• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Family participation in the death penalty

Shad

Veteran Member
I was referring to the U.S. system, I sgould have specified. Criminal trials are concerned with the alleged offender not the victim. That victims are referenced does not mean that the trial is concerned with the victim.

Sure I understand your view with that context.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
She could use a benchrest rifle with a manageable round like 308 Winchester.
(I'd go for the 50 BMG.)
Boring............ (literally)
Nah............ Widowed Mrs Wenlock could be given a couple of hours training on a 7tonne (alright... ton) road roller, thru-cones control, etc..... and then on the day she just needs to drive over a fixed course.

Please trust me, Revolting, when I say that this would do the job, and Widow Wenlock would definitely feel that justice had been delivered.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I'd done some reading on lethal injections, & find that they're not that
reliable for getting a quick pain free death. A problem is that we have
ridiculous laws & regulations which greatly complicate the matter.
Guns are still best.
Think about it....the military is in the business of killing people.
What do most soldiers use? Rifles.
But I'd be OK with death by artillery too.
Ah ha! Strapped to a cannon mouth?
Or, since accuracy is somewhat better today, the restrained condemned could be handed a cheap pair of binoculars and asked to hold a distant hilltop in view if they wished to look their executioner in the eye, a personal choice of @BSM1 if fate should be unkind to him?

Yes, the laws about injection execution do seem to be strange, since veterinary surgeons can euthanize a horse without difficulty and pain free.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That was not what I asked.

You keep on changing or extending the subject. Can the verdict of a case be irrefutable? Forget the punishment. Can a system convict the accused of crimes up to 100% accuracy? Just please simply answer that without any further notions or conditions.
That's you changing the subject, not me.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes, the laws about injection execution do seem to be strange, since veterinary surgeons can euthanize a horse without difficulty and pain free.
Our culture has great trouble dealing with the complexities of death.
IOW, there shouldn't be any complexities....but we (not me) make'm.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Our culture has great trouble dealing with the complexities of death.
IOW, there shouldn't be any complexities....but we (not me) make'm.
Every country has its own individual daftnesses, I reckon.

In the UK our dumb'n'daft warehouses are overflowing just at this time, so my comments about execution in some US States are only intended in friendly humour.

I do understand complexities with death, though. Humans can be knocked sideways by the death of a particular little dog, but don't mind about 'dog' being an everyday dish in some other countries.. Bring that concept forwards to human life and the complexities can only explode.

I don't think that victims or relatives of victims should have any involvement with convicts' punishments, or convicts' rehabilitation, but here in the UK our Parole Board has just been stripped of some of its powers in deference to 'punishments handed out by victims'.