• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Feathers in Hair- Super Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

No*s

Captain Obvious
FeathersinHair said:
I don't think anyone can not like Eine and Ed! They're very cool, and Eine tends to usually be the smartest one on the ship. :D (I've tried changing my name to Radical Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tirvrusky the VIth, but no one seems interested in calling me by it, sadly.) I think my favorites are Spike and Jet Black. I really like their friendship. (And I'm a firm believer that, after the last episode, Spike got up and walked it off. *sticks fingers in ears to maturely defend any argument against this.*)

*pulls fingers out*You see, Spike...and really died.

We may have different favorites for the show, but I think we can both agree: it's one of the best anime series :p

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Okay, finally getting up the 'courage' to answer some of the nicest remarks I've ever read!

fromthe heart said:
Have you always had such a cute attitude in your life or did something sway you to always be so sweet and kind to those around you? You are one of the nicest people I have never met! Glad to call you friend.:hug:
:eek: As I am glad to call you the same! *hugs*

For as long as I can remember, I've thought of the world as an incredible place. The people and their cultures, the animals, the plants, science- even with all the horrible things that happen, I can't see this world without looking at it in wonder. Unfortunately, up until a few years ago, I didn't really have the same respect for myself as I did for everything else. I think that, in finally getting around to realizing I was doing myself an injustice, that that was when my feelings about how one should treat the world went soul deep. It was like the difference between holding up a mirror to show others how wonderful they are as opposed to being that mirror. Being kind to others is all the more worthwhile if you're kind to yourself. :hug:

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
dawny0826 said:
Feathers, you are by far the sweetest soul I think I've ever encountered. Your positivity is contagious.
Whew! If I'm going to be contagious, I'm glad it's about a good thing! (Seriously, though, you're making me blush!)
(I posted this on another thread) I was born in '79 also.
I saw that, I think it was in Victor's thread. That makes at least three or four of us here on RF!
Did you graduate in 1997?
I fear not. I was a '98 graduate. I repeated either second or third grade, due to having missed so much school in that semester. (Chronic ear infections. Ugh!)
What were your favorite subjects in high school?
English, Multi-Cultural Lit., Creative Writing, and some others. I've got a learning disorder, whose name I always forget, but it manifests itself mostly in learning mathematics as it is traditionally taught. (Being so frightened of that field is the main thing that's holding me back from completing my AA.) At community college and in my massage therapy courses, my favorite courses have been creative writing, speech, anatomy and physiology and studying group dynamics.

Where do you see yourself ten years from now?
I really hope to have established a massage therapy practice (hopefully, a successful one) and perhaps to pursue this 'goddess workshop' thing that has crossed my path. In my dearest dreams, I hope to own some land and maybe have my own home, but I don't know how realistic that is, unless I fulfill my other goal of becoming a published writer, hehee. I don't think it's very likely that I'll be married by then, but the idea is appealing. :)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
robtex said:
I can see you as a panetheist.
I've got to credit Jay with mentioning it so that I could learn of and then pursue research on the subject. I doubt if I'd have been aware of it, otherwise.
What do you like on your pizza?
Mmmmm! Extra cheese, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, extra cheese... I've heard of ricotta cheese being put on, and think that would be incredibly delicious! (Every once in a while, I like sausage and beef, too.)

What are a few of your favorite musical artists?
Paul Simon (and Garfunkel!), the Barenaked Ladies, David Gray... And a number of others that I will hopefully remember when my brain starts working again.

Where do you like to go locall to experience nature and what is it like there?
Usually, to my backyard. There's a windbreak there (a line of trees (or, in this case, two lines) that keeps farmhouses sheltered from the wind), and I have an altar there that I've been working on for a couple months. One town over, there's a park surrounding an old quarry, and I enjoy walking the trails around it. Also, about five minutes from my house, there's a large park that has a lot of trails and access to a river that one can wade in and can swim in if they're my height and don't mind questionable water content. I don't usually go there, since it kind of has a 'not very secure' feeling around it, but I love it when I do visit! In all of these places, there's an abundance of wildlife. I love to be able to sit down and watch as things happen around me, and get the 'locals' used to me. (On one of these instances, though, a deer decided it felt comfortable enough with me to try to eat my Baby Ruth while I was snacking on it, so now I try not to catch the eye of anything that might want my food while I'm eating! :D ) In the latter two places, there's also a body of water nearby, which I find very soothing.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
michel said:
You remind me a bit of me; so many things I want to do, but will never get round to. What sort of books do you want to write ?:hug:
But maybe you'll get around to it, and you just don't know about it yet!

There's so many types of books that I want to write, so many that I don't know where to start. A number of characters from a fantasy-type realm have been bugging me to be written about for awhile now, so I may start there. I would also like to write about spirituality, though I don't know if that would be interesting or not, and the same thing would apply to trying to describe my life thus far, hehee. :)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
hey meggie! nice to be able to sit down and read about you :hug:

my questions is based around your form of paganism :eek:

what sort of relationship do you feel you have with your deities?

have you invoked any deities? if so, which ones? what did it feel like to you?

have you any experience with astral projection?

do you use any forms of divination?

do you follow the moral codes associated with wicca? if not, what moral codes do you follow? (if any :devil: )

thats all i can think of for now ;)

blessed be!

