• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fact is stranger than fiction

Keith

Keith
<<Nope, you are entirely right, I have never one stated to Keith what my creed is. But he is correct, I would much prefer to go through life pursuing goals that make me happy rather than reading the bible. I don't particularly understand much of what he is saying - in his first post he mentions he developed psychic powers but then in a later post he claims he lost his 'powers' when he found god. But his posts don't seem to make much sense (to me, maybe he makes sense to other people but I suspect not really) so there's not much point me trying to explain my beliefs, or lack of them, to him any further. (Oh any by the way I'm a she not a he )>>

The godless develop psychic powers because they have excluded God from their lives. Once our Creator is allowed into our lives, if we totally repent our sins to Lord Jesus the ability to speak to spirits disappears as God within protects our soul from such beings.

Keith

Keith

Keith
krishnakanta

<<maste and Welcome to RF, I know this has little to do with the tone of your op but you do realize that Kundalini isn't an actual snake right? It's simply energy, the snake is used only as imagery to conceptualize it. Also it comes from a culture where snakes are not the animal representation of evil.>>

Thank you for your welcome. Isn’t life also energy and it is what we do with it that counts? The Great White Brotherhood version of the Kundalini snake is that it lies at the base of our spine and by rituals and mantras can be brought alive when it will travel up our spine to our head where it will transform itself and grow wings that will fly our soul to Heaven.

Sounds marvelous until one sees the manifestation of spirit into the physical via the medium of a human body immersed in that belief. Perhaps as a Hindu you will want to argue that an evil snake could only project from an evil person and a good snake or force will emanate from a good person?

Regarding culture, my experiences are proved in the bible because it was a devil-snake that brought evil into the world and a devil snake that would have damned my soul for eternity if Lord Jesus had not intervened.

<<I am curious, you use your experiences as a gauge of universal truth, which is completely normal for someone who has such experiences but what do you make of people who have other profoundly positive religious experiences that are not even remotely Christian in nature?>>

Although I had disbelieved the Christian message and fought Jesus up to one second to midnight I had known from my first vision of Him that He was truly our Creator God in human form. Thus my hostility was driven by the demons I had allowed into my soul by my interest in spiritualism. I bear personal responsibility for this because it was my favourite demon (sin) that I didn’t want Jesus to drive out. Thus from this the only logical conclusion is that if Christianity is right about Jesus being our Holy God incarnated on earth 2,000 years ago then all ‘other profoundly positive religious experiences that are not even remotely Christian in nature’ are wrong.

That is my ‘gauge of universal truth’ based only on my personal experience of God which also tells me that those who do not believe in Jesus to the exclusion of all others are deceived which is why Lord Jesus wishes to save them from their many gods who cannot save them.

Hope your curiosity is satisfied?

Keith

Wandered Off

Sporadic Driveby Member
The road became a track and eventually a desert in the middle of which the Angel stopped and said:

“Here is the task, that God does ask, every grain of sand, in this desert land, is a soul on earth, here is where you prove your worth. Bring to God all who would be shrieved, but first tell those in whom you believed, what God has shown to you. This you now must do.”
Do you find that all angels bust out rhymes, or was this one just feeling especially poetic?

slave2six

Substitious
You have thrown away the written biblical testimony of around 6,000 years the first chapter of which is the accumulated knowledge of God and Creation of tribes from all over the world who had no means of communicating with each other for many thousands of previous years.
Sorry Keith but that dog just don't hunt. If "ancient" meant "right" then we'd all be worshiping Ra. The very first book of Genesis is patently false no matter how you look at it. It cannot be a "revelation by God" for the simple fact that it states that the Earth, vegetation and whatnot was "created" before the sun moon and the stars. This is clearly impossible as vegetation cannot exist without photosynthesis. It then goes on to describe the "fall of man" which is, again, mere mythology and completely contradictory to the physical data that this planet provides us. If we were to abide by what the ancients believed, we'd all still thing the Earth was flat and that it is the center of the universe. It just seems to me that if God was going to reveal stuff about the physical universe, he'd get it right and make it clear.

While your tale is gripping, you can perhaps forgive those of us who take it with a few grains of salt. I think that it can be fairly well demonstrated that "spiritual" experiences can and often are attributable to neurological anomalies (e.g. temporal lobe epilepsy can cause people to see "visions" and hear voices that are not there.) I'm not diagnosing you here, I am simply stating that there have been too many cases of "spiritual" matters that have been controlled with the proper medications. By the same token, there are mind altering drugs that will also give people a "spiritual" experience. To me, it seems irrational to think that controlling the mind also controls the "spirit" (which is supposed to be eternal).

BTW - I am always intrigued when people claim that "the surgeon was amazed." I was a nurse for 11 years and have worked with quite a few surgeons and oncologists and have yet to meet one that has been "amazed" by a positive turn in a patient's health. Encouraged? Yes. "Unable to explain it"? Yes. But then, there are powers of the mind that have yet to be fully explored and understood.

