• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution of Human

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Now that I am at home and able to watch the video it is beyond obvious that this isn't a scientific experiment. This is in fact him doing what he does best and that is being an illusionist. There are NO double blind scientific studies that have been peer reviewed that have supported evidence of psychic phenomenon between twins.

There are similar behavioral patterns in twins because they share almost identical DNA. Half of our personality is genetic.

How you explain sharing their feelings by distance,not true,just lies.
So it is only what you want to believe.

Do you believe about Telepathy,or it is just lies and waste of time.

[youtube]AdmyUEVLRAM[/youtube]
Naked Science - Telepathy - YouTube

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Yeah, I don't think any animal has a language like ours either (with the same complexity, grammatical structures, etc.), but the idea of animals having language doesn't seem certainly wrong in and of itself.

I think there might be some miscommunication here due to a language barrier, so just to be sure: When you said that animals "talk" and have their own languages, you meant that they have a way of communicating with each other and not that they literally talk (as in, pronounce words like humans do), correct? If so, I agree.

Of course,never similar to humans,actually that was my point.:)

Thief

Rogue Theologian

I believe in it.
It's just not common as we are still flesh.

But dead men don't have words as we do now.
Later on.....it will be mind to mind.....heart to heart.
As if you were naked.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

[youtube]AdmyUEVLRAM[/youtube]
Naked Science - Telepathy - YouTube

Wow. I state that there is no difinitive scientific proof so you raise the false dichotomy of "either Your a liar or they are a liars"?

Provide scientific evidence for twin telepathy. There are some interesting things in the fields of science about telepathy and what it actually is. I have taken a large interest in it in the past and continue to.

It still changes nothing. Anecdotal evidence, lies or otherwise, are non-admissible as evidence in scientific matters. And even further why would telepathy (which has been the work of naturalistic science fiction for the longest time) be evidence of a soul? It seems you are getting off track.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Wow. I state that there is no difinitive scientific proof so you raise the false dichotomy of "either Your a liar or they are a liars"?

Provide scientific evidence for twin telepathy. There are some interesting things in the fields of science about telepathy and what it actually is. I have taken a large interest in it in the past and continue to.

It still changes nothing. Anecdotal evidence, lies or otherwise, are non-admissible as evidence in scientific matters. And even further why would telepathy (which has been the work of naturalistic science fiction for the longest time) be evidence of a soul? It seems you are getting off track.

Not getting the point yet.

Do you believe first about telepathy and twins share the same feelings with distance ?
if you don't believe on those things then there is no need for me to explain it to you as you don't think it to be true.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Not getting the point yet.

Do you believe first about telepathy and twins share the same feelings with distance ?
if you don't believe on those things then there is no need for me to explain it to you as you don't think it to be true.

I don't think there is enough evidence to say it is fact no. If that is what your getting at.

FranklinMichaelV.3

i think you missed the point.

It is Jonhanks that says i was wrong in scientific means as to say that animals have its own languages, so i show him that it is already agreed by other members and my discussion was even to show that humans are more advanced than animals whereas other members were against me and they agree that animals are also intelligent and have their own ways of talking.

But he wasn't wrong no animals have languages in the same sense that we do. He didn't say they didn't have a language or talk. It's just not something you can relate to people.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
But he wasn't wrong no animals have languages in the same sense that we do. He didn't say they didn't have a language or talk. It's just not something you can relate to people.

And did i say that animals have a language in the same sense as to humans which makes him to point it out as a scientific mistake of mine.

Actually i was pointing out that humans differ from animals,not only by language but also by intelligence.

The silliest of all that he says that he just brought to discussion few of my scientific mistakes which means that there are a lot left for the next surprise.

shawn001

Human speech of course evolved with the evolution of a voicebox.

Feargod, do you know anything about Homo floresiensis nicknamed the "Hobbit"

If your arguing against evolution you already lost the battle. It is a scientific fact and a scientific theory.

If your arguing for ID which is basically creationism repackaged because it didn't work the first time round, show any scientific proof evidence you have, don't bet around the bush so to speak.

