• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fallout

exchemist

Veteran Member
UHT is done very short at higher temperature. 135 (not too bad) or sometimes 160. Or frying and baking (250). But for most people this won't give any direct problems, only for those who are prone to certain diseases this has big impact. So, if you have no health issues then nothing to worry, because I see most people nowadays live for more than 70 years. Only when you are prone to infections than it might be wise to reduce high heated food (like fried).

I have Crohn disease and kidney problem. So, for me it's important to stay away of high heated oil. But even I can take for a few days heated oil without getting immediate trouble, but after a few days I get pain. Then I stop this food, and a few days later I am fine again.

They start doing research in this now. I read about roasted potatoes that MIGHT be related to cancer. Here they say it's too soon to tell, and it's not significant. I think myself that this is because it will only effect those who are prone to this type of disease. So, if you take a big group, there might be just a small part who are prone to getting it.

Why there is increase in cancer nowadays? I think your point is the major factor, people get much older now, and we have to die one day.
OK it's getting a bit clearer now. The danger chemical in that article is acrylamide CH2:CH.CO.NH2, which is a product of overheating starchy food. But that's nothing to do with oil, particularly.

What foods do you think have highly heated oil in them, that you need to be careful with?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
OK it's getting a bit clearer now. The danger chemical in that article is acrylamide CH2:CH.CO.NH2, which is a product of overheating starchy food. But that's nothing to do with oil, particularly.
I was told to stay under 120 Celsius when cooking (same temperature as in high pressure cooking). I just recently came across this article. I didn't know about harm in this way, but lucky I cooked for the past 35 years without overheating starchy food; two birds in 1 stroke. And true this is not particular the oil. For my condition, it's both: cooking below 120 and esp. oil.

What foods do you think have highly heated oil in them, that you need to be careful with?
Once I ate peanuts, and I almost died from the pain, they were roasted (high heated). The pain was unbearable, and I think that was the first time I really prayed to God, and make my first promise "Please God cure me, and I promise I will never eat more than 9 grams of nuts again. I was instantly cured, and peanuts were out for 2 decades. I discovered that I better be careful with promises to God (in the beginning not easy, just 9 grams;))

For 2 years I ate very healthy (I thought), but had every day, after eating my meals, intense pain (not as bad as with peanuts). Then Sai Baba came in my dream and told me "no oil" (no explanation, just 2 words). I only used 20 grams of cold pressed oils at that time, so never suspected that. I stopped the cold pressed oil, and pain was gone in 1 or 2 days. For 2 decades I took minimum oil.

Recently I eat more oil, but still must be careful. And stick to low temperature cooking. My main problem, when young, was eating too much and too fatty (and fried), now I eat much less, the oil impact is much less I discovered.

Note: Usually this UHT has advantage (if healthy) because it kills bugs. Pasteurizing is usually sufficient, but for long shelf life sterilizing is needed

exchemist

Veteran Member
I was told to stay under 120 Celsius when cooking (same temperature as in high pressure cooking). I just recently came across this article. I didn't know about harm in this way, but lucky I cooked for the past 35 years without overheating starchy food; two birds in 1 stroke. And true this is not particular the oil. For my condition, it's both: cooking below 120 and esp. oil.

Once I ate peanuts, and I almost died from the pain, they were roasted (high heated). The pain was unbearable, and I think that was the first time I really prayed to God, and make my first promise "Please God cure me, and I promise I will never eat more than 9 grams of nuts again. I was instantly cured, and peanuts were out for 2 decades. I discovered that I better be careful with promises to God (in the beginning not easy, just 9 grams;))

For 2 years I ate very healthy (I thought), but had every day, after eating my meals, intense pain (not as bad as with peanuts). Then Sai Baba came in my dream and told me "no oil" (no explanation, just 2 words). I only used 20 grams of cold pressed oils at that time, so never suspected that. I stopped the cold pressed oil, and pain was gone in 1 or 2 days. For 2 decades I took minimum oil.

Recently I eat more oil, but still must be careful. And stick to low temperature cooking. My main problem, when young, was eating too much and too fatty (and fried), now I eat much less, the oil impact is much less I discovered.

Note: Usually this UHT has advantage (if healthy) because it kills bugs. Pasteurizing is usually sufficient, but for long shelf life sterilizing is needed
OK I think I more or less understand now.

Sw. Vandana Jyothi

Truth is One, many are the Names
Premium Member
Well... I mean back before every person on the planet had a college debt...like in the 70s.

Tee hee, you do realize that was over 50 years ago? :D

Ahhh yes, the 70's, I remember them well. Along with the 50's and 60's. A most interesting national timeline people my age have experienced. National karma (U.S). Who'da thunk I'd have to practice all my equanimity skills on that, too? Just suffering and enjoying my personal karma with equanimity has been nigh on a full time job already.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
That was a "great" business plan they created, to control people, giving them a big start with huge debts.
Maybe? I think it is the lobbying of state universities which helps to accomplish this. They constantly complain that they are running out of funds, but they run out of funds through clever manipulation of assets. The first state university which all the others have followed is Georgia Tech. GT came up with the scheme for assuming infinite growth of college campuses. Since then the other state colleges have been buying up real estate, raising tuition, working like they were a network marketing scheme. Corruption is nothing new to universities though. I'm no historian but I remember Isaac Newton commenting upon how corrupt colleges were in his days. Apparently if you had the bucks you didn't have to study as hard and so forth. Its just a fact that you can't trust universities when it comes down to money.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Maybe? I think it is the lobbying of state universities which helps to accomplish this. They constantly complain that they are running out of funds, but they run out of funds through clever manipulation of assets. The first state university which all the others have followed is Georgia Tech. GT came up with the scheme for assuming infinite growth of college campuses. Since then the other state colleges have been buying up real estate, raising tuition, working like they were a network marketing scheme. Corruption is nothing new to universities though. I'm no historian but I remember Isaac Newton commenting upon how corrupt colleges were in his days. Apparently if you had the bucks you didn't have to study as hard and so forth. Its just a fact that you can't trust universities when it comes down to money.
True, it's corruption everywhere. And the Presidents and politicians and kings/queens don't set the right examples nowadays
IF they would not have started with the huge loans THEN the universities could not have gone out control so much
Schools and hospitals are businesses now, that is the main problem. Greediness, jealousy all around