• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FBI Says Covid-19 Most Likely A Leak From Lab

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Except a whole lot of people died because of it...
If this is a pandemic, I'll have one - oh, I already have had one - AND the shots - AND COVID.

The world destroyed the world economy for a disease that has killed less than one percent of the population. Congrats, World.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If this is a pandemic, I'll have one - oh, I already have had one - AND the shots - AND COVID.

The world destroyed the world economy for a disease that has killed less than one percent of the population.
For perhaps the billionth time I've said this death is not the only thing covid can do. Myself, I have a frozen shoulder because I was so drained of energy for so long I got weak enough that it didn't take much to injure myself.
My best friend, her 9-year-old son now has afib due to covid related mis-c. But go ahead, tell her it's just not killing that many.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

The world destroyed the world economy for a disease that has killed less than one percent of the population. Congrats, World.

Hyperbole much? The world economy definitely hasn't been destroyed.

How do you suggest the governments should have handled it? Just let more and more people die because money is more important than human life?

F1fan

Veteran Member

How many would have to die before you felt it was a moral concern?

The global economy was disrupted which was inevitable if governments did nothing to curb the spread. If more people got sick and more died (many more because there would be an even more severe lack of hospital beds) then economies would have been obliterated anyway. The smart people would have avoided entertainment and restaurants, and those who went out carelessly would have paid such a huge price that the survivors would have suffered enough and not want to risk getting sick again. Still, economies rebounded very well, and the overall economy has been stable and even growing.

Kathryn

Hyperbole much? The world economy definitely hasn't been destroyed.

How do you suggest the governments should have handled it? Just let more and more people die because money is more important than human life?
The world economy has suffered greatly and is still suffering. I don't know where you live or how but it's hard for me to believe you can't see it. I don't have answers by the way, not for entire governments or the entire world. I only have answers for myself.

Last edited:

Kathryn

For perhaps the billionth time I've said this death is not the only thing covid can do. Myself, I have a frozen shoulder because I was so drained of energy for so long I got weak enough that it didn't take much to injure myself.
My best friend, her 9-year-old son now has afib due to covid related mis-c. But go ahead, tell her it's just not killing that many.
I swear I honestly believe that a certain segment of the population is actually disappointed that the death toll from our pandemic isn't higher.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
The world economy has suffered greatly and is still suffering. I don't know where you live or how but it's hard for me to believe you can't see it. I don't have answers by the way, not for entire governments or the entire world. I only have answers for myself.

Obviously I can see the impact in the economy, however to call it 'destroyed' is an hyperbole. When the USA becomes the next Argentina, with an inflation at 100% an year, we can start talking.

I know that when you say that the economy is suffering you are using a figure of speech, but I find this choice of words interesting. Because you chose to turn the spotlight on the "suffering" of the economy, rather than human suffering. Is money more important than human life?

Kathryn

Obviously I can see the impact in the economy, however to call it 'destroyed' is an hyperbole. When the USA becomes the next Argentina, with an inflation at 100% an year, we can start talking.

I know that when you say that the economy is suffering you are using a figure of speech, but I find this choice of words interesting. Because you chose to turn the spotlight on the "suffering" of the economy, rather than human suffering. Is money more important than human life?
Strawman. Not going to answer that.

F1fan

Veteran Member
But, are we missing the obvious? With all the implementation of masks, did the infection rate go down or remained as previously outlined, up and down, up and down and up and down regardless of masks.

Simple logic

I know that our deep desire is for it to work - even I wished it would work. But reality set in real quick for me.
I notice conservatives tend to think in binary and absolutist terms. If something isn't 100% perfect then it is a failure. Vaccines are not perfect. Masks are not perfect. What public safety measures do is REDUCE the risks so that anyone in any state of health can shop and be in public spaces. The type of mask and how it was used, and how people were cautious in other safety measures all contribute to the overall effectiveness of public safety guidelines. Wearing masks and washing hands was never asserted to be a perfect solution, it was asserted as a set of rules that citizens could vperform to help reduce spread and personal infection. Quite a few citizens didn't care, or believed reight wing disinformation about Covid, and these people were not cooperative with publkic safety.

