• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution of what?

Tomef

Many evolutionists are so obsessed with the idea of a chain of related animals that they forget that the environment around them must have evolved along with or faster than these animals' supposed biological evolution, or else they would not have survived in a hostile environment like the one that suggests a universe in formation.

Why do evolutionists limit their evolutionary theory only to animals, and forget about the environment that also had to be transformed to welcome them upon their "evolutionary" arrival?

For example: when did the water appear in the evolution of the animals? :eek:
Lol I think this has to be one of the most successful examples of Poe’s law I’ve ever seen.

Last edited:

Eli G

The Bible says that after the Deluge there was first a confusion of languages caused by God Himself in a single community settled in the same place. After that confusion, everyone joined those who understood them and the different groups isolated themselves from each other and went out to different places forming different linguistic communities. So different languages emerged at the same time.

Have evolutionists ever coordinated the emergence of different ancient languages with the supposedly different isolated groups of apes that are compared to civilized humans?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The Bible says that after the Deluge there was first a confusion of languages caused by God Himself in a single community settled in the same place. After that confusion, everyone joined those who understood them and the different groups isolated themselves from each other and went out to different places forming different linguistic communities. So different languages emerged at the same time.

Have evolutionists ever coordinated the emergence of different ancient languages with the supposedly different isolated groups of apes that are compared to civilized humans?

After the flood?

Surely it killed everyone other than those on the ark.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

how long ago was this Deluge?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Your question is really better directed towards someone who is a philologist. I'm not sure that anyone in this forum would be able to sufficiently answer.

From what I've read, they pretty much know that language PREDATES our becoming homo sapiens. They say this based on two things:
1. That more primitive hominid species had the necessary sort of larynx to be able to form the myriads of sounds that humans make.
2. That others species have language. For example, chimps have more than 400 different combinations of yells that have distinct meanings.

More information than that is simply above my pay grade. :)

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Based on the size of their wings and their weight, bees are not supposed to fly as easily as they do. According to physical laws, this is impossible, because they weigh too much compared to the size and fragility of their wings. How did a supposedly blind evolution produce such a feat if according to known laws that result cannot be possible?
According to physical law, bee flight is possible. One doesn't even need to know what those laws are to see a bee fly and conclude that bee flight is not impossible. This is a nice illustration of the series of incredulity fallacies that creationists offer. They declare something impossible for nature to achieve without gods. Here come some more:
Have you ever seen the many different varieties of pheasant that exist and their different colors? What blind evolution produces that result?
Just as evolution was up to generating flight, it generated colorful pheasants.

But these things are not for you to understand. You've devoted your life to NOT understanding them, and you will take that unknowing to the grave.
The Bible says that after the Deluge there was first a confusion of languages caused by God Himself in a single community settled in the same place.
That's exactly what we would expect without gods. The tree of languages branches like the tree of life and like the tree of religions. Only one of those is biological evolution, the other two being cultural evolution, but the principles are the same - change over time and across generations.
the Creator of animals is the best artist that can ever exist.
Nature appreciates the compliment. There is no evidence that gods were involved.

Ajax

I am accustomed to the idea of a direct creation by God in different stages, each one giving rise to the conditions that would be needed for the next creation... and so on for six stages called "days" in the Bible. It is even said that from time to time God inspected what he had just created or formed to see if it could be considered excellent (Gen. 1:10,12,18,21,25).

Why are evolutionist so focused only in the alleged "evolution" of animals if the environment must have change also?

I want to hear more about it; you, guys, are reading just a paragraph of that story of fiction, but people need the whole story, like the one I learn out of the Bible
You haven't learned much from the Bible, otherwise you wouldn't write about six stages called "days". Genesis 1 states literal days, not stages and this is confirmed in the Bible.
Exodus 20:11 "For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy."
What? Is the Bible wrong? :)

Also I have never heard of stages (long periods of time), each one having one evening and one morning.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Also I have never heard of stages (long periods of time), each one having one evening and one morning.
I'm sure that you recognize that as biblical revisionism. The story was obviously meant to mean six literal days of creation and one of rest comprising the 6-day work week complete with weekend.

But that story, like all other creation myths, has been upended by science and its scientific creation story, and the non-literalist believer must reinterpret the story in light of those facts to try to keep it appearing as the god of Abraham did it the way the scientists say it happened, and so a day can't mean a literal day. I usually see them called ages rather than stages as in "that day and age," but this word attempts to redefine a day as any extended period of time.

