• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Faith in God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan

No-- I answered it with an example of NO EVIL and FREE WILL: your mythic "Heaven".

Simple. But you didn't LIKE it because it paints your god as a massive BULLY.

Too bad.

You need to go on record because you're all over the board. When answering the questions below, just forget about the God of the Bible. I want to know what BOB THE UNBELIEVER would do, and you only.

Assuming you are god, would you create man with free will? Yes or No?

How would you address evil?

Would you have good and evil in your universe? Or just good?

How would you keep evil out? Create men who have no knowledge or ability of doing evil?

Answer the questions?

Mudramoksha

Do you have faith in God?

While I can appreciate such faith in the presence of evidence, in the absence of any evidence (experiential, empirical, or objective), why do you have faith?

Depends how you define it. Existence is complex and Reality is never what it seems (which is why materialism needs to be sent back to preschool).
I'm far from being an atheist but I also, as a Buddhist, do not believe in any positive essence (such as deity or a collective soul, like Brahman) as Ultimate Reality. However we do have Tathagata, tathagatagarbha, Dharmakaya, the Clear Light etc which is comparable to the way many religions and mystics have described "God".
I don't think most religions are bull****ing about what lay beyond, but their interpretations of things have become scrambled over time, perhaps.

However the word "God" and these kinds of categorizations are so strongly Western and English (language). No Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, Sikh, Jain refers to the word "God" but they have concepts of ground-reality that take it's place.

Bob the Unbeliever

That's another BOGUS BELIEF of yours - that just because God knew what would happen, then he's to blame. NONSENSE. Foreknowledge is not determinism. .

Actually? It most certainly IS. You cannot do anything different from what god already KNOWS.

Therefore? You are like a robot on a fixed track-- FREE WILL CANNOT EXIST IN THE SAME UNIVERSE AS FORE-KNOWLEDGE.

Therefore? Your god is BEYOND EVIL-- it deliberately, and with MALICE, creates a people it will

1) Murder the bulk of, but keep the same failed stock to re-do everything.

2) Torture forever, the majority of it's creation-- which it knew would happen in the first place -- but it does it anyway.

PURE EVIL.

God may know in advance what a person will do, but he doesn't MAKE THE PERSON'S FREE WILL CHOICES for them. That's why your argument is bogus..

It ABSOLUTELY DOES cement in STONE, what everyone will do.

WHO CAN GO AGAINST WHAT GOD ALREADY KNOWS? The ONLY way Free Will can WORK?

IS IF THE FUTURE IS UNDETERMINED. If your beast-of-a-god ALREADY KNOWS?

The future is DETERMINED IN ADVANCE-- no free will.
Now back to the same question you're running like a rabbit from:

Tell me how, as god, how you would create man with FREE WILL and not allow him to do evil if he chooses?

I answered it 3 times at least-- but it doesn't matter: FREE WILL IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH AN ALL-KNOWING, ALL-POWERFUL BEAST-GOD.

Free Will requires:

1) An UNKNOWN FUTURE
2) At least a TINY bit of POWER--

If god is ALL KNOWING? There is no unknown future
If god is ALL POWERFUL? There is no power left over for the exercise of Free Will.

BOOM! You lose on 3 counts.

Bob the Unbeliever

You need to go on record because you're all over the board. When answering the questions below, just forget about the God of the Bible. I want to know what BOB THE UNBELIEVER would do, and you only.

How would you keep evil out? Create men who have no knowledge or ability of doing evil?

Answer the questions?

Okay. I'd create a world where EVERYONE KNEW that God was real, and Watching-- faith is pure evil anyway. Got no use for it.

I'd lay down some basic rules: Be Excellent To Each Other, Try Not To Kill, Treat Children as Precious, etc.

But. There would be some instantly fatal things: Anyone who was about to murder a child? Milliseconds before doing the actual deed-- mid-action of attempted murder?

*BOOM* The kid is protected, and the would-be murderer? Dead Right There.

Same thing for child-rape: *BOOM* Dead Right There.

Being a GOD? I would KNOW their mind, and I would KNOW what they were committed to do.

More: All kids--up until their brain gets sufficiently complex, to understand Consequences? Would be immune to cancer, death, disease, parasitic infection, being a victim of rape, being a victim of murder, etc.

Childhood would be a kind of Utopian Dream-- they would be a Protected Status. I would not protect them from adult consequences that affects adults, however. They can learn vicariously.

I expect it would become a Formal Coming Of Age Ceremony for all children: (because it would NEVER be kept secret-- adults would just KNOW if a child was still PROTECTED) the Day They Become Adults, and are No Longer Immune. The Day They Take Responsibility For Their Own Destiny.

*BOOM*

Just like that--- I AM MORE MORAL THAN YOUR BULLY GOD.

Bob the Unbeliever

Answer the questions?

How about that? With just a few minutes thought? I CAME UP WITH 100000 TIMES SUPERIOR REALITY THAN YOUR IDIOTIC BRONZE-AGE MYTH.

*boom*

Bob the Unbeliever

Bull. You didn't even answer the mother-loving questions. You never do. Try again:

Assuming you are god, would you create man with free will? Yes or No? YES OR NO, BOB???

I answered your "question" multiple times-- even a Hypothetical One wherein Evil is not present like we see in the World Today.

Game.

Set.

Match.

YOU LOSE.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
*** STAFF REMINDER ***

The staff team would like to remind certain parties that trolling and bullying is not permitted on the forums. This thread will be locked if this conversation does not become more civil in tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.