• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exploring Theisms: Timeless/Eternal

Yoshua

A component of some theologies is the belief that god(s) are timeless or eternal. The god(s) have always been here, and will always be here. Coupled with this is often the notion that god(s) are that which preceded the existence of time and space as we understand them.

What are some examples of religions that consider their god(s) to be timeless or eternal? If you are a theist, do you feel your god(s) to have this quality?

Let's dig deeper. What does it mean for a god to have that quality? How does it affect how we regard it, or how we as humans relate to it?

Remember, this is a discussion thread, and not for debate. Let's share and learn about the theological perspectives of the world!
Hi Quintessence,

As Evangelical Christian, I believe that God is Eternal and timeless. He is truly God.
Deut.33:27
27. "The eternal God is a dwelling place,

Ps. 48:14
14. For such is God,
Our God forever and ever;
He will guide us until death.

Gen. 1:1
1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

We cannot reach the mind of God, and what he is thinking. There are things that belongs to God, and things that belongs to man.

Isa. 55:8-9
8. "For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Neither are your ways My ways," declares the Lord.
9. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.

Thanks