• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI Says Covid-19 Most Likely A Leak From Lab

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
If this is a pandemic, I'll have one - oh, I already have had one - AND the shots - AND COVID.

The world destroyed the world economy for a disease that has killed less than one percent of the population. Congrats, World.

Great, unless you were part of the 1%.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I hear you but I'm just not so sure it applies. I'm not an absolutist. I'm all for public safety and believe in vaccines.
You say, but your actions and beliefs scream you don't actually care for public safety or vaccines. If you did care you'd not be dismissing sound, peer reviewed science from a world of data.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
You say, but your actions and beliefs scream you don't actually care for public safety or vaccines. If you did care you'd not be dismissing sound, peer reviewed science from a world of data.
I disagree with your opinion

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Great, unless you were part of the 1%.
Yes and I wasn't (and neither were you). 89 percent of the people who died were elderly and also had pre existing conditions - and it was UNDER 1 percent of the world's population by the way.

Last edited:

Kathryn

Perhaps the number of deaths are lower than what you think they should've been is precisely because of the preventative measures taken. On that note:

Also: Herman Cain Award - Wikipedia
I guess we'll never know, especially since there are so many mutations and so many of the fixes have been proven to be ineffective anyway.

Kathryn

Not at all. I'm stunned that so are utterly tone deaf and unconcerned about the non-fatal suffering and illness that covid brings. It's like they don't give a damn at all because it didn't kill.
It's called "FIND A BALANCE." I don't think we ever have.

Kathryn

Over ONE MILLION people died from in, just in the US alone. Almost SEVEN MILLION people died across the globe from it.
It's bizarre to me that people think this is nothing to sneeze at. Just another day!:fearful:
First of all - the population of the US is over 356 million. The world population is over 7.888 BILLION (not million - billion). Around 579,920,390 people die EVERY SINGLE YEAR. That's nearly 580 MILLION deaths per year. Heart disease and cancer, in the US alone, account for many more deaths than COVID played any part in. In fact, worldwide, heart disease is the number one cause of death.

It's not "just another day," but I'm putting things in some perspective.

Kathryn

Send flowers to the economy for being hurt, and weep for its recovery. But who gives a rat's *** for all the dead. Didn't you go to Sunday school and learn to "love thy neighbor"?
"All the dead" Sorry but see above post.

Kathryn

All I read is: (my) money.
Hey, I've had the shots, COVID, you name it. I wore masks for so long that I still have breakouts in my chin area (new issue, for the record). I stayed home for months. I believe in the efficacy of vaccines and get a "flu shot" every single year. If I have to add another one to the mix, I will but can I please please please not have a headache for FOUR DAYS afterward? It impacts my life negatively so let's work on that. Oh and after the shots, I got COVID anyway so I guess I'm protected that way too - or maybe not, who knows.

My point is that there's a whole lot we don't know about this illness, so let's keep working on finding the answers. It's not a political thing, or shouldn't be.

Last edited:

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
First of all - the population of the US is over 356 million. The world population is over 7.888 BILLION (not million - billion). Around 579,920,390 people die EVERY SINGLE YEAR. That's nearly 580 MILLION deaths per year. Heart disease and cancer, in the US alone, account for many more deaths than COVID played any part in. In fact, worldwide, heart disease is the number one cause of death.

It's not "just another day," but I'm putting things in some perspective.

COVID was the third leading cause of death in the US in both 2020 and 2021. Just after heart disease and cancer. One million people died in a fairly short time period.

But yeah, let's keep pretending like it was "just another day." I'll never understand such a nonchalant attitude toward human life in favour of economies and money.

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
So who cares, right. Just a bunch of old people died. :oops:
And disabled folk because **** the disabled! Not like they dont make up a 4th of the US population or anything. Granted I don't know how many disabled folk have disorders that would make covid worse but that's how many disabled folk are in the US a fourth.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's called "FIND A BALANCE." I don't think we ever have.
What balance? The destruction would have been far worse had less been done. And what balance is there with something known for having the potential to be highly damaging to the body even when it's not fatal?
How do you balance millions of death, especially when one country (United States) has a very highly disproportionate rate of the global cases amd deaths?

Kathryn

COVID was the third leading cause of death in the US in both 2020 and 2021. Just after heart disease and cancer. One million people died in a fairly short time period.

But yeah, let's keep pretending like it was "just another day." I'll never understand such a nonchalant attitude toward human life in favour of economies and money.
No, not "just" after heart disease which killed 695,547 in 2022 or cancer, which killed 605,213 people in 2022, in the US. COVID was about 200,000 (or more) fewer people. 416,893 just to clarify, according to the CDC.

You don't have to "understand" any other perspectives. That's all I'm saying - PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE. A less than 1 percent death rate, nearly all (89 percent - 89 PERCENT) people who were elderly and/or had preexisting conditions. That's the worldwide pandemic. Meanwhile, I think we're all continuing to suffer long term consequences in one way or the other and will for years, maybe for the rest of our lives.

Oh, and I had elderly parents too. Every moment with them was precious. Thankfully they died in 2016 and 2019 so they didn't have to deal with COVID. I'm not making light of the fact that the US saw a .1 -not one percent but POINT ONE percent - uptick in deaths. I'm just saying that numbers are our friends. Let's use some perspective, since so many of us are going to be feeling the effects of this for many years to come.

Last edited:

Kathryn

Perhaps because of the measures taken.
Perhaps and perhaps not. Here's what I know about viruses. They mutate. It does them no good to kill their host. They generally become more contagious and less deadly.

Maybe you're right and maybe you're not - guess we'll never know. But you do you and I'll do me. Me is, by the way, vaccinated and I've also had COVID, so there's all that. Oh and I wore masks for well over a year and rarely went anywhere for MONTHS. My hair...but I digress.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
Perhaps and perhaps not. Here's what I know about viruses. They mutate. It does them no good to kill their host. They generally become more contagious and less deadly.

Maybe you're right and maybe you're not - guess we'll never know. But you do you and I'll do me. Me is, by the way, vaccinated and I've also had COVID, so there's all that. Oh and I wore masks for well over a year and rarely went anywhere for MONTHS. My hair...but I digress.

But we do know. There's a lot of data.

Kathryn

But we do know. There's a lot of data.
I see a lot of conflicting data. But like I said, you do you and I'll do me. I feel like I've been pretty responsible during the pandemic. I can't control what other people choose to do.