I remember Libertarians going off about their personal liberty being infringed by public safety measures (as if society revolves around them ONLY), and didn't give a rat's *** about the liberty of others being infected by sick Libertarians. Their response was for the "fearful to stay home" as if only Libertarians need groceries or have jobs. The lack of any cooperation and civil conduct shows how weak Libertarian "values" are.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Send flowers to the economy for being hurt, and weep for its recovery. But who gives a rat's *** for all the dead. Didn't you go to Sunday school and learn to "love thy neighbor"?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I swear I honestly believe that a certain segment of the population is actually disappointed that the death toll from our pandemic isn't higher.
Not at all. I'm stunned that so are utterly tone deaf and unconcerned about the non-fatal suffering and illness that covid brings. It's like they don't give a damn at all because it didn't kill.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
I think you are looking at old data. And, of course, other governments were looking at the US for decisions.

The latest report:

Your Mayo Clinic report states " Can face masks help slow the spread of the virus that causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)? Yes. Face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as getting vaccinated, frequent hand-washing and physical distancing, can help slow the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19."

So, which one really helped. Was it vaccination? Frequent hand-washing? Physical distancing? Masks? Did they do a specialized review with mask only?

Notice the ups and downs remain consistent win 2021 - I can't upload the picture:

It didn't matter that we closed businesses, added vaccinations or used masks... it still went up and down and up and down. IF they worked, there would be a steady downward slope when efforts were in effect.

The China issue is simple... if they lied about China, where else did they lie?
All of those things helped, combined.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Do you remember that they said "natural vaccines are not as good"? And how many people were "naturally vaccinated" before they instituted forced vaccination?

And yet...

You completely ignored that poster's point, which answers your question.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

Over ONE MILLION people died from in, just in the US alone. Almost SEVEN MILLION people died across the globe from it.
It's bizarre to me that people think this is nothing to sneeze at. Just another day!:fearful:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I notice conservatives tend to think in binary and absolutist terms. If something isn't 100% perfect then it is a failure. Vaccines are not perfect. Masks are not perfect. What public safety measures do is REDUCE the risks so that anyone in any state of health can shop and be in public spaces. The type of mask and how it was used, and how people were cautious in other safety measures all contribute to the overall effectiveness of public safety guidelines. Wearing masks and washing hands was never asserted to be a perfect solution, it was asserted as a set of rules that citizens could vperform to help reduce spread and personal infection. Quite a few citizens didn't care, or believed reight wing disinformation about Covid, and these people were not cooperative with publkic safety.

I remember Libertarians going off about their personal liberty being infringed by public safety measures (as if society revolves around them ONLY), and didn't give a rat's *** about the liberty of others being infected by sick Libertarians. Their response was for the "fearful to stay home" as if only Libertarians need groceries or have jobs. The lack of any cooperation and civil conduct shows how weak Libertarian "values" are.
I hear you but I'm just not so sure it applies. I'm not an absolutist. I'm all for public safety and believe in vaccines.

Where was absolutism applied? Basically in the name of safety, close businesses unless they determined that yours was an exception. Like gambling in Nevada is a necessity but churches aren't.

When wearing "masks" was "have a cloth over your mouth" and was deemed acceptable... I have a problem with that. When the danger was those with compromised constitutions or if you were elderly but all of society must be shut down, I call that absolutism.

When we realized that it wasn't "right wing disinformation" but rather the shutting down of dialogue and now realizing that it was left wing stopping of information.

It really had the face of fascism.
  1. A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, a capitalist economy subject to stringent governmental controls and violent suppression of the opposition.
Especially when you are forced to use an experimental vaccination against your free will

Father Heathen

Veteran Member

Perhaps the number of deaths are lower than what you think they should've been is precisely because of the preventative measures taken. On that note:

Also: Herman Cain Award - Wikipedia