• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fashion in Bosnia and Herzegovina: What do you think?

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Niva (Isn't she pretty?)
43mn62q.jpg

2w72v78.jpg

2dtci6e.jpg

33m4bqo.jpg

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
The white crew. They always hog the water pipes and dress the same. I think they're all related.
2dtdngj.jpg

3z9avso.jpg

And a green card ***** who actually wears green, keeping the US soldiers company...
29qcpbd.jpg

3ys0okk.jpg

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Kozara plains girls. You can sometimes tell vaguely what region of Bosnia people come from by their looks. These girls, Nadira and Muhameda, are from the Kozara plains like me.

3yx1xcx.jpg

30ucnic.jpg

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Djamila said:
Really? I've been to Canada, not the United States, and I found it completely different. Everything looked so masculine - even if it is technically the same thing, jeans and shirts, or skirts and shirts. The shirts were far more simple, and pants were much more common that dresses.

If I'm not mistaken Djamila , you were to Newfoundland . :) Canada is a large country , with many cultures . Now , you could be correct ? I live in the middle of redneck country where the idea of " dressing up " is a clean pair of blue jeans and not too much mud on your boots { I'm being polite when I say mud .. }. :) But I think that you would find cities like Vancouver and Montreal very different indeed .... Well , during the warmer months ... ;)

You also see quite a difference in the younger people's dress . But Canadians do tend to be quite casual . Having said all of that , none of the pics look out of place to me neither . Although I would have to say that a few would get a little attention in this town .....

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I've always been fond of head dresses. Not those ones that cover the entire face, but like the two you see in that picture with the blondes on Page 1. I've always seen it as fashionable; however for some reason most girls I know view it is a demeaning and refuse to have anything on their head other than a hat.

Concerning fashion in my life and area:

I usually prefer to stick away from the latest trends reaching my friends and concentrate on what I like. I don't know how many other people here are still in high school, but I'm sure the ones who are can attest to cliques and how people stick to certain (and usually overdone) styles -- even if it doesn't fit them. For example, I'm annoyed to heaven if I have on a uniform color scheme, but there are a lot people obsessed with wearing only black. I also can't stand wearing tie-die, stripes, and plain tees.

The past few years I've decided to shop online for most of my clothes instead. On the Web I find myself overwhelmed, where as when I'm shopping in a store I usually only leave with one new item. Call it picky. I love tattoo-style tees and the cutsie illustration cartoons. Unfortunately, I can't find either style locally.

I prefer wearing a tee bought online, studded belts, silver necklaces, tight jeans or khakis (never shorts, even though it reaches 100 degrees F here), the tees I described earlier, a bucket hat, and when I'm feeling dangerous, some goggles. The main influence probably came from Japan, but they too can get overboard, in my opinion. ;)

Edit- How is the male fashion over there, Djamila? Got some pics?

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
I still find it different, somehow. Perhaps it's just because I'm aware how tall these women are, and how they walk, and how they interact with other women and men that I think they're so different. I imagine if I could make a video and post it, you'd all say, "Well... technically the clothes are kind of the same, but there's something different..."

I can't really explain it, I guess. I just found when I was in Canada that it was a very small group of young people who dressed this way - it wasn't the norm for everyone from 14-40 as it is here. Less accessories also, and this was something I really like. Bosnian girls use all these foolish things to make their outfits unique and different, it becomes kind of tacky after a while, but in the West most people seemed to be wearing more or less the same things. Same brands, same styles - on everyone.

Anyhow, here's some more from earlier this summer - Club Bock and a few other places.

The men are pretty much the same. Clothes are a big tigher in Bosnia. I think men at gay clubs in the West dress like straight men in Bosnia, if that makes sense? I just find men here are much more metrosexual.

2r1zrib.jpg

4gfecs1.jpg

2d0nfqb.jpg

2j3p1ms.jpg

Hacker

MaddLlama said:
I am unimpressed. I see that all the time around where I live. It looks just like normal American fashion.
I agree, it looks like normal American fashion to me too.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
"Yugo", he's Serb - but for some reason the Muslim girls really like him. He always has a crowd around.
2cp2ckl.jpg

And a growing clique in Bosnia - the heroin addicts. Sadly drugs are becoming a bigger and bigger problem, not smaller. You can recognize them instantly - they're always much thinner than is normal in Bosnia and out of it, as they say.
2j4d6vo.jpg

Draka

Wonder Woman
I have to agree with the rest. I see the same thing when I go to the high school or college or any bar or club downtown. Seems that that is just the normal fashion for many places.

