• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Experiences with demons/spirits

Decebal5

Hello everyone i'm interessed in satanism and i was since a young age but i never took any steps forward and i only dabbled,really. Main reason is that i'm afraid of demons/spirits. What are your personnal experiences? Will demons scare you? Are they going to stay in front of your bed at 2 p.m scaring the **** ou of you when you wake up ? Or is that only media portrayal of them? . Can you guys enlighten me on this .

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
If you have these fears, you probably shouldn't embark on paths involving the taboo, though not for the reason that Hollywood would have you believe. But let me ask you a question:

What, to you, is a demon or spirit?

Decebal5

If you have these fears, you probably shouldn't embark on paths involving the taboo, though not for the reason that Hollywood would have you believe. But let me ask you a question:

What, to you, is a demon or spirit?
Well i don't believe in the hollywood version of the demons actually. To me demons are spirits with free will that are part of the whole just like us except the fact that they have no body. Spirits are deceased humans either bad or good but all this is relative to one conception of good and evil. I am just wondering how do demons react when first called on ? Will they attack me ? Try to scare me like i read on some blogs ? I just want to be sure i don't embark on a crazy adventure

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
What I can relate is what I experienced when I first invoked Set, the ancient Egyptian god of darkness;
I outstretched my arms and looked up at the night sky and began reciting an invocation of Set. Immediately an intense inspiration, warmth, peace, and electrical like energy enveloped me as if a bolt of lightning had struck me and infused within my very being an awesome sense of bliss and heightened awareness. New insights and perceptions began racing through my mind, and I remember feeling a sensation like I was floating or was being levitated. It seemed as if my mind had become merged with that of another; something ancient and far more intelligent. :smileycat:

Decebal5

What I can relate is what I experienced when I first invoked Set, the ancient Egyptian god of darkness;
I outstretched my arms and looked up at the night sky and began reciting an invocation of Set. Immediately an intense inspiration, warmth, peace, and electrical like energy enveloped me as if a bolt of lightning had struck me and infused within my very being an awesome sense of bliss and heightenelreness. New insights and perceptions began racing through my mind, and I remember feeling a sensation like I was floating or was being levitated. It seemed as if my mind had become merged with that of another; something ancient and far more intelligent. :smileycat:
I really like your description, it must have been an awesome experience ! I know you are a Setian and i reas about Setians and i'm curious do you personnally believe in Set as a God Or as a dark energy that is inside all of us? I am interessed by the temple of Set and i thought about becoming a member but i just can't because of my christian parents who would freak out if they see anything related to demons,satan or "evil". As a member how did the temple help you on your path ? P.S: sorry for my bad grammar , english is not my main la guage

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Two disclaimers: 1) I don't think one needs to work with spirits to be LHP. If it doesn't appeal to you for personal reasons, just don't do it. 2) I don't believe that spirits are real in the objective sense, but I do believe in the experience of demons. Our mind contains enough wonders and horrors on its own and they can manifest in sensations that most definitely are real. In the end it doesn't really matter where they come from.

So, I've had both good and bad experiences with spirits. My worst ones have always involved other people, i.e. their demons that I've been naive enough to take as my own. They can scare you and follow you around if you let them, but demons can just as well be valuable guides for exploring you hidden self. I used to actively work with spirits for years and the lesson I eventually learned was that I wasn't afraid of any demon or spirit as much as I was afraid of myself. I believe that when we learn to love the demons that manifest to us, however violent, twisted and horrifying they are, we will learn to love ourselves and those around us. It also teaches about setting boundaries and standing up for ourself.

That isn't to say I've only encountered malicious entities. I've met mentors, guides, tricksters and also, for lack of a better word, gods. When you open yourself up to the possibility, you might experience the same thing -- or you don't. Be aware of the fact that ultimately you choose what sort of reality you walk into. Don't be ignorant of that choice. If anyone (me included) tells you something you don't like or don't want to believe in, then banish it from your mind and don't let it affect you. I'm not a big fan of banishing demons, but there are plenty of ideas that do benefit from the old fashioned "get thee behind me" treatment.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I really like your description, it must have been an awesome experience ! I know you are a Setian and i reas about Setians and i'm curious do you personnally believe in Set as a God Or as a dark energy that is inside all of us?

Disclaimer) I am a Setian but am currently not a member of the ToS, though I was a member for about 6.5 years. Set or the Prince of Darkness, to me, is a Self-Aware Being and is the Ageless Intelligence of this Universe and is the primordial source for all other sentient and intelligent life forms within this Universe.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Two disclaimers: 1) I don't think one needs to work with spirits to be LHP. If it doesn't appeal to you for personal reasons, just don't do it. 2) I don't believe that spirits are real in the objective sense, but I do believe in the experience of demons.

I am with you on this Infinitum, for me the Neteru or daimons are primarily not literal living entities but are symbols and divine principles which can help guide us on the Path of Becoming. Further more, as a Setian I do not work with just the Egyptian neteru, but also other daimons such as Leviathan and Lucifer which individually are of Hebrew and Roman descent. :smileycat:

Decebal5

I am with you on this Infinitum, for me the Neteru or daimons are primarily not literal living entities but are symbols and divine principles which can help guide us on the Path of Becoming. Further more, as a Setian I do not work with just the Egyptian neteru, but also other daimons such as Leviathan and Lucifer which individually are of Hebrew and Roman descent. :smileycat:
Wow you guys are really advanced on this path. i can only bow in respect. I knew a little bit about the mind and i know that ultimately you have control over your own reality. With that being said what was the first step or first "spirit" you guys worked with? I know it's different for everybody but is their any entity i should first seek contact with ? Adramelek i agree with your description of Set/Satan/ultimate reality. For me Zamolxe is the ultimate reality . (Zamolxe is a romanian pagan god) and he is at the same time inside and outside me .

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
Call me boring, but I strongly think one needs to start with themselves before they think about dealing with other entities. Get into the habit of meditating or keeping a diary, any sort of tool that allows you to become more conscious of traits you generally don't want to think too much about. Otherwise there is a risk, in my experience, that those unconscious things manifest in whatever you intended to summon -- which is generally not the situation you want to be in.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
@Infinitum already stole most of the thunder of where I was going with that earlier question. :D

The only other thing I have to add to it is that whenever one works with the taboo – whether it goes under the moniker of LHP or not – it is best done from a position of strength. If you've already come into your own power – you know who you are, and you have a strong will, good self-confidence, robust health, personal resilience – there's little to nothing to worry about. If you've got shaky self-esteem, are fearfully questioning, are in poor health, have undeveloped coping skills, or have any sort of mental health condition, that's entirely something else. There's much to be said for trial by fire and the learning that comes from self-destruction, and there are many tales about precisely this sort of thing in the lore of the ages, but it's not something to be taken lightly.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
I would never go into the working of the demonic with someone until they understand the machinations of their ego and emotional makeup. The problem with all of this is that impressions from such beings are received as thoughts or feelings initially, and logically that could be problematic if you don't fully understand what your own thoughts are. You could literally be driven like a horse over the cliff and deep into madness provided you fail to do these initial steps. Those I have guided are not shown how to work magic until all of their inner demons are tamed. Without being able to control one's faculties you are just asking for failure and asking for trouble. (Really, this applies to your whole life... but, anyway...)

I don't speculate on the nature of demons or even Satan as there is no way to directly know whether they are parts of us, or independent and it is also possible that the real answer is: "both." It is impossible to really explain it in a logical fashion other than for functional purposes it seems to behave as though they are there, so acting as such is a matter of convenience... This gap in the apparent nature of the thing doesn't have to be filled to work with the tools, so I reject any presumptions in that regard. Theistic Satanists feel this dialogue is sacred and cherish it, and really is the source of their religiousness; the devil is in the details though -- a theistic Satanist isn't blindly following an imaginary being the way Christians do.

Satanism is a head on approach. Do the things that scare you, seek the answers first hand. This is one thing most that call themselves 'Satanist' can agree on.

Decebal5

Satanism is a head on approach. Do the things that scare you, seek the answers first hand. This is one thing most that call themselves 'Satanist' can agree on.
Thank you guys a lot ! All this have been really useful. But what does taming my own demons exactly means ? How do you do that, how do you meditate on yourself ?

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
As for meditation, there are so many varieties it's practically up to you to try them and see what seems to suit you. If that's too much work, you can start with simply sitting down in a calm place and listening to your own thoughts. Most people find that the moment they slow down, their mind fills with all sorts of stray ideas.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Some references that would probably be useful in regard to psychology:

Undoing Yourself with Energized Meditation and Other Devices by Christopher Hyatt (This book is a constant mind-screw - if it is pissing you off it's working... lol)
Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson (Leary's Eight Circuit Model, etc.)
The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution by P.D. Ouspensky (Other stuff on The Fourth Way, as well)

I think that if one's ego isn't moving to one's whip all sorts of problems occur, and this is the goal of some of these texts.

