• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Falvlun the Lemur Mod!

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
DS! :woohoo:

Thanks for the lucky wishes. I think I'm gonna need 'em.... :cover:

The lemur meaning is two-fold.
1) My actual avatar is Momo, from the Nikelodeon kids' cartoon series Avatar: the Last Airbender, which was one of the most enjoyable series I've watched in a while. Momo is a cute furry flying lemur that has a penchant for getting himself into trouble.

2) Lemurs are freakin' awesome. The represent an early split from the primates, due to isolation on the island of Madagascar. Lemurs come in many different sizes, behavior patterns, and diet preferences to accommodate a large variety of ecological niches. Many species are impressive acrobats, leaping through trees and clinging to vines. All species are adorable. What's not to love? Unfortunately, due to human activity (including that of aboriginal peoples), many species have gone extinct, and many more are endangered. Anyway, yeah, I'm into lemurs. (Also, can you think of a word that is more fun to say than "lemur"? I didn't think so!)

Cool! This can almost fit in a Wikipedia page (no kidding). :clap

Though now you've made me desire a pet lemur. :sad4:

Your avatar looks cute, but in a kinda dark way which makes it a ninja lemur, I guess.

There's no debate about your last question. It is universally accepted that the coolest microscopic animal is the tardigrade, also known as the "water bear".

tardigrade.jpg

Tardigrade literally means "slow walker"... I unfortunately have never seen one alive to see whether this is true or not. (My lab partner managed to kill all of his.) These things can live basically anywhere on Earth, in the most extreme environments. They can even survive the vacuum of space! Now you got me all geeked out about them. :p

Interesting Falv factoid: I considered using Tardigrade as my username, but decided to stick with my tried and true Falvlun. :)

I have to say that this definitely trumps the [relatively ugly] Bulinus Truncatus snails. What an adorable little fellow this Tardigrade creature is. :eek:

Last edited:

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
when theirs something strange in your neigbhoor hood who ya gonna call?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
That depends. Is the "something strange" a talking lemur with a dog sidekick? :D Because if that's the case, I'd be more comforted than worried.

Except for my turkey. I'd be worried for my turkey.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
That depends. Is the "something strange" a talking lemur with a dog sidekick? :D Because if that's the case, I'd be more comforted than worried.

Except for my turkey. I'd be worried for my turkey.
yeah but they would also both be ghosts
:eek:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Cool! This can almost fit in a Wikipedia page (no kidding). :clap

Though now you've made me desire a pet lemur. :sad4:

Your avatar looks cute, but in a kinda dark way which makes it a ninja lemur, I guess.
:D
I always thought Momo looked a little guilty about something...

Debater Slayer said:
I have to say that this definitely trumps the [relatively ugly] Bulinus Truncatus snails. What an adorable little fellow this Tardigrade creature is. :eek:
Snails are cute too!
Behold, the Neverending story racing snail!

neverending%201%20racing%20snail.jpg

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
when theirs something strange in your neigbhoor hood who ya gonna call?
Sticking with the theme, I've gotta go Falcor. Ghostbusters are great and all, but they just can't compare with a luck dragon!

Renji

If befriending those toads won't work, I'm right behind you.:D

Just choose who you want to finish that job:

Roku?

116460.png

Kyoshi?

2Q==

Aang?

Z

or Kora?

medium_korra.jpg

Last edited:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
aang would not harm the toads.
You're right, he'd manage to save his lemur without hurting a hair on their bald heads. :D

lawrence said:
If befriending those toads won't work, I'm right behind you.

Just choose who you want to finish that job:
Oh, definitely Aang. Although, Kora intrigues me. You don't hear much about her in the series.

Renji

Oh, definitely Aang. Although, Kora intrigues me. You don't hear much about her in the series.

Avatar the legend of Korra is the new series of avatar, Momo. She will be the new avatar after me, err, Aang. She's a water bender from the southern water tribe. Her air bending teacher is actually the son of Aang and Katara.

Last edited:

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Avatar the legend of Kora is the new series of avatar Momo. She will be the new avatar after me, err, Aang. She's a water bender from the southern water tribe. Her air bending teacher is actually the son of Aang and Katara.

:eek: I didn't know there was a new series out! Very excited now!

Renji

:eek: I didn't know there was a new series out! Very excited now!

Last time I checked the site of Nick, it says that it will be out this November, not sure though if it's already out. You can also check the Youtube. I've seen several videos there showing the sketches and the animation of the new series. I'm telling you, it's amazing. :) And yeah, before I forgot, they say that this new series will not be intended to be "funny" like the Avatar: the Legend of Aang, they wanted it to be "more serious".