It's unusual for a creation myth to include a timeline. They all feature some agent or agents creating the world in a series of acts of creation, but none have timelines. It's also unusual to say that the gods needed to rest afterward:

"The mighty Marduk took his club and split Tiamat’s body in half. He placed half of her body in the sky and made the heavens. He created the moon to guard the heavens, and set it moving back and forth, on endless patrol. With the other half of Tiamat's body he made the land."​

Or

"Odin, Vili, and Vé killed the giant Ymir. The sons of Bor then ... made the world (matter) from him. From his blood they made the sea and the lakes; from his flesh the earth; from his hair the trees; and from his bones the mountains. They made rocks and pebbles from his teeth and jaws and those bones that were broken. Maggots appeared in Ymir's flesh and came to life (life). By the decree of the gods they acquired human understanding and the appearance of men"​

Odin and Tiamat didn't need a specific amount of time or a vacation after creating their worlds. So why did the ancient Hebrews do that? Why did the god of Abraham need to rest?

I'm guessing that the timeline and the work week was added later, after the nomadic Hebrews became civilized. Who benefits from the advent of the work week with a weekend free from labor? Suggested answer: the priesthood and the collection plate, a consequence of settling in large communities with a central synagogue with dedicated, fulltime priests. This made it necessary for people who were formally nomads traveling with some kind of holy man who also worked and supported himself to travel to the temple on a regular basis to support the now idle priests and receive indoctrination. And for many that meant taking time from work to travel with the family to and from the synagogue and sit there for several hours.

I think that's when and why the work week with its day of rest was created. Why a week? The three natural cycles are the 24-hour day, the 29.5-day month, and the 365.25-day year. Daily trips to the temple are too frequent and thus don't make sense, but monthly and yearly visits were too far apart, so a new cycle was created for this purpose of tithing every seven days.

And this raises another question. Why is keeping the Sabbath one of the Ten Commandments? Why did people have to be ordered to observe it under threat of death? And why does it have such a place of prominence in the list, first after the three instructions regarding paying homage to the deity? and before all the rules on how people are to treat one another:
  • “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”
  • “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.”
  • “Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.”
  • “Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.”
  • “Honour thy father and thy mother.”
  • “Thou shalt not kill.”
  • “Thou shalt not commit adultery.”
  • “Thou shalt not steal.”
  • "Thou shalt not lie."
  • "Thou shalt not covet."
The likely answer in my opinion is that there was a transformation in human culture from a time when all able-bodied people worked every day, as in the Hebrew's nomadic days. A new work ethic was necessary to accommodate the need for people to travel to and from a temple. Whereas once it was unacceptable to take a day off for anything less than illness, it now was necessary to make the opposite true, and so, it became a sin to not do that. Put down that plowshare and shepherd's crook one day a week and take the family to synagogue, since it can't come to you.

All of this seems more than just possible to me. It seems likely. Taking a day off from working and giving money every week is expensive, but served the priesthood, who are undoubtedly the authors of that timeline.

What do you think?

Ajax

I'm sure that you recognize that as biblical revisionism. The story was obviously meant to mean six literal days of creation and one of rest comprising the 6-day work week complete with weekend....... What do you think?
I fully agree, especially on your last sentence.
The reason I wrote about the Exodus verse, was to show that if one believes in the inerrancy of the Bible (like the creation story), can not cherry pick and not accept the Exodus verse.

gnostic

The Lost One

First of, there were never the Flood as described in the myth of Noah.

And the story of only one language spoken, then God instantly made them speak multiple languages so they don’t understand one another, is another myth that never happened.

From the 4th millennium BCE, in Egypt, they spoke different language than that of people living in pre-Sumerian Mesopotamia. They independently invented their own written system between 3500 and 3200 BCE.

Their languages, both spoken and written, independently became more fully developed by the 3rd millennium BCE.

There were many languages spoken in these 2 millennia but majority of these cultures have no writings systems of their own.

The Semitic Akkadia-spoken people, didn’t created their own writing system…instead they adopted the Sumerian cuneiform, just as many other cultures did In the following millennium, the 2nd millennium BCE, such as those who lived in Elam, the Mitanni city states, the Hittite kingdom, Ugarit and Canaan, etc.

What you are talking about, just never happened, so you are making baseless points.

Second, the theory of Evolution is about genetic variation & diversity of the populations. Evolution isn’t a study of languages, linguistics or philology. It’s biology, not linguistics or philology.

You are still making pointless & irrelevant arguments that have nothing to do with evolutionary biology.

Eli G

If intellectual evolution goes hand in hand with biological evolution, why are there no advanced civilizations among animals? :shrug:

Eli G

If intellectual evolution goes hand in hand with biological evolution, why are there no advanced civilizations among animals?:shrug:
Evolutionists disguise this reality by looking outside the earth, with so many living beings that exist here on this planet. Isn't it ironic? :)

Eli G

At this point in a supposed evolution of billions and billions of years, some other "animal" civilization would exist on this same planet. Perhaps a community of intellectual cats that study the cosmos in the middle of some lost jungle... :cool: