• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evolution flaws to proves it's fallcy "forced morality"

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I agree with your definition of survival of the fittest. However I begin to disagree with many of your ideas. It may also be the wording so correct me if I am wrong. Social definitions of morality have differed wildly throughout history and cultures, Thus differing theories of right and wrong. Let's just say empathy is more fear than love. Morality or tolerance of one another was created in most part due to the numerous new fears. Selfish reward systems causing the sheep/herdsmen effect we still face today.
Empathy is empathy. You don't have to be afraid to be empathetic. Empathy is the biologically created emotion that compels organisms to aid others within their group. That group may be family, friends or their "tribe". Empathy does not necessarily have to be based in fear at all as it stands alone as a different evolutionary step.

Social morality is more or less based on empathy and then later the social construct that works best for the society. For example laws and rules begin to take hold when a society grows past the personal level. Cities and large social greetings require unbreakable laws to function. On a family level you have "rules" but not laws. So this leads to an evolution that is not biological but rather psychological or societal. And as time goes on the needs for survival of each individual "society" or "tribe" is different. So from each they provide their own rule set that is based in morality and what has functionally worked for them. Our morality is a mixture of our naturally occurring empathy and our learned concepts of right and wrong. If you don't believe that we can be taught right and wrong then just look between the North and the south. Liberals vs conservatives are a common fighting ground for morality in America.

However we can take these exact same groups of people and test them simply on an empathic level and them be the same. So our morality arises both from what we are taught and what we are born with. Between ourselves and our biology god is no longer "necessary" for morality.