Though I do have to highlight this picture...I have a few outfits that look pretty much like this. I like this style of dress.

Djamila said:

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Hahaha - I forgot about Adnisa! She has this... how should you put it? Habit of leaving her clothes at DJ's and Bouncer's houses - hahaha. She wears a hijab to the club, and then gets changed in the bathroom. As far as her parents know, she's some jihadist.
48z2n2u.jpg

Scary dancing...
30bl7rb.jpg

Stoned belly dancing - a Bosnian classic... LOL
47n4ebb.jpg

The more the merrier!
3581mow.jpg

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
Djamila said:
I still find it different, somehow. Perhaps it's just because I'm aware how tall these women are, and how they walk, and how they interact with other women and men that I think they're so different. I imagine if I could make a video and post it, you'd all say, "Well... technically the clothes are kind of the same, but there's something different..."

Well , yes . :) You can't expect a farm girl to walk like a fushion model .... well , perhaps some do ? ;) And you do see quite a difference across Canada . For excample , I have found that women in Montreal tend to wear more make-up then the national average . In some areas , very few women wear make-up at all ...

But on an average , you likely are correct . As I said , Canadians tend to be somewhat casual . You can often find events where one person is in blue jeans and cowboy boots sitting beside a guy in a suit , or even a tux . Dress codes aren't a big deal here .

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
Draka said:
Though I do have to highlight this picture...I have a few outfits that look pretty much like this. I like this style of dress.

Oh awesome! I love that style of dress also. I wear skirts like that sometimes:

2ugjpkj.jpg

I can't handle all the crap around my neck though. I feel so choked, I never wear it.

Djamila

Bosnjakinja
kreeden said:
But on an average , you likely are correct . As I said , Canadians tend to be somewhat casual . You can often find events where one person is in blue jeans and cowboy boots sitting beside a guy in a suit , or even a tux . Dress codes aren't a big deal here .

That's one of the things I liked. I remember in Canada the first time I went outside in flip-flop sandals, shorts, and a man's t-shirt to go to the store. I felt like... I can't even explain it. I felt weird and ugly, but I felt like free too, like I could fly away! Hahaha. It was nice.

Here it's kind of our version of hijab, dressing up. Women generally don't leave the home without doing everything - hair make-up clothes shoes - etc. first. It can be very tedious at times. Like there's mornings I wake up and I want to go downtown for a pastry and it's an hour before I can leave. I have to shower, have to dry my hair, have to do my make-up (daytime make-up, of course), have to put on my clothes, have to put on my shoes, and have to walk there slowly like some 1940s housewife - if I walk fast or run, erveryone thinks you're stuck up and rude. So it's lunch time by the time i get my morning pastry. And I'm not exaggerating or anything, really is like this.

But in Canada, you can just go - and to tell you the truth, I think the Canadian guys like you better in a man's t-shirt and no make-up. LOL

Draka

Wonder Woman
Djamila said:
That's one of the things I liked. I remember in Canada the first time I went outside in flip-flop sandals, shorts, and a man's t-shirt to go to the store. I felt like... I can't even explain it. I felt weird and ugly, but I felt like free too, like I could fly away! Hahaha. It was nice.

Here it's kind of our version of hijab, dressing up. Women generally don't leave the home without doing everything - hair make-up clothes shoes - etc. first. It can be very tedious at times. Like there's mornings I wake up and I want to go downtown for a pastry and it's an hour before I can leave. I have to shower, have to dry my hair, have to do my make-up (daytime make-up, of course), have to put on my clothes, have to put on my shoes, and have to walk there slowly like some 1940s housewife - if I walk fast or run, erveryone thinks you're stuck up and rude. So it's lunch time by the time i get my morning pastry. And I'm not exaggerating or anything, really is like this.

But in Canada, you can just go - and to tell you the truth, I think the Canadian guys like you better in a man's t-shirt and no make-up. LOL

Yeah, here it all kind of depends on where you are going and your mood. If I'm going out to dinner, to a club, whatever, then I wear something nice and do my makeup and all that jazz. However, if I need to make a quick run to the store to get milk, butter and diapers, I'll wear anything I grab, run a brush through my hair and go. I might make a run to the store to pick up a few things dressed in an oversized t-shirt and pajama pants, and sneakers in the morning, and be dressed to the hilt, makeup perfect, hair great, in heels, and just looking fabulous in general to go out that evening. All depends on the mood and the mission;)