• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of Koran's validity?

Bowman

The GOD that created us and the Heavens and the Earth. The GOD of our forefathers, the GOD of the animals, and all creation.

Then you can count-out the god "allah" as described within the pages of the Koran, brother...as this god cannot even state, in the first-person singular, that he created anything at all.

He is impotent to make such a bold statement himself.

He has no power at all.

Further, the god "allah" requires the help of the Son when creating...

Today's Bible is not the same as the original.

Then you deny your Koran in favor of following islam....nice!

Snowber

Then you can count-out the god "allah" as described within the pages of the Koran, brother...as this god cannot even state, in the first-person singular, that he created anything at all.

He is impotent to make such a bold statement himself.

He has no power at all.

Further, the god "allah" requires the help of the Son when creating...

Then you deny your Koran in favor of following islam....nice!

You can see 19:9, 38:75, and 74:11 in the Qu'ran for examples of GOD saying "I created".

You can see many more verses of messengers delivering the message that "GOD created"

GOD has no son, nor does He require the help of anyone.

As for your claim that, because I believe today's Bible isn't the original, that I must not be following the Qu'ran, that is simply ignorant.

[10:37] This Quran could not possibly be authored by other than GOD. It confirms all previous messages, and provides a fully detailed scripture. It is infallible, for it comes from the Lord of the universe.

The Qu'ran confirms previous messages, but it is not contradictory to say that what we have today are those same messages. GOD can confirm what was GIVEN TO Jesus, Moses, and Aaron without contradicting Himself. We can't assume that He is also confirming today's corrupted message.

Now I have a question,

How do you know that the Bible is the Word of God? What evidence, besides the Bible just "saying so" do you have to support this claim?

What do you say about verses omitted in some versions of the Bible, and included in others?

List of Bible verses not included in modern translations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Peace be upon you.

Bowman

You can see 19:9, 38:75, and 74:11 in the Qu'ran for examples of GOD saying "I created".

Nope.

There is no mention of any god named "allah" even remotely tied to these ayahs, brother....try again....

You can see many more verses of messengers delivering the message that "GOD created"

Ayat in the third-person!

These have to be delivered because the god "allah" is completely and utterly unable to make this utterance himself.

Now...ask yourself...what kind of an impotent pagan Arab god needs someone else to make this statement for him?

Surely this cannot be the god that you worship brother....

GOD has no son, nor does He require the help of anyone.

He does according to the authors of the Koran.

As for your claim that, because I believe today's Bible isn't the original, that I must not be following the Qu'ran, that is simply ignorant.

You are more interested in following islam.

[10:37] This Quran could not possibly be authored by other than GOD. It confirms all previous messages, and provides a fully detailed scripture. It is infallible, for it comes from the Lord of the universe.

The Qu'ran confirms previous messages, but it is not contradictory to say that what we have today are those same messages. GOD can confirm what was GIVEN TO Jesus, Moses, and Aaron without contradicting Himself. We can't assume that He is also confirming today's corrupted message.

The ayahs leading up to 10.37 are discussing “alhaqqi” (i.e. The Truth), of which we are told refers to only Jesus Christ (4.171).

This is fact.

Thus, 10.37 is also a continuation of a discussion of Jesus Christ, as thus…

وما كان هذا القرءان أن يفترى من دون الله ولكن تصديق الذي بين يديه وتفصيل الكتب لا ريب فيه من رب العلمين

Wama kana hatha alqur-anu an yuftara min dooni Allahi walakin tasdeeqa allathee bayna yadayhi watafseela alkitabi la rayba feehi min rabbi alAAalameena

10.37 And that this was the collection, that fabricated one, from superior (to) “allah”, and but (a) confirmation (of) Him in His presence, and explaining The Book, no doubt in it, from the lord of the jinn and of mankind.

The first thing that we observe in this ayah is that the Koran (i.e. ‘the collection’) is called a fabrication (yuftara) – which is in complete agreement with the ayah, 16.101.

Further, this ayah states that ‘the collection’ is shown to be superior to “allah”, but still is a confirmation (tasdeeqa) of Him (allathee i.e. Jesus Christ) in His presence “bayna yadayhi”.

What this means is that while the Koran is admittedly a fabrication of the previous scriptures (i.e. it is not divine in any manner whatsoever), it still contains the Biblical message of Jesus Christ.

Further still, ‘the collection’ is said to explain (tafseela) The Book (alkitabi i.e. The Holy Bible) – of which, the Holy Bible is stated to contain no doubt whatsoever in it (la rayba feehi).

Finally, this ayah concludes with the admission that ‘the collection’ (i.e. the fabrication) is from “allah” lord of the jinn (demons).

Thus….no brother….this ayah does nothing to support the false Islamic claims that the Koran was divinely inspired.

It does, however, promote the divine origin of the Holy Bible, and The Truth of Jesus Christ.

Now I have a question,

How do you know that the Bible is the Word of God? What evidence, besides the Bible just "saying so" do you have to support this claim?

What do you say about verses omitted in some versions of the Bible, and included in others?

List of Bible verses not included in modern translations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Peace be upon you.

For the follower of islam to deny his Koran is unforgivable...and the authors of the Koran confirm that the written word of the Holy Bible is pure and reliable.

To believe otherwise is simply following the islamic myth...

Last edited:

A-ManESL

No. Because it does not provide sound reasoning for its claim, namely that there is only one God, and Mohammed is his messenger other than merely stating it.

I like your pic:).
Please read the Quran first. It contains way much more then what you said. I recommend Arberry's translation.

Is it pertinent?
No. Because it is a document written for the 7th century world. There may be some verses in the Koran that say that you should act a certain way, which aren't really pertinent or applicable to today's modern lifestyle. For example, fasting during Ramadan - which really has no use other than to encourage a holier-than-thou attitude. Or as other posters have noted encouraging wife-beating. Or encouraging religious wars.