I am also troubled when people make claims that "he was cured" followed by a revelation that "he later died" of the disease. It seems to me that people want to make "remission" mean the same thing as "cure" for the purposes of adding credibility to their tale. I find that disingenuous at best.

Last edited:

slave2six

Substitious
Keith - Can you please use a smaller font? It's really hard to read the big print. It's distracting. Thanks.

Andal

resident hypnotist
Thank you for your welcome. Isn’t life also energy and it is what we do with it that counts? The Great White Brotherhood version of the Kundalini snake is that it lies at the base of our spine and by rituals and mantras can be brought alive when it will travel up our spine to our head where it will transform itself and grow wings that will fly our soul to Heaven.

That's odd. Kundalini is an energy that lies at the base of the spine that is unlocked and travels up the spine to help with meditation and spiritual practice. Never ever heard about growing wings and flying souls and stuff. You were wise not to do their practices because if they taught it wrong you could end up with serious medical and psychological problems and from the description you gave, they were probably going to teach it wrong.

Sounds marvelous until one sees the manifestation of spirit into the physical via the medium of a human body immersed in that belief. Perhaps as a Hindu you will want to argue that an evil snake could only project from an evil person and a good snake or force will emanate from a good person?

Snakes shouldn't be projecting from any human. If you are talking about energy on the other hand, not an actual snake, then yes there are powerful people who use the power for evil and also those who use it for good.

Regarding culture, my experiences are proved in the bible because it was a devil-snake that brought evil into the world and a devil snake that would have damned my soul for eternity if Lord Jesus had not intervened.

The Bible is heavily influenced by local culture and custom, just like any other sacred text. The snake is considered evil in the Bible but not in other religious texts. I wonder if it has something to do with desert snakes being particularly venumous. If you look at places like China, India, Thailand, Australia, Mexico and some parts of south america where they Bible didn't show up until the colonial era (with the exception of a few small communities in India and China) snakes are a part of local culture, sometimes feared, but often revered. The whole snake being evil is a cultural construct.

I'm not debating here your belief in the fall of humanity in Eden what I am debating though is the universality of snakes being associated with evil.

Although I had disbelieved the Christian message and fought Jesus up to one second to midnight I had known from my first vision of Him that He was truly our Creator God in human form. Thus my hostility was driven by the demons I had allowed into my soul by my interest in spiritualism. I bear personal responsibility for this because it was my favourite demon (sin) that I didn’t want Jesus to drive out. Thus from this the only logical conclusion is that if Christianity is right about Jesus being our Holy God incarnated on earth 2,000 years ago then all ‘other profoundly positive religious experiences that are not even remotely Christian in nature’ are wrong.

I suspected that.

Keith

Keith
Krishnakanta

<<That's odd. Kundalini is an energy that lies at the base of the spine that is unlocked and travels up the spine to help with meditation and spiritual practice. Never ever heard about growing wings and flying souls and stuff. You were wise not to do their practices because if they taught it wrong you could end up with serious medical and psychological problems and from the description you gave, they were probably going to teach it wrong.>>

Unfortunately you don’t recognise that to teach the Yoga Kundalini is to develop excessive creativity and mystical psychic powers which puts the soul into the dangers you specifty.

<<Snakes shouldn't be projecting from any human. If you are talking about energy on the other hand, not an actual snake, then yes there are powerful people who use the power for evil and also those who use it for good.>>

That is how the Great White Brotherhood that Lord Jesus rescued me from put it.

<<The Bible is heavily influenced by local culture and custom, just like any other sacred text. The snake is considered evil in the Bible but not in other religious texts. I wonder if it has something to do with desert snakes being particularly venumous. If you look at places like China, India, Thailand, Australia, Mexico and some parts of south america where they Bible didn't show up until the colonial era (with the exception of a few small communities in India and China) snakes are a part of local culture, sometimes feared, but often revered. The whole snake being evil is a cultural construct.>>

The ‘construct’ starts with Genesis which was only written when tribes living on different continents and unable to communicate with one another were found to all have the same basic belief about God and our creation and why we exist. The slight differences in Genesis about when what was created were the only difference.

<<I'm not debating here your belief in the fall of humanity in Eden what I am debating though is the universality of snakes being associated with evil.>>

As I say it all springs from Genesis and not from physical experience of snakes.

<<Quote: Although I had disbelieved the Christian message and fought Jesus up to one second to midnight I had known from my first vision of Him that He was truly our Creator God in human form. Thus my hostility was driven by the demons I had allowed into my soul by my interest in spiritualism. I bear personal responsibility for this because it was my favourite demon (sin) that I didn’t want Jesus to drive out. Thus from this the only logical conclusion is that if Christianity is right about Jesus being our Holy God incarnated on earth 2,000 years ago then all ‘other profoundly positive religious experiences that are not even remotely Christian in nature’ are wrong. End quote
<<I suspected that.>>

The hardest part of being saved is the realisation that all that current beliefs whether born into or acquired have been wrong.

