mom
apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits. And I'll never forget what he
said: "Honey, I love burned biscuits."

Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really
liked his biscuits burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your momma put
in a long hard day at work today and she's real tired. And besides... a burnt
biscuit never hurt anyone!"

You know, life is full of imperfect things... and imperfect people. I'm not the
best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like
everyone else. What I've learned over the years is that learning to accept each
others faults and choosing to celebrate each others differences, is one of the
most important keys to creating a healthy, growing, and lasting relationship.

So...please pass me a biscuit. And yes, the burned one will do just fine! And
please pass this along to someone who has enriched your life... I just did!

Life is too short to wake up with regrets... Love the people who treat you right
and forget about the ones who don't.

ENJOY LIFE NOW - IT HAS AN EXPIRATION DATE!

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Haha yes I'm only 21 and I've always liked slightly unusual music :D

I'll post the chorus so you can see what the song is saying:

Life can be sneaky love can be rough
It doesn't matter
If you're poor or rich
Love can be tricky
Life can be tough
Sometimes life is a b****

Soon all that will be yesterday
Tomorrow a new day is born
Your worries and troubles of today
Will be dead... dead by dawn

Thanks, Shyanekh. And my ears thank you, too.:);)

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
"For to be really happy and to avoid worry and mental overstrain we ought all to have hobbies, and they must all be real. Best of all, and easiest to take up, are sketching and painting. They came to my rescue at a most trying time. When I left the Admiralty at the end of May 1915, I still remained a member of the Cabinet and of the War Council. In this position I knew everything and could do nothing; I had vehement convictions and no power to give effect to them; I had enforced leisure at a moment when every fiber of my being was inflamed to action.

And then it was, one Sunday in the country, that the children's paint box came to my aid. My first experiments with their toy water colors led me to secure, next morning, a complete outfit for painting in oils. The next step was to begin. The palette gleamed with beads of color; fair and white rose the canvas; the empty brush hung poised, heavy with destiny, irresolute in the air. Very gingerly I mixed a little blue paint with a very small brush, and then with infinite precaution made a mark about as big as a small bean upon the affronted snow-white shield. At that moment a motorcar was heard on the drive and from it there stepped none other than the gifted wife of Sir John Lavery, the distinguished portrait painter. "Painting! But what are you hesitating about? Let me have a brush, a big one." Splash into the turpentine, wallop into the blue and white, frantic flourish on my palette, and then several large, fierce strokes of blue on the absolutely cowering canvas. The spell was broken. My sickly inhibitions rolled away. I seized the largest brush and fell upon my victim with berserk fury. I have never felt any awe of a canvas since."

-excerpted from "My Adventures with a Paint Brush", condensed from "Amid These Storms", by Winston S. Churchill

- from the book, "Getting the Most Out of Life: An Anthology from The Reader's Digest, 1946

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Author, humorist, PBS star and Fortune 500 trainer Loretta LaRoche lives in Plymouth, Mass.

How Letting Go Gives You More Control

I find it interesting that June Cleaver seems to have returned from the dead. So many young women are repeating a history that I've long left behind. They work; take care of their homes; and enroll their children in sports, accelerated learning classes, music lessons and God knows what else so that the little ones can graduate from kindergarten with high honors.

These moms drive their children to and from these numerous events in their big SUVs while complaining how tired they are (or they spend hours on the phone deciding whose turn it is to carpool). If that's not enough, add in going to the gym, trying to manage the home front and being sexy if they can manage to stay awake.

As a result, many of today's young women are suffering from anxiety and depression. Gee, I can't imagine why! I spent years believing that no one could do anything without my direction, and whatever needed to be taken care of would be done best by me. Age has not only tempered this mind set, but also for many of my female friends who've realized that no one's going to reminisce about how perfect they were. Much of life is like a movie or a play, and we become the characters with a story line we've memorized. It's often difficult to change the dialogue because the rest of the players are used to you giving them their cues.

It took me a long time to realize that I didn't want to be known for how perfect I was, because it was really an illusion. My goal now is to be remembered as a wild, zany, eccentric mother and grandmother.

