• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution is the only theologically plausible answer

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
One assumption is that the decay rates have been consistent, which is unknowable and that there wasn't already argon-40 present when the rocks formed.

And lava flows that have occurred in the present have been tested soon after they erupted, and they invariably contained much more argon-40 than expected.
For example:
Mt. St. Helens crater that formed and cooled in 1986 was analyzed in 1996, and it contained so much argon-40 that it had a calculated “age” of 350,000 years!
If dates that are known test wrong then we can pretty much figure the dates that we don't know are testing wrong also.
When you purposefully test older, included material you will get results that date the older inclusions as older than the fresh lava. Funny how tricks like that work.

You keep circling back to "we all have the same evidence" while denying that evidence for any facile reason you can come up with.

It is the same wall that always comes up. Rinse and repeat. Rinse again, repeat again. Ad nauseum.

Dazzle us with something new.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, so we will just ignore the issues, I see. Whatever helps you believe your religion.
Face it. Your original empty statement about us all having the same evidence was correctly interpreted as "creationists ignore most of the evidence and use nonsense as evidence".

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
What? Where did you come up with that?
Well either they target inclusions that are much older than the matrix of known age or they use inappropriate tests that will give wild and radical results so they can claim the methods are flawed. It's an old trick. It always makes me wonder why people that claim to believe are the first people to fabricate the truth.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, so we will just ignore the issues, I see. Whatever helps you believe your religion.
My religion is Christianity. I firmly believe in the commandment not to bear false witness. I exercise it well in using the sense and intelligence God gave me to better understand His Creation. I don't bury my head in children's stories and face reality like a man.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
The issue is your claim that we all have the same evidence. Then you go on to clearly declare that you ignore most of that evidence for any flimsy thread that will allow you to retain a dogmatic, intractable and unstable position buoyed up by reliance on fabrications.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not ignoring any issue. The issue is your claims, well established bias against scientific findings and a reliance on refuted claims as evidence for your empty claims.

I have never liked the idea of sand in my hair.

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, but I would not use the word "magical".
God doesn't use hocus pocus or magic, he is the source of his own power.
But isn't a story that God created man from the dust of the ground and breathing life into his nostrils a magical presentation? God formed man like a clay figurine and breathed life into it? If taken literally, that is magic.

For the record, I believe what it says. But not literally like that. It is a poetic way to talk about in simple childlike understanding, something beyond comprehension. And the something beyond comprehension, is evolution as we have come to discover through great advances in our sciences.

It is literally true, but not in the way a child might imagine in it, forming a clay figurine in an afternoon and making it come alive, and the like. Taking that literally, is like imagining that rabbit in the hat appeared out of thin air. Which is wonderful and inspiring to the eyes of a child. But there is a natural explanation, which itself, is actually quite miraculous in itself, much more so that 'poofing' humans into existence like that rabbit from a hat! Evolution is magic for adults. :)

Doesn't that make more sense in light of what we know today about earth history? Does that minimize the Bible in your mind? It doesn't mine.

Last edited:

Sir Joseph

I find it disheartening to hear self professing Christians hold atheistic, world views that counter the underlying foundation of their claimed faith - that being the Bible.

Numerous surveys of Christian beliefs show that it's possible for a person to accept the Christian Gospel message while rejecting the authority of the Bible. This usually starts with the Genesis creation, flood, and Babel accounts, continues with Israelite history, and extends to current cultural issues and end times prophesies. Thus, such individuals not only feel free to accept evolution theory over creationism, but also to embrace the LGBQ movement and other secular trends. Unfortunately, they don't see the hypocrisy and irrationality of their contradictory beliefs.

Why do so many professing Christians hold to a world view rather than a Biblical view? Or, why do they choose man's word over God's word? I think people with liberal values do it to justify their pick-and-choose, cookbook attitude towards the Bible, thus allowing them to believe what they like and disregard what they don't like within the faith's scriptures.

Most professing Christians who reject the Bible's authority do so out of ignorance, evidenced by the reality that almost none have studied Christian apologetic materials and most churches and seminaries assume liberal theologies that counter the Bible in various details. Thus, Christians are raised to believe in evolution as proven science, with Genesis dismissed as outdated, unscientific stories no longer applicable to the faith.

While a majority of secular scientists, textbooks, and media advance an evolutionary world view, that does not equate to what the science itself shows. A fair study of the issue will reveal that the actual evidence for a supernatural creation far outweighs that of any Darwinian evolutionary theory, with the 1st and 2nd laws of Thermodynamics and Law of Biogenesis alone supporting this truth. The same can be said for the ages issue, with dozens of young earth/universe scientific observations outweighing the few old earth ones.

Rather than blindly accepting secular views that counter the Bible, genuine Christians would do right in studying apologetic material that defends the Bible's authority rather than adopting disingenuous views to disregard it. With a receptive mind, it shouldn't take long to understand that the scientific laws and mathematical principles governing the universe require an intelligent mind and law giver. And with a proper understanding of cataclysmic versus uniformitarianism geologic processes, it isn't hard to see the evidence for a young earth.

There's far too much material for me to present here and I don't wish to argue with others who hold strong opposing views. I've learned that it serves no purpose (as Wildwanderer has demonstrated with commendable effort). But for any Christian that wants to stay true to his faith AND respect the scientific evidence that supports that faith, here's one of the many excellent videos I have to recommend that should be worth your time. Anyone watching this presentation and wanting more Christian apologetic recos, feel free to message me.