• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experimental Tests of Theology

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I found this Scientific American opinion piece to be fun. He's not arguing that some claims are immediately testable but noting that it's possible that they might be someday. So if you like intellectual speculation with a certain to me sense of humor, go for it:

It's understandable why some people prefer not to test their beliefs, but evidence-based science teaches us that reality does not go away when you ignore it
if extraterrestrials sinned, then multiple Christs should have appeared on these exoplanets to save them, a possibility resented by the Church.” Indeed, this is the latest interpretation of Bruno's heresy. In an attempt to add a scientific tone to the discussion, I noted that astronomers now know that a major fraction of all sunlike stars host habitable Earth-size planets. We can therefore test this theology by asking extraterrestrial civilizations that had sinned whether they witnessed Christ.
the philosopher Martin Buber noted that the biggest dispute between Christianity and Judaism stems from Christianity’s claim that the Messiah had arrived and will return, whereas Judaism maintains that the Messiah will come in the future for the first time. Why argue? asked Buber; since both sides agree that the Messiah will arrive in the future, let’s wait until that moment and then simply ask the Messiah: have you been here before?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I found this Scientific American opinion piece to be fun. He's not arguing that some claims are immediately testable but noting that it's possible that they might be someday. So if you like intellectual speculation with a certain to me sense of humor, go for it:

It's understandable why some people prefer not to test their beliefs, but evidence-based science teaches us that reality does not go away when you ignore it
if extraterrestrials sinned, then multiple Christs should have appeared on these exoplanets to save them, a possibility resented by the Church.” Indeed, this is the latest interpretation of Bruno's heresy. In an attempt to add a scientific tone to the discussion, I noted that astronomers now know that a major fraction of all sunlike stars host habitable Earth-size planets. We can therefore test this theology by asking extraterrestrial civilizations that had sinned whether they witnessed Christ.
the philosopher Martin Buber noted that the biggest dispute between Christianity and Judaism stems from Christianity’s claim that the Messiah had arrived and will return, whereas Judaism maintains that the Messiah will come in the future for the first time. Why argue? asked Buber; since both sides agree that the Messiah will arrive in the future, let’s wait until that moment and then simply ask the Messiah: have you been here before?
And if no Messiah ever arrives?

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

You haven't told us, which kind of science and reality you believe in?

PureX

Veteran Member
The logical solution to this argument very simple: the "messiah" is already here; in the guise of science. Woohoo! We're all right, and we're all saved!!!

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Mass. O God natural planet form.

Mass heavens

Mass not defined by one.

Variables of multi bodies.

Theist human. Looks back.

Says the next consciousness less body owned an ape. By one whole body.

Water is water.
Oxygen is oxygen.

Variation how much radiation changes the bodies living within the mass

Mass bodies variable also.

One group human thinkers want to alter mass to get energy. Quote it minus one. Mass

Yet the thinker said an ape is minus one his body first.

Rationality....no such circumstances minus one.

Humans by mass get group attacked. Yet each self original human is one self a holy self.

Mutated sick.

It takes a long time for radiation to go away. Womb vacuum has to deal with it.

So in the future a mass of humans expected to get returned by mass human selves to a healed life body.

The expectation. I magnetic intensity would change. AH oxygen breath would return in mass.

Holy water.
Holy spirit's.
Holy breath of life in mass.

Sacrifice was the masses not just one human. Teaching one human is all humans got sacrificed the teaching.

Argument was never literally one human. One human is a human.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
if extraterrestrials sinned, then multiple Christs should have appeared ...
Is this truly what some view as meeting the threshold of "intellectual speculation"? And folks wonder why we find ourselves bobbing around in some cesspool of alternant facts.