Your statement is based on the assumption that the utility of religion is measured by the fact how it helps a person having a better lifestyle. This may be a secondary goal of religion, the primary goal (in my humble opinion) is that it fine tunes the relationship between man and God.

In Sufism we have this concept that every organ of the body also has a distinct way of remembering God. That way is hampered by incorrect diets, toxins in the body system, free radicals etc. Fasting is meant to release out those toxins and make the body system pure.

And again, you havent read the Quran and are not quite understanding the way that its teachings are used by Muslims.

Is it acceptable or proper?

Again, I would say that it's not acceptable. Not acceptable because in essence it attempts to establish Islam as "correct" and all other religions as "incorrect". So it cannot be accepted by Jews, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Atheists, and the like. For example, it also encourages people to cut off the hands of thieves, or to kill homosexuals. For that reason, it's both unacceptable and improper to the people that it offends. And therefore it can't really be "universal" in the end.

That's flat out wrong, to say that it establishes Islam as "correct" and all other religions as "incorrect". That is why you should read the Quran first. And note that in the Quran the word Islam usually denotes surrender or inner self-piety as opposed to the religion.

So in summary, I would say, read the Quran and a good book about Islam (eg Ideals and realities of Islam - Hossein Nasr) first.

Regards.

Last edited:

fatima_bintu_islam

Ohhhh, I deeply dislike those number miraculous followers, may Allah protect us. Thats what keeping away from the hadeeths of the prophet peace be upon him brings to the individual, you dont know how to practice the Quranic statements in your life anymore.

May Allah guide us all, ameen

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Perhaps if your idol scriptures were less dependent upon human interpretation, i might join you all in your pagan idol worshiping ways. however, being as you keep misinterpreting eachother and thinking that you know more about the other than they themselves know, i just don't see how you can be saved. God save us all.

fatima_bintu_islam

Our "Idol scriptures" depend on the interpretation of God's Messenger and how he practiced the verses in his life, and how his companions did (because if it wasnt the correct application of the verse, Allah would have revealed the contrary in the lfie of the prophet peace be upon him.

A simple example of it is when this verse was revealed:Quran (4:29)
29. O you who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves unjustly except it be a trade amongst you, by mutual consent.

Muslims thought that eating at each others houses was included in eating properties unjustly, so they stopped doing that , so then Allah revealed:Quran ( 24:61)

61- Absolved from blame are the blind and the lame, the sick and yourselves to eat at the homes of your fathers or your mothers, your brothers or your sisters, at the homes of your paternal uncles or your paternal aunts, your maternal uncles or your maternal aunts or at the homes you possess their keys or at the homes of your friends. Nor do you run into consequence should you eat together or separately. And when you enter houses greet one another with words expressive of good wishes and of Allah's blessings and expressive of courteous recognition. thus does Allah distinctly express to you His revelations guiding you to the proper way of life relative to moral conduct so that you may open your heart's ears and hopefully comprehend.

So as you can see Muslims are nt left to their own interpretations unless they have a proof from the prophet of their religion peace be upon him.

Ameeeeen for your prayer

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Our "Idol scriptures" depend on the interpretation of God's Messenger and how he practiced the verses in his life, and how his companions did (because if it wasnt the correct application of the verse, Allah would have revealed the contrary in the lfie of the prophet peace be upon him.

A simple example of it is when this verse was revealed:Quran (4:29)
29. O you who believe! Eat not up your property among yourselves unjustly except it be a trade amongst you, by mutual consent.

Muslims thought that eating at each others houses was included in eating properties unjustly, so they stopped doing that , so then Allah revealed:Quran ( 24:61)

61- Absolved from blame are the blind and the lame, the sick and yourselves to eat at the homes of your fathers or your mothers, your brothers or your sisters, at the homes of your paternal uncles or your paternal aunts, your maternal uncles or your maternal aunts or at the homes you possess their keys or at the homes of your friends. Nor do you run into consequence should you eat together or separately. And when you enter houses greet one another with words expressive of good wishes and of Allah's blessings and expressive of courteous recognition. thus does Allah distinctly express to you His revelations guiding you to the proper way of life relative to moral conduct so that you may open your heart's ears and hopefully comprehend.

So as you can see Muslims are nt left to their own interpretations unless they have a proof from the prophet of their religion peace be upon him.

Ameeeeen for your prayer

I do not see how verse 61 from chapter 24 applies to verse 29 from chapter 4. as verse 29 from chapter 4 appears very clear to me. it simply speaks of fairness in consumption of property. But I am verily sure that Arabic is a very confusing language, Hardly any language is without its flaws when dealing with semantics. It must have made sense to those people at the time that it meant that one could not (with any decency) accept hospitality without fair and due thanks. The chapters are so dually appart, however. and verse 61 from chapter 24 hardly absolves grandparents from wrong doing when they dine from their children's kitchen. neither does it seam to me that verse 61 from chapter 24 has anything to do with the life of Muhamud, nor his friend's lifes. so i do not see the proposed example as very good evidence of your claim.
Thank you very much for your thoughts.

mho123

Atheist
Peace mho,

Rather than spew cuss words and ignorance, please present your evidence. It is true that everything is mathematically composed, but we know of nothing as amazing as the intricate system of the Qu'ran. Even obsessive numerologists could not come up with something similar. Take into factor that this is a Scripture from 1400 years ago, and it becomes that much more amazing.

Peace.
Evidence ?? Just said it . Any poem any song anything with rythm can be broken down into mathematical formulas ( even a 1400 years old song ). Nothing amazing here . Proves nothing . It basically means it ryhmes . That's it . Nothing else . Clear enough ?