No one is perfect, nor should they want to be. It's a goal that only leads to anxiety and makes the people around you wish you'd be abducted by aliens. Life is so much more fun when you loosen up and lighten up. The ultimate irony is that when you're flexible, you're actually more productive, and your friends and family will feel more relaxed and comfortable.
http://lorettalaroch...re-control.html

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
I read The Four Agreements by Don miguel ruiz a few years ago. Good gems in here:

The Four Agreements are:

1. Be Impeccable with your Word: Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others. Use the power of your Word in the direction of truth and love.
2. Don’t Take Anything Personally
Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
3. Don’t Make Assumptions
Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
4. Always Do Your Best
Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.

» Four Agreements and Wisdom for Spiritual Warriors based in Common Sense

Also, from the above site:

Understanding how to Integrate and Live the practices
Upon reading don Miguel’s wisdom many people have their eyes opened to a new possibility for living life. They get excited when they see the potential for happiness, love, and respect with themselves and their relationships. What they fail to see is the challenges and resistance the mind will have to living just one of the agreements. Don Miguel briefly mentions these challenges in his book, but people fixate on the four chapters with the agreements and seem to miss these other important points. This is often the set up for expectations that lead to disappointment and frustration.
Domestication
During our early life we began making agreements. Our parents rewarded us when we did what they wanted and they punished us when we didn’t. We also learned behaviors and habits in school, church, and from other adults and children on the playground. The tools of reward and punishment were often emotional and sometimes physical. The impact of other people’s opinions and reactions to us became a very strong force in the habits we created. In this process we created agreements in our mind of who we should be, what we shouldn’t be, who we were, and who we were not. Over time we learned to live our life based on the agreements in our own mind. We learned to live according to the agreements that came from the opinion of others. In this process of domestication it turns out that the choices we make and the life we live is more driven by the opinions we learned from others than one we would choose on our own.
Why Living the Four Agreements Is Such a Challenge
We have out of years of habit not paid attention to how we express our self. The responses that come out of our mouth are often automatic. They were learned from years of habit living by the agreements we learned. We do not consciously choose our words, or the emotion, tone, and attitude that we express.
Over years our mind has filled with beliefs that generate incessant thinking. In all that thinking we have many assumptions that we are not aware of. We even make the assumption that what we think is true. We imagine and assume what others think of us and how they will react. We also assume that the judgments and self criticisms we have are true. We have learned to make so many assumptions that we aren’t aware of. These assumptions are not the truth. These assumptions and the faith we express in them is just one way that we are not impeccable with our word.
Through our domestication we have also learned to take things personally. We assume that when someone has an opinion about us that their opinion is valid. Their opinion becomes our belief about our self. We end up having an emotional reaction to our own belief because we assumed their opinion it is true. We can also take personally our own opinions. We take personally our own self judgments. These self judgments are nothing more than an assumption. Over years the mind has developed many habits of making assumptions and taking them personally.
Just because you adopt the Four Agreements doesn’t mean that all these habits in the mind will stop with that commitment.
When you decide to change your life and adopt the Four Agreements you are challenging the beliefs you learned and the habits you practiced since your childhood domestication.
Adopting the Four Agreements creates a conflict in the mind between expressing your self Impeccably with love and your existing fear based beliefs.

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT LIFE

I LEARNED FROM THE EASTER BUNNY

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket

Walk softly and carry a big carrot

Everyone needs a friend who is all ears

There's no such thing as too much candy

All work and no play can make you a basket case

A cute little tail attracts a lot of attention

Everyone is entitled to a bad hare day

Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits

Some body parts should be floppy

Keep your paws off other people's jellybeans

Good things come in small sugar-coated packages

The grass is always greener in someone else's basket

An Easter bonnet can tame even the wildest hare

To show your true colors you have to come out of your shell

The best things in life are still sweet and gooey !!