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
No*s said:
*pulls fingers out*You see, Spike...and really died.

We may have different favorites for the show, but I think we can both agree: it's one of the best anime series :p

Oh, dear! This is gonna be like my sister and a character from "FMA", isn't it? I called my sister after I saw a particular episode and informed her answering machine that, if the person wasn't really dead, to simply not call me back, or she also had the option of calling me back and saying "They're really dead", which I would know was code for "They're not really dead". :D

No*s

Captain Obvious
FeathersinHair said:
Oh, dear! This is gonna be like my sister and a character from "FMA", isn't it? I called my sister after I saw a particular episode and informed her answering machine that, if the person wasn't really dead, to simply not call me back, or she also had the option of calling me back and saying "They're really dead", which I would know was code for "They're not really dead". :D

That's hilarious :biglaugh:.

Do you do what my Mother does when a character you like dies? I bought my Mother the LOTR, and she threw the book when Gandalf died. When I informed her he is resurrected, she didn't believe me (she asserts that she couldn't trust me after all the deceptions I pulled, like the path to ressurrect Aeris I gave her :p). I barely managed to get her to watch the movies...but she still won't reread the book.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Mike182 said:
what sort of relationship do you feel you have with your deities?

I have what I think is quite a good one. I am their priestess, and their friend. The respect goes both ways, and I love them like sisters. (And brothers, too, though they're more rare.)
have you invoked any deities? if so, which ones? what did it feel like to you?

Yup! Primarily, I invoke Artemis, because her blend of strength and wild power is sometimes the courage I need when I'm facing things like job interviews and driving. (When I sometimes get nervous.)

have you any experience with astral projection?

Yup! (I don't find it easy to do yet, but am still working on it.)
do you use any forms of divination?

Primarily a pendulum. (Though that's not so much divination as figuring out what I'm really thinking.) I am finally starting to understand the tarot, after years of study. (I really think there was a block there.) Runes are good, too, and I'm working on building a scrying glass. So far, the one that works best for me is to simply put in earplugs and to blindfold myself.
do you follow the moral codes associated with wicca? if not, what moral codes do you follow? (if any :devil: )

I don't really follow any moral codes (Wait, there's an ending to this sentance! Don't run off screaming!), except the ones that I set for myself. The Threefold Law is an excellent reminder, but I can't think of any situation where I'd attempt to use negative magic. While I admire moral codes, to me, it's much more powerful if the code comes from within. For example, in the Discworld book "Feet of Clay", one of the difference between being owned and being free to the golems is that the word in their head become the words in their heart, and that those words change from "Thou shalt not..." to "I will not..." It's almost impossible to not follow words that are phrased that way, especially if they're written in your heart. If there's a phrase that sums up what I strive for, both in my spiritual and other aspects of life, it's one that's associated with the goddess Kwan Yin- "Until every living thing is holy".

(Sorry for the delay in answering!)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
*kicks self in head that she didn't see this until just now, the looks down at her foot, puzzled that she was able to do that*

To be a writer, I think. Or a healer, in some capacity. (Thank you for the question! I'm sorry it took so long!)

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
You seem to be very kind. I hope to get to know you better. I also love animals I have a boxer he's my heart.

Awww, thanks! :) (But you haven't yet seen my wicked side! I hit other members with a tuna, sometimes! Really!)

Boxers seem to be a wonderful breed! I've heard that they get along wonderfully with children. What is your favorite trait in your dog? (I'll understand if you have many!)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Meggie, have you traveled outside of the USA? if so, where? where would you like to visit?

i can remember a thread ages ago where you commented that you would like to visit stone henge and some of the other ancient circle sites in England, sadly i have only visited a few but hopefully i will be going to see a few more over the coming years.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
so Feathers, just where are you hiding my signature? the young knight i enlisted into questing for it has not had much luck so far...

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Meggie, have you traveled outside of the USA? if so, where? where would you like to visit?

i can remember a thread ages ago where you commented that you would like to visit stone henge and some of the other ancient circle sites in England, sadly i have only visited a few but hopefully i will be going to see a few more over the coming years.

Sorry this is so late, Mike!

I've travelled to Canada four or five times- when I was living in Michigan, it was only about a two hour drive, but it always felt special- and to France when I was about eleven. I really hope to be able to see England, especially whatever part you're in at the time. (The 'long Meg' monoliths are what I especially hope I get to visit.) I would also like to visit Japan, especially some of the temples there.
so Feathers, just where are you hiding my signature? the young knight i enlisted into questing for it has not had much luck so far...

I'm afraid that information is confidential. Well... More truthfully, I've held it for ransom frubals, and now that I've gotten them, I'm not sure how to return it without giving away my secret signature-hiding spot.

s2a

Heretic and part-time (skinny) Santa impersonator
Feathers...

You make me wish for regained youth, and a more appealing visage/physique.

Perhaps I might console myself in the thought that you might be a loving daughter instead, and I the proud Poppa of a fine and most gentle gal...of which no younger suitor would seem worthy or deserving of your innocent manners/affections.

OK.

Time for me to reclaim my old "dickish" persona now...

...don't you ever make me get all mushy and misty again...

I mean it.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Ack! I'm tearing up, so it's hard to type! :eek:

Just know that I would pick you as my 'poppa' any day. I adore you and your posting style, as well as your attitude toward life. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.