You can say ID and that could be Aliens even. Prove it wasn't?

You have also missed a ton of evidence on evolution of the entire planet.

We breath Oxygen, because billions of years ago cynobacteria which evolved photosynthesis, created the oxygen and changed our atmosphere.

When the earth first formed it did not have the atmosphere we have today and you would not be able to breath let alone communicate. You would be dead for many reasons though not just oxygen.

Scientific American

The Origin of Oxygen in Earth's Atmosphere

The breathable air we enjoy today originated from tiny organisms, although the details remain lost in geologic time

"So how did Earth end up with an atmosphere made up of roughly 21 percent of the stuff?

The answer is tiny organisms known as cyanobacteria, or blue-green algae. These microbes conduct photosynthesis: using sunshine, water and carbon dioxide to produce carbohydrates and, yes, oxygen. In fact, all the plants on Earth incorporate symbiotic cyanobacteria (known as chloroplasts) to do their photosynthesis for them down to this day.

For some untold eons prior to the evolution of these cyanobacteria, during the Archean eon, more primitive microbes lived the real old-fashioned way: anaerobically. These ancient organisms—and their "extremophile" descendants today—thrived in the absence of oxygen, relying on sulfate for their energy needs.

The Origin of Oxygen in Earth Atmosphere: Scientific American

Introduction to the Cyanobacteria

Architects of earth's atmosphere

Cyanobacteria are aquatic and photosynthetic, that is, they live in the water, and can manufacture their own food. Because they are bacteria, they are quite small and usually unicellular, though they often grow in colonies large enough to see. They have the distinction of being the oldest known fossils, more than 3.5 billion years old, in fact! It may surprise you then to know that the cyanobacteria are still around; they are one of the largest and most important groups of bacteria on earth.

Introduction to the Cyanobacteria

Early 'see-sawing' Earth experienced hazy shades of life

" Earth's early atmosphere fluctuated between 'organic haze' and a 'haze-free' environment similar to that of Saturn's moon, Titan, a new study has revealed.
And this switch over 2.5 billion years ago was the result of intense microbial activity and would have had a profound effect on the climate of the Earth system.

Research, led by experts at Newcastle University, UK, revealed that the Earth's early atmosphere periodically flipped from a hydrocarbon-free state into a hydrocarbon-rich state."

Early 'see-sawing' Earth experienced hazy shades of life - Yahoo! News India

Fossil raindrops reveal early atmosphere

Fossil raindrops reveal early atmosphere › News in Science (ABC Science)

Can you breath Methane, or primarily natural gas?

Your breathing Oxygen right now because the bacteria called cynobacteria evolved photosynthesis and changed the earth atmosphere. Our atmosphere today is a direct result of evolution. Look it up.

The moon also formed at the same time as the earth forming.

This is new

Moon's Age Revealed, and a Lunar Mystery May Be Solved

Moon's Age Revealed, and a Lunar Mystery May Be Solved

shawn001

So it was part of an Intelligent designers plans to smash a small planet into the Earth to create our moon?

It was part of an Intelligent designers plans to create all the heavy elements in your body billions of years ago in super nova star explosions? You are physically made from star matter that seeded the universe billions of years ago. That is a fact.

As well as the impact the moon being there has had on the entire evolution of life on Earth. For example the tides?

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I have a question for evolutionists.

1 - When did human intelligence evolve,IOW since when humans were able to think and talk ?

Look at a black and white gradient. Try to pick the exact point where black becomes black.

Such as it is with human evolution. It happened gradually, as did speaking and thinking, over time. It's not a case of one day one human began to talk.

Speech and thought walk hand in hand and, likely, evolved together along a similar parallell path. Certain grunts and sounds and noises become more complex as it suits their needs (as they need to label more things) which, in turn, increased the amount of associations in their brains. And so on and so forth. Eventually the first tribes of man began to spread out across the world, gradually, and as they did so began to encounter more things. Imagine there was initially one word for 'tree'. As they branched out, they began to need words (grunts and sounds in those primitive languages) for different types of tree they encountered on their travels.