HAVE A HAPPY EASTER

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
flowers-row-long.gif

More Beautiful Affirmations

flowers-row-long.gif

“If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves.”
Thomas Edison
“I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”
Michael Jordan – June 21, 1991 – After winning his first NBA Championship
“We succeed when we realize that failure is the preparation for victories.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through the experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
Hellen Keller
“Desire is the key to motivation, but it is the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.”
Mario Andretti – May 30, 1969 – Wins Indianapolis 500
“Without continual growth, learning and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.”
Benjamin Franklin
The Grace of God brings peace and comfort to my soul.
Agape International Spiritual Center of Truth
Creativity and clear thinking broadcasts through me from the mind of God.
Abundance of beauty and wholeness are already present in my life!

flowers-row-long.gif

A Beautiful Statement by Martha Graham
There is vitality, a Life force, energy, a quickening that is translated through me into action because there is only one of me in all time. This expression is unique and if you block it – it will never exist to any other medium. The world will not have it. It is not my business to determine how good it is, nor how valuable, nor how it compares with other expressions. It is my business to keep it mine clearly and directly and to keep the channel open.

And for a perfect start to the day, listen to Jessica :)

[youtube]qR3rK0kZFkg[/youtube]
YouTube - Jessica's "Daily Affirmation"

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Symbol for Happiness

I had just been reading an interesting article about a symbol for happiness by a life coach. She wrote we should carry a symbol with us that reminded us of a true happy moment and whenever we looked at it we should stop for a short while and think about what it represented.

Tom! Did you hear me?
My wife´s tone made me sigh, put the newspaper away and rise.
- Ok, ok, I´ll go.
I opened the front door and saw our next door neighbor, Mrs Fitzpatrick, sitting on her porch. She had a cast on her leg. I saw her watching the lawn and tapping her chin with her finger.
The lawn. That was what had made my wife to push me through the door.

- Just look at it! All those weeds! She can´t mow it herself. You go out now and do what a good neigbor should! And so I had come to mow her lawn on this beautiful Saturday morning.
- Ah, Tom! she waved at me and smiled broadly, - Good to see you! Here, come sit with me for a while.
I got to her porch and sat on a bench.
- Beautiful morning! she beamed at me.
- Err, yes, it sure is, I said. I hadn´t expected her to be this cheerful with a broken leg and all.
- Just looking at my lawn, she said.
- Oh yes, the lawn. Well I came here to...
- Isn´t it just beautiful! she interrupted me.
I shut my mouth. I looked around. Weeds, dandelions... Not at all the velvety green lawn like everyone else´s in the neighborhood.
- Beautiful...?
- Just look at those dandelions!
I did just that. Saw the lawn positively overtaken by them. They should be dug up with their roots and soon. I sure hoped my wife did not think I would do that too. Mowing the lawn would have to do for today.
- Now dandelion sure is a symbol for happiness! she smiled.
- I´m not sure I follow... I stammered, - A dandelion as a symbol for happiness?
- Look at that bright beautiful yellow color! If that isn´t a happy cheerful color, I don´t know what is! And it spreads just like happiness.
She laughed at my expression.
- I know, you think I´m batty. But just think about it! If you are really happy, you do good things that bring joy to the people around you. And once they get happy, they do the same. And so the happiness spreads. Just like a dandelion. It blooms, sharing its shiny sunny color with everyone and sends its seeds into the wind - and before you know it, you have a hundred copies of the sunny little flower around you.
- But it is a weed... I tried.
- A weed, that´s funny. I´ve been sitting here for a while now, watching everyone work on their garden. And I mean work. It doesn´t look very joyful - just working to make you lawn look short and thick and green. You know I never see any of the neighbors sit and just look at their beautiful lawn. They just work on it and don´t enjoy it.
Well she sure got that one right. I never heard anyone talk about their lawn unless it was to complain how much work it was.
- Everyone seems to be complaining about how stressfull life is, she said.
And then she said the thing I wrote down once I got home. I still write it on the first page of all my calendars when the new year begins, and glue a little picture of a dandelion next to it.
- What a bad day, they say. And I look at the dandelions and see a thousand little suns.

