• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Explain this.

JustinJ86

The Bible says in Genesis 1:16, that…‘God created two lights, the greater light the Sun, to rule the day, and the lesser light the Moon, to rule the night. The actual translation, if you go to the Hebrew text, it is ‘lamps’…‘Lamps having lights of its own.’
If you read both the Verses – Genesis 1:16 and 17 it says…‘And Almighty God placed them in the firmament, to give light to the earth....’ Indicating, that Sun and the Moon have its own light - which is in contradiction with established scientific knowledge that we have. Today we come to know that the Moon is a reflected light, and not its own light.

Bishka

Veteran Member
JustinJ86 said:
The Bible says in Genesis 1:16, that…‘God created two lights, the greater light the Sun, to rule the day, and the lesser light the Moon, to rule the night. The actual translation, if you go to the Hebrew text, it is ‘lamps’…‘Lamps having lights of its own.’
If you read both the Verses – Genesis 1:16 and 17 it says…‘And Almighty God placed them in the firmament, to give light to the earth....’ Indicating, that Sun and the Moon have its own light - which is in contradiction with established scientific knowledge that we have. Today we come to know that the Moon is a reflected light, and not its own light.

And? What do you want me to prove? That the Bible is true? I already know that buddy.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
JustinJ86 said:

so the book written probably about 4000 years ago is not scientific, what's you point?

Bishka

Veteran Member
Mike182 said:
so the book written probably about 4000 years ago is not scientific, what's you point?

Exactly, it was not meant to be scientific, it was meant to be spiritual, enlightening, religious.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
beckysoup61 said:
Exactly, it was not meant to be scientific, it was meant to be spiritual, enlightening, religious.

God works in mysterious ways, to deny him the usage of allegory would be folly

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
YmirGF said:
My explanation is that these are fairy tales designed for uneducated children by people who had no business trying to explain what they did not understand.
i second that

Bishka

Veteran Member
JustinJ86 said:
Where knowledge ends, religion begins.

That's what you think. And I second Melody's words.

You think religion isn't knowledge? Well, that's everybody's own opinion. In religion I find so much knowledge.

JustinJ86

[FONT=century gothic, Arial, Helvetica]Millions of Germans had absolute faith in Hitler. Millions of Russians had faith in Stalin. Millions of Chinese had faith in Mao. Billions have had faith in imaginary gods.[/FONT]

Bishka

Veteran Member
JustinJ86 said:
[FONT=century gothic, Arial, Helvetica]Millions of Germans had absolute faith in Hitler. Millions of Russians had faith in Stalin. Millions of Chinese had faith in Mao. Billions have had faith in imaginary gods.[/FONT]

To you He may be imaginary, but to me He's as real as my computer, my husband, my refridgerator.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
JustinJ86 said:

God does not force obedience and subservience, hitler and the other dictators on the other hand....

Bishka

Veteran Member
You know what I find hilarious....that these 'atheists' come in here and demand that I explain a God that they dont' believe in to them....I'm wondering, what's the point?

JustinJ86

Mike182 said:
God does not force obedience and subservience, hitler and the other dictators on the other hand....

Indeed, you are correct. God will always have false missionaries to force obedience for him. How do you believe Christianity originally spread through Europe, through peace?

JustinJ86

beckysoup61 said:
You know what I find hilarious....that these 'atheists' come in here and demand that I explain a God that they dont' believe in to them....I'm wondering, what's the point?

I am no atheist.