• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experiences with demons/spirits

VioletVortex

Actually, a demon is a spirit of being that provokes a thought. I think that they are defined as an "inspirational being." I'm not sure what the reality is, though. I believe in demons, but I haven't seen one.

Also, on what Mindmaster said, I completely agree. The Satanic Bible is kind of a Magick toy.
It has some good advice, but it dosen't represent true Satanism.
What do you recommend to use as a point of reference for Satanism?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Actually, a demon is a spirit of being that provokes a thought. I think that they are defined as an "inspirational being." I'm not sure what the reality is, though. I believe in demons, but I haven't seen one.

Also, on what Mindmaster said, I completely agree. The Satanic Bible is kind of a Magick toy.
It has some good advice, but it dosen't represent true Satanism.
What do you recommend to use as a point of reference for Satanism?

Satan's Den would probably be my first stop for theistic Satanism these days. Satan's Den | Theistic Satanism and Demonolatry

He's a pretty good example of a not-screwed-in-the-head-theistic. =) Resources are everywhere on that site.

Not to "dis" on Setians or anything, but they have nothing to nearly do with Satanism for the last 40 years. They've dropped the philosophy, the aesthetics, and went on and did their own thing, and are probably better off. =)

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Not to "dis" on Setians or anything, but they have nothing to nearly do with Satanism for the last 40 years. They've dropped the philosophy, the aesthetics, and went on and did their own thing, and are probably better off. =)

What Mindmaster says here is for the most part correct. However, I think the teachings of Dr. Michael Aquino can resonate with both Setians and certain non-LaVeyan Satanic practitioners of the Black Arts. It most certainly transcends anything else out there that is being vomited forth by Gilmore or Vera, or any other number of pseudo-practitioners.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I was awakened this morning from a dream where I was working in my office, and I turned towards a doorway and hanging there was a hooded black robe, which came alive and began moving towards me. I admit I was frightened with goose bumps all over, chilled me, but I held out my arms and said "here I am". The black robed figure enveloped me and then I woke up, saying "what the ****?" There have been other times I have encountered this black robed figure in my dreams, and even though it may have frightened me, I always wanted to embrace it. It could be a figment of my imagination or perhaps a form of the Prince of Darkness trying to communicate with me, I don't know. It is a curiosity to me at times.

null4.GIF

Last edited:

Mindmaster

Premium Member
This is a DIR. That being said non-LHP people are prohibited from posting answers to questions. Most spiritual LHP practitioners do not agree with any of these superstitions...

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
What I can relate is what I experienced when I first invoked Set, the ancient Egyptian god of darkness;
I outstretched my arms and looked up at the night sky and began reciting an invocation of Set. Immediately an intense inspiration, warmth, peace, and electrical like energy enveloped me as if a bolt of lightning had struck me and infused within my very being an awesome sense of bliss and heightened awareness. New insights and perceptions began racing through my mind, and I remember feeling a sensation like I was floating or was being levitated. It seemed as if my mind had become merged with that of another; something ancient and far more intelligent. :smileycat:

Set is the only thing, as far as "entities" go, that I am certain exists. Sure I referenced gods in a pagan way, but they all represent some part of the ordered universe. Set shattered that order for me on our first encounter, and then seemed pleased when I sought after him again anyways.

Aset's Flames

Viperine Asetian
Hello everyone i'm interessed in satanism and i was since a young age but i never took any steps forward and i only dabbled,really. Main reason is that i'm afraid of demons/spirits. What are your personnal experiences? Will demons scare you? Are they going to stay in front of your bed at 2 p.m scaring the **** ou of you when you wake up ? Or is that only media portrayal of them? . Can you guys enlighten me on this .

They are even more varied than humans, it is best not to generalize about spirits.

Rapha

The black robed figure enveloped me and then I woke up, saying "what the ****?" There have been other times I have encountered this black robed figure in my dreams, and even though it may have frightened me, I always wanted to embrace it. It could be a figment of my imagination or perhaps a form of the Prince of Darkness trying to communicate with me, I don't know. It is a curiosity to me at times.

null4.GIF
Sorry cannot help with what you witnessed as it is the truth and against forum rules.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Sorry cannot help with what you witnessed as it is the truth and against forum rules.

I was just relaying a dream I had the other night, not seeking help in understanding it. :smilecat: It was just a mild curiosity.

Another mild curiosity is when I was about 5-7 years old I would have this dream on a regular basis of a woman in a black hooded robe standing at the foot of my bed holding a black book. She would gaze into my eyes like she was staring into my soul. As a young child a thought she was a "nightmare". Perhaps she was the manifestation of something else. ;)

Interestingly enough, Set was also known as the Giver or Sender of Nightmares.

Last edited:

Rapha

a woman in a black hooded robe standing at the foot of my bed holding a black book.
Was she standing or levitating. Standing is probably a witch. Levitating would be a banshee or female rapha.

Usually imagining her before falling asleep would open up a gateway to her domain. The question is, is she working for a fallen seraph or working alone ?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Was she standing or levitating. Standing is probably a witch. Levitating would be a banshee or female rapha.

She was always at the foot of my bed I never saw her feet, so I don't know if she was standing or levitated.

ThirtyThree

Yes, I have had experiences with *demons", some more unnerving than others. For example, I woke with numerous scratches on my legs a few nights ago. I did not cause these, I have no pets, and it is not the first time this has happened either, nor will it likely be the last.

They visit at their leisure and do as they please.

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
Yes, I have had experiences with *demons", some more unnerving than others. For example, I woke with numerous scratches on my legs a few nights ago. I did not cause these, I have no pets, and it is not the first time this has happened either, nor will it likely be the last.

They visit at their leisure and do as they please.
So why did they scratch you?

Luciferi Baphomet

Lucifer, is my Liberator
To make me aware of their presence, to play with me, to mark me. They do this for numerous reasons. In this case, it was to mark me.
I actually have a demon. I remember one night a few years ago I smelled his dead corpse. I also have felt his presence before, it actually did feel cold. He was a WW2 German soldier btw. His name is Samael. He and I were spiritually engaged at one point. Before my husband and I met Samael actually loved me more than my own step parents did. I remember he would put hearts in the sky all the time.

ThirtyThree

I actually have a demon. I remember one night a few years ago I smelled his dead corpse. I also have felt his presence before, it actually did feel cold. He was a WW2 German soldier btw. His name is Samael. He and I were spiritually engaged at one point. Before my husband and I met Samael actually loved me more than my own step parents did. I remember he would put hearts in the sky all the time.

Okay. I believe the dead know not and speak not. I also do not call the spirits the dead as demons. Demons are of the "infernal" host.