• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith

Faith is the moral compass and the spiritual guidance seated in the human heart. It's a human faculty that needs nourishment and growth just the same as the other aspects of one's being like one's body and mind.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Faith is the moral compass and the spiritual guidance seated in the human heart. It's a human faculty that needs nourishment and growth just the same as the other aspects of one's being like one's body and mind.
I have heard of one's conscience as a built-in moral compass.
Unless damaged, we come equipped with a conscience, and if morally trained can be a useful compass.
I also find in Scripture that the imperfect human heart can be treacherous - Jeremiah 17:9; 10:23
The imperfect heart urges us to do something, but after we do it the heart gives us all the reasons why we should Not have done what we did in the first place.
Thus, spiritual guidance, according to Jesus, is seated or rooted in Scripture - John 17:17
Jesus taught that God's Word (Scripture) is religious truth to guide us to set us free from what is false.
We don't have the mind of God but according to Scripture we do have the mind of Christ. - 2 Corinthians 2:16
The mind of Christ as a guide as recorded in the Bible.