Get the Inspirational Short Stories Blog widget and many other great free widgets at Widgetbox!

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Parable of the Pencil

The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him into the box.
“There are 5 things you need to know,” he told the pencil, “Before I send you out into the world. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can be.”
“One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in Someone’s hand.”
“Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, but you’ll need it to become a better pencil.”
“Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.”
“Four: The most important part of you will always be what’s inside.”
“And Five: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your mark. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write.”
The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into the box with purpose in its heart.
Now replacing the place of the pencil with you. Always remember them and never forget, and you will become the best person you can be.
One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow yourself to be held in God’s hand. And allow other human beings to access you for the many gifts you possess.
Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time, by going through various problems in life, but you’ll need it to become a stronger person.
Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.
Four: The most important part of you will always be what’s on the inside.
And Five: On every surface you walk through, you must leave your mark. No matter what the situation, you must continue to do your duties.
Allow this parable on the pencil to encourage you to know that you are a special person and only you can fulfill the purpose to which you were born to accomplish.
Never allow yourself to get discouraged and think that your life is insignificant and cannot make a change.
Parable of the Pencil | Inspirational Stories, Quotes, and Poems

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Daily Reading

12May

Discover your power animal

Imagine you are walking through a forest or a jungle. You see or feel the presence of many animals around you. At some point you encounter an animal that has particular significance for you. Ask what its message is to you, and be open to receiving it. This animal may talk to you in words or telepathically, or it may indicate what it wants to say to you through its actions. Trust whatever intuitive feelings come to you, and relate to the animal accordingly. This animal represents a certain kind of power or wisdom. Let yourself receive its special gift to you. Know that this animal is now your special friend or ally, and you can call on it whenever you need its energy.

Home | Shakti Gawain

This woman, Shakti Gawain, wrote one of the most important books of my life. I think it should be in yours, too. "Creative Visualization" - awesome tool for a happy life!

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
This excerpt is about a New Year vision board, but the reason for doing a Vision Board can come from any day of the year:

Create a New Years Vision Board (as part of your New Years weekend) - Healthy Joyful Living - Healthy Joyful Living

An excerpt from the article:

Creating a Vision Board is a yearly event for our family. This year we are adding a few twists I want to share.
First, have a party or invite a few friends over and do it together. Tonight (New Years Eve) some dear friends are coming over in which each year we indulge in fresh cracked crab, salad with candied pecans, apples, and goat cheese, and hot baguettes with tapenade. Sitting on the floor in front of the fireplace we will spread out poster boards, color markers, magazines, and glue and create our vision boards for 2011. The party has just begun as we share, inspire, and laugh with a glass of champagne in our hands.
Start with your Intentions/Goals for what you want to accomplish this year and add 3 actions
At this time of year we often start with our desire to accomplish some feat, striving to exercise more, lose weight, or complete a project. Terrific, place these on your vision board, but go the extra mile and include 3 ways in which you will take action to make them come true. For example, instead of just writing, lose 10 pounds, draw a glass of water and put into your intention that you will drink a large glass of water at each meal. Make your goals manageable and achievable by focusing on the actions you are willing to take continually.
Add images that make you feel happy
The newest twist on the vision board based on the latest in neuroscience research is to add images that represent states of how you want to feel throughout the year (i.e. happy, healthy, joyous, balanced). The key is to choose images that make you feel expanded, open, uplifted and down right happy. By focusing on how you want to feel you are not just measuring your life by how much you have accomplished, saved, made, or built, but how your life experiences have expanded your ability to feel happy, healthy, and joyous. You might be surprised to find that simple everyday activities provide you with the good feelings needed to attract whatever else you want in your life.
Set your Intentions and imagine how you want to feel all year
As you draw, write, or paste on images, it is important to focus on the things as if they exist. Paste images of you with family and friends, out in nature, or being physically fit. Use colors that make you feel joyful or scenes that bring you a sense of calm and peace or exhilarated and full of smiles.

Have fun!

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
I also love quotes. And will be inundating this thread with them as often as I can.

"Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence." - Helen Keller