If you can make it through this then you might be starting to be useful. Anyway, good luck!

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Thank you guys a lot ! All this have been really useful. But what does taming my own demons exactly means ? How do you do that, how do you meditate on yourself ?

Greetings again Decebal5, as you know a first entered into the realms of Black Magick as a Satanist, all Magicians have heightened senses and emotions and in my early years when I would feel depressed or anger, some kind of annoying anxiety what I did was perform my own sort of Conjuration of Compassion for my self as articulated in the "Satanic Bible" by Anton LaVey - and for me every time it worked. I would begin by lighting two or more black candles and gaze into the sigil of Baphomet (or inverse pentagram) and in the background would be playing Yngwie Malmsteen's "Icarus' Dream Suite". I would recite the "Invocation of Satan" (but you can always substitute "Satan" for the name of whatever Daimon you feel a strong connection or kinship with), I would then recite the "Compassion Conjuration". Contemplate and meditate for a while, however long you wish, on your self and what it is you wish to tame, and then speak and confide to Satan or whatever Daimon you have conjured as you would a friend, without fear, don't hold back, let the tears flow if they may. You will know when the rite is complete, there may be a feeling of exhaustion on your part. Always be thankful for what you receive through Magic. :smileycat: Decebal5 if you wish, I could send you a Setian version of this rite by private message.

Last edited:

Decebal5

Greetings again Decebal5, as you know a first entered into the realms of Black Magick as a Satanist, all Magicians have heightened senses and emotions and in my early years when I would feel depressed or anger, some kind of annoying anxiety what I did was perform my own sort of Conjuration of Compassion for my self as articulated in the "Satanic Bible" by Anton LaVey - and for me every time it worked. I would begin by lighting two or more black candles and gaze into the sigil of Baphomet (or inverse pentagram) and in the background would be playing Yngwie Malmsteen's "Icarus' Dream Suite". I would recite the "Invocation of Satan" (but you can always substitute "Satan" for the name of whatever Daimon you feel a strong connection or kinship with), I would then recite the "Compassion Conjuration". Contemplate and meditate for a while, however long you wish, on your self and what it is you wish to tame, and then speak and confide to Satan or whatever Daimon you have conjured as you would a friend, without fear, don't hold back, let the tears flow if they may. You will know when the rite is complete, there may be a feeling of exhaustion on your part. Always be thankful for what you receive through Magic. :smileycat: Decebal5 if you wish, I could send you a Setian version of this rite by private message.

Thank you very much ! I would try to do that . As for the setian version i would really like if you could send it to me i would really appreciate it

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Thank you very much ! I would try to do that . As for the setian version i would really like if you could send it to me i would really appreciate it

I'd caution against using The Satanic Bible as any sort of reference at this point. Also, some people are too stupid to know what Baphomet means. Please learn about the mystical use of it if that is your concern -- it is not what LaVey Satanists use it for.

S_J

Call me boring, but I strongly think one needs to start with themselves before they think about dealing with other entities. Get into the habit of meditating or keeping a diary, any sort of tool that allows you to become more conscious of traits you generally don't want to think too much about. Otherwise there is a risk, in my experience, that those unconscious things manifest in whatever you intended to summon -- which is generally not the situation you want to be in.

Nothing against the basic idea to learn how to observe, BUT ... well, I doubt trying to find out who you "are" is useful as a given or as a prerequisite to invite or invoke or work with deities or spirits. For, ususally, as soon as an invocation really works .. that thing that has been you will change.
Writing diaries from time to time, comparing what you regard as being "yourself" might help that thing that currently is you to observe and evaluate whether some change was positive, helpful, and maybe understand. But, actually ... at the moment you're really getting into it, you'll understand that there is no way to know what you will be "afterwards". Nor what the way is.

I recommend to train the habit to watch oneself anyway. But you should be aware that, if there is some kind of control in this whole process, this control will not be exercised by the instance of yourself I'd call "rational mind". This thing is quite to slow and narrow to get any kind of a complete picture. That is, if you ask me. Which of course you don't need do :)