• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feel Good Today

elmarna

A smile lights up a room.
It never calls upon gloom.
It softens the face.
Lovely and welcome like a warm embrace!

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Resting in Stillness Is Meditation

When you rest in stillness, you notice the momentum of your habits and urges, but you don’t act on them. You actually experience the moment – the feel of the wind on your skin, subtle sounds you never noticed before. You can tell what your body wants and needs. You are here, alive, receptive.
It’s both ordinary and extraordinary at the same time.
The exploration of stillness is commonly called meditation. All it takes is a few minutes, and you will begin to see the benefits and potential. If you are interested, simply sit down, close your eyes, and be. Don’t try to stop your thoughts or change anything. Just be the awareness that everything arises in.
Even to suggest that you notice is too strong. Expend no effort at all. Simply be aware, which you are already anyway, and let things unfold. Thoughts and physical sensations appear, feelings arise…just allow everything without getting in the way.
That’s all there is to it. Do this period of non-doing for a few minutes or longer. Do it even when what appears is painful or challenging. Relaxing into stillness is so loving because you are letting go of the need to fight or control your experience. And if you feel the urge to fight or control, simply let that be also.
See how it works? There is always a path to peace. Allow everything, effortlessly, and resistance ends.

Silence, Stillness, and the Art of Being | A Flourishing Life

Peace Out.

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
It's Saturday and I had a shopping day planned with my GF down from the city for the weekend and I wake up with a nasty sore throat and runny, sneezy nose. Darn it! Oh well, I might try and shore up on medicine and venture forth (not fair to the people I meet though) or I might just stay on the couch and listen to beautiful music like this:

[youtube]oyMxcKLvR_Q[/youtube]
Clean & Clear - Dan Gibson's Sollitudes.mp4 - YouTube#!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
180636635024011746_Lg0J16kA_c.jpg

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
And Joy is Everywhere;
It is in the Earth's green covering of grass;
In the blue serenity of the Sky;
In the reckless exuberance of Spring;
In the severe abstinence of gray Winter;
In the Living flesh that animates our bodily frame;
In the perfect poise of the Human figure, noble and upright;
In Living;
In the exercise of all our powers;
In the acquisition of Knowledge;
in fighting evils...
Joy is there Everywhere.
"Joy," by Rabindranath TagoreIndian Poet
47992-doubling-of-our-joy.jpg

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Today is a day for music for me. I had a not so great day yesterday. It happens to all of us. Too much thinking going around and around in my skull. The true trick is to take the bad days with the good and keep on movin' on, people. Wishing all dear readers a Happy Day.:yes: And if it ain't that happy, I pray for the happy one that is coming for you just around the corner.

[youtube]LYMNqQa5Eto[/youtube]
Ramsey Lewis Oh Happy Day - YouTube

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Some positive thinking exercises I found during my daily google:

1) Practice Positive Affirmations. Make them congruent with your beliefs and place them where you can see them every day.
2) Visualize and daydream about what you would love to create in your life.
3) Ask yourself if your current thoughts are useful or just upsetting to you in the moment.
4) Keep a good joke book around to read when you need a little uplift.
5) Focus on the current task to let go of your worries. We can only take the next best step.
6) Stop ‘shoulding’ on yourself. Keep this phrase tacked to your refrigerator; “Thou should not should thyself.”
7) Make a list of things you are grateful for.
8) Allow yourself five minutes to re-center whenever you need to. Keep the attitude, ‘I always have five minutes.’
9) Recognize your emotions as tools that help you discern your experience. If you are feeling bad, recognize the emotion and what has aroused it. Know you are not your negative emotions. Use them as signals that something needs to be changed.
10) Think up ways to give yourself new experiences each day. This can be as simple as driving a different way to work or shopping in the opposite direction in the grocery store.

10 Tips for Positive Thinking | The Whole Soul Journey

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
The Key to Feeling Good Every Day

The key to feeling good every day is actually very simple: make the decision every day that nothing is more important than feeling good; therefore, you will look for thoughts that feel better every day.

This also means that all of your decisions for each day are made with only one intention and criteria in mind: Does it feel good?

One of the best ways that I have found for doing this is by starting every day by setting your intention to feel good. I find it helpful to say something like “Today I want to feel good. Today nothing is more important than feeling good. Therefore, I will look for reasons to feel good today.”

Then, you are off to begin your day…

http://zenchillcom.blogspot.ca/2007/09/how-to-feel-good-every-day.html

The author goes on about how to achieve feeling good besides silent affirmations. Start doing things that feel good and stop doing things that feel bad!

The author goes on about how to achieve feeling good besides silent affirmations. Start doing things that feel good and stop doing things that feel bad!

Excellent advice! The part where it's suggested spending more time watching programs, etc. that feel good reminds me of my own resolve to avoid watching the news (or reading newspapers). That alone goes a long way in cultivating peace of mind!

Foxfire

It's all about the Light
Excellent advice! The part where it's suggested spending more time watching programs, etc. that feel good reminds me of my own resolve to avoid watching the news (or reading newspapers). That alone goes a long way in cultivating peace of mind!

I know what you mean. I have been in contact with toxic people and places and learned finally to leave these things in the dust! Not for me, not for me.

If we choose to wake up with a smile instead of a frown we have done one very small thing that can bring huge rewards. And it's not easy and I realize everyone is different and in different situations. One little step at a time. And if we can also learn to be with whatever we are feeling, let it sit while we breathe through our discomfort, I find that the bad feeling or thought vaporises. And what is left, is another moment of just being in the moment. And so on and so on. After doing that for awhile and making it a habit, I believe the moments naturally tend to a place of bliss and harmony and peace. I believe that is our natural homeostatic state. We simply need to use it as our touchstone and consciously try to return to it during our path here on earth.

I found this picture today on FB and my jaw dropped open. Enjoy!

542103_338439482896173_145479798858810_64339085_1662527126_n.jpg

I know what you mean. I have been in contact with toxic people and places and learned finally to leave these things in the dust! Not for me, not for me.

If we choose to wake up with a smile instead of a frown we have done one very small thing that can bring huge rewards. And it's not easy and I realize everyone is different and in different situations. One little step at a time. And if we can also learn to be with whatever we are feeling, let it sit while we breathe through our discomfort, I find that the bad feeling or thought vaporises. And what is left, is another moment of just being in the moment. And so on and so on. After doing that for awhile and making it a habit, I believe the moments naturally tend to a place of bliss and harmony and peace. I believe that is our natural homeostatic state. We simply need to use it as our touchstone and consciously try to return to it during our path here on earth.

I found this picture today on FB and my jaw dropped open. Enjoy!

542103_338439482896173_145479798858810_64339085_1662527126_n.jpg
Amen!! And this picture is gorgeous -- the intensity of the color is a shot of energy!