This is where we start to get different languages. At this stage Man is too primitive to know that there are different species of tree. They only see that this and that tree is different from another and so assign it a different sound. 'drgh' to one tribe becomes 'ingth' to another tribe, but both mean the same thing. And so on and so forth.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Look at a black and white gradient. Try to pick the exact point where black becomes black.

Such as it is with human evolution. It happened gradually, as did speaking and thinking, over time. It's not a case of one day one human began to talk.

Speech and thought walk hand in hand and, likely, evolved together along a similar parallell path. Certain grunts and sounds and noises become more complex as it suits their needs (as they need to label more things) which, in turn, increased the amount of associations in their brains. And so on and so forth. Eventually the first tribes of man began to spread out across the world, gradually, and as they did so began to encounter more things. Imagine there was initially one word for 'tree'. As they branched out, they began to need words (grunts and sounds in those primitive languages) for different types of tree they encountered on their travels.

This is where we start to get different languages. At this stage Man is too primitive to know that there are different species of tree. They only see that this and that tree is different from another and so assign it a different sound. 'drgh' to one tribe becomes 'ingth' to another tribe, but both mean the same thing. And so on and so forth.

The question is when did Human gain such ability to learn and think, for example the chimps will still speaking and think the same regardless of how many millions of years it lives.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
The question is when did Human gain such ability to learn and think, for example the chimps will still speaking and think the same regardless of how many millions of years it lives.

I don't think your perception of it is very accurate, FearGod. Chimps have been shown to be capable of learning language, and may well become as proficient with it as we are, given enough time and appropriate circunstances.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I don't think your perception of it is very accurate, FearGod. Chimps have been shown to be capable of learning language, and may well become as proficient with it as we are, given enough time and appropriate circunstances.

Which circumstances ?

It lived for millions of years and their ability to learn is constant.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Which circumstances ?

Either artificial selection (intentional pairing and breeding of chimps with higher language skills, so that the tendency of developing even higher skill grows with each generation) or natural selection (living in situations which give the more linguistically inclined chimps a higher chance of sucesfully surviving and breeding).

Natural selection is not very likely to make chimps more skilled with language any time soon, though. Their ecological niche is not one that particularly favors better communication, and it is estimated that no more than 300 000 of them exist in all. They are even an undangered species, if I am not mistaken. Such a reduced (and human-meddled) population is not very quick to evolve, or even very likely to survive.

It lived for millions of years and their ability to learn is constant.

That does not seem likely, at all. Would you happen to have access to research data?

In any case, it took millions of years for us to reach the level of intelligence to make language possible.

ruffen

It seems almost like you believe that gaining the ability to learn and thing is an "on/off-switch" that either you got it or you don't. This is not the case.

Humans are not the only animals with capacity to learn, and while there is a lot of debate on how to detect if a being is thinking and a very fuzzy definition of the word "think", it seems that many animals have capacity to think, albeit not to the extent that we do. Or, at least, some of us. ;)

idav

Being
Premium Member

You can't know that you just prefer it to be true. You a million year old psychic now?

There is no such evidence that human intellect popped into existence over night. Intelligence evolves just like for any animal. We didn't always have fire or tools or even language.

Its of little use to just point to another species and say evolution doesn't exist because they aren't human. Evolution already accounts for divergence.:facepalm:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
You can't know that you just prefer it to be true. You a million year old psychic now?

There is no such evidence that human intellect popped into existence over night. Intelligence evolves just like for any animal. We didn't always have fire or tools or even language.

Its of little use to just point to another species and say evolution doesn't exist because they aren't human. Evolution already accounts for divergence.:facepalm:

Do you think speech and listening is designed in a scientific way or not.

Sound is produced in a special way as to produce vibration on air (sound waves) and the ear is designed to receive the sound in a scientific way, for example the pinna is made to detect direction of sound and the eardrum is made sensitive as to move freely and vibrate by the sound's wave similar to the diaphragm in a microphone, the eardrum is connected to the ossicles which amplify the sound wave which then translated to nerve impulses.

So there is a scientific procedure as to achieve sound and hearing and that can't be done without specific and sophisticated plan and design.