Keith

Keith

Keith
slave2six

<<Sorry Keith but that dog just don't hunt. If "ancient" meant "right" then we'd all be worshiping Ra. The very first book of Genesis is patently false no matter how you look at it. It cannot be a "revelation by God" for the simple fact that it states that the Earth, vegetation and whatnot was "created" before the sun moon and the stars. This is clearly impossible as vegetation cannot exist without photosynthesis. It then goes on to describe the "fall of man" which is, again, mere mythology and completely contradictory to the physical data that this planet provides us. If we were to abide by what the ancients believed, we'd all still thing the Earth was flat and that it is the center of the universe. It just seems to me that if God was going to reveal stuff about the physical universe, he'd get it right and make it clear.>>

You wrongly assume that what we observe now is what God created but we now live in time whereas God is in, and our creation once was in, timelessness.

<<While your tale is gripping, you can perhaps forgive those of us who take it with a few grains of salt. I think that it can be fairly well demonstrated that "spiritual" experiences can and often are attributable to neurological anomalies (e.g. temporal lobe epilepsy can cause people to see "visions" and hear voices that are not there.) I'm not diagnosing you here, I am simply stating that there have been too many cases of "spiritual" matters that have been controlled with the proper medications. By the same token, there are mind altering drugs that will also give people a "spiritual" experience. To me, it seems irrational to think that controlling the mind also controls the "spirit" (which is supposed to be eternal).>>

So you foolishly think that belief in God can be taken away by drugs? Hundreds of millions throughout the world disagree with you.

<<I am also troubled when people make claims that "he was cured" followed by a revelation that "he later died" of the disease. It seems to me that people want to make "remission" mean the same thing as "cure" for the purposes of adding credibility to their tale. I find that disingenuous at best.>

Sorry that my honest story troubles you.

Keith

Keith

Keith
slave2six

<<Keith - Can you please use a smaller font? It's really hard to read the big print. It's distracting. Thanks.>>

There are 7 sizes available for posters. I use No 4 out of 7 sizes of the available texts which is equivalent to normal size 12 in word. That to me is reasonable.

I expect I could be pleased that my words dazzle you but as you have confessed in your profile that you have thrown Lord Jesus out of your life isn’t it more likely that it is my words in honour of Him that offend you?.

Keith

Keith

Keith
Do you find that all angels bust out rhymes, or was this one just feeling especially poetic?

Are you too polite to say doggerel as many do? I put in the punctuation marks where appropriate as I wrote down what I experienced. Holiness passed via humans will always be inferior to the original. The analogy is that the world’s finest violin will always sound inferior when played by a beginner.

Do you disagree with the moral behind the words?

Keith

Keith

Keith
I have only just re-found this site after losing the link so thought I would see if anyone would like to resurrect this thread as I have placed a link to my testimony ‘Phantoms of Reality’ and other writings on my profile which will help to explain why I write as I do.

Keith

jumpingjoy

Keith if you are the person I think you are, you have posted your diatribe on a number of British forums as a means of publicizing your videos, the response you receive is usually less than enthusiastic, to put it very politely!:eek:

Keith

Keith
Jumpingjoy. I don’t post for public acclaim only to draw attention to the dangers of dabbling with the occult. Neither do I post anonymously because Keith is my real name and my amateur videos were made by me, of me, in order to help readers judge if I am telling the truth.

Fortunately, some appreciate honesty, which makes it all worth while.

Keith

nrg

How come these spiritual events always occur when there's not a whole lot of witnesses and no way to document it, and once they do, everyone who witnessed it all ready had a foot in the door?

Faithfreedom

i gotta change my avatar
Dear Keith,
What do you think of this:
I had a nightmare and it seemed so real. In my dream, I saw a huge truck front - the radiator grill of which came swiftly and hit me at a terrific speed. I woke up in a start, trembling and shaken by fright.
I didn't feel like going to work on that day and thought of taking emergency leave.
However, i had an important meeting schedule on that day. So after i had calmed down, i told myself to take precautionary measures like riding slower, being more careful, etc, to mitigate the risks. All went well before lunch. So after that, i thought it was all over and i was just having a bad dream. So after lunch, i was back to my old self and Bang! had an accident and was thrown off my motorbike. Suffice to say that the accident was very bad, i was hospitalised but i survived and recovered with everything intact. Now ever since that, whenever any of the members of my family have any such bad dreams, we tell all members to be especially careful for that day and a few afterwards.

I asking your opinion as to whether such visions are from God or not?

Thank-you.

Keith

Keith
Nrg:How come these spiritual events always occur when there's not a whole lot of witnesses and no way to document it, and once they do, everyone who witnessed it all ready had a foot in the door?

Your assumptions are false so your conclusion is likewise.

Keith