• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence of Koran's validity?

Bowman

Obviously, this verse is against any mention of a "trinity" and divinity of Jesus. He was a blessed messenger, by GOD's will. At the same time, he worried about his own necks, because he was a human being, as all messengers are.

The Truth in the Koran

Defining the term…

الحق = “alhaqqi”

“alhaqqi” definition:

The Truth; one of the names of “allah” ; due share; justice; right claim; what ought to be; duty; incumbent.

It comes from the root “haqqa”, which means it was, or became, suitable to the requirements of wisdom, justice, right or rightness, truth, or reality, or fact; or to the exigencies of the case; it was, or became, just, proper, right, correct, or true; authentic, genuine, sound, valid, substantial, or real; established, or confirmed as truth or fact; and necessitated, obligatory, incumbent or due; it was, or became, a manifest and an indubitable fact or event; it happened, betided, or befell, surely, without doubt or uncertainty. To be right, just or fitting, worthy of, justly due to, proper, genuine, real, a fact, true, necessitated, suitable, necessary, incumbent upon, suited to the requirement of justice, become certain, authentic, deserve.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume two, pp. 605 – 610
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar p. 131

Per the classic definition, “alhaqqi” means 'The Truth', and is actually a name for “allah”.

Observe how “alhaqqi” is applied to Jesus Christ in the Koran…

• The Truth is only Jesus Christ (4.171)
• The Truth is The Word (6.73, 4.171)
• The Truth created the Universe (6.73, 6.101, 10.5, 14.19, 15.85, 16.3, 29.44, 39.5, 45.22, 46.3, 64.3)
• The Truth paid the debt and is the sacrifice (48.28 )
• The Truth forgives sins (47.2)
• The Truth is “Muhammad” (47.2)

Applied to 4.171…

يأهل الكتب لا تغلوا في دينكم ولا تقولوا على الله
إلا الحق إنما المسيح عيسى ابن مريم رسول الله
وكلمته ألقيها إلى مريم وروح منه فءامنوا بالله
ورسله ولا تقولوا ثلثة انتهوا خيرا لكم إنما الله
إله وحد سبحنه أن يكون له ولد له ما في
السموت وما في الأرض وكفى بالله وكيلا

Ya ahla alkitabi la taghloo fee deenikum wala taqooloo AAala Allahi illa alhaqqa innama almaseehu AAeesa ibnu maryama rasoolu Allahi wakalimatuhu alqaha ila maryama waroohun minhu faaminoo biAllahi warusulihi wala taqooloo thalathatun intahoo khayran lakum innama Allahu ilahun wahidun subhanahu an yakoona lahu waladun lahu ma fee alssamawati wama fee al-ardi wakafa biAllahi wakeelan

4.171 You The Book's family, do not go beyond the limits in your faith, and they do not say on “allah” except The Truth (is) only The Messiah Jesus, Mary's son, “allah’s” messenger, and his Word, cast forth to her, Mary, and Spirit from him; so believe by “allah”, and his messengers, and they do not say "Three." Refrain (it is) certainly agreeable to you, only “allah” one god glory be to him, that He has certainly been his Son, truly His what is in the heavens and in the earth and He sufficed by “allah”, a witness.

Here is the classic definition for “innama”…

إنما = “innama”

“innama” definition:

According to the grammarians, it is a compound of “inna” and “ma”, which latter prevents the former’s having any government: it imports restriction: it imports the restriction of that which it precedes to that which follows it. In other words, it is used to particularize, or specify, or distinguish a thing from other things: it affirms a thing in relation to that which is mentioned after it, and denies it in relation to other things. Some say that it does not import restriction, but only corroboration of an affirmation, because it is a compound of the corroborative “inna” and the redundant “ma” which restrains the former from exercising government, and that it has no application to denote negation implied in restriction. It therefore seems that it is susceptible of both these meanings, bearing one or the other according as this or that suits the place. Rendered as “only”, verily.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume one, pp. 103 – 111; 118
A Grammar of the Arabic Language, W. Wright, Third edition, volume 1, p. 285
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar, p. 35
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 11

The classic definition quite clearly states that “innama” affirms a thing in relation to that which is mentioned after it.

Thus, “alhaqqi” (i.e. The Truth), is the “thing” that is being related to Jesus – which is mentioned after it.

Hence, “The Truth is only Jesus Christ”.

Bowman

Regarding your assertion of the supposed Koranic denial of the Biblical Trinity; the same exact verse can be used.

4.171 actually plainly states that the Trinity is not “three”, but instead, it is “one”, and then proceeds to list out Father, Son, and Spirit…

يأهل الكتب لا تغلوا في دينكم ولا تقولوا على الله

إلا الحق إنما المسيح عيسى ابن مريم رسول الله

وكلمته ألقيها إلى مريم وروح منه فءامنوا بالله

ورسله ولا تقولوا ثلثة انتهوا خيرا لكم إنما الله

إله وحد سبحنه أن يكون له ولد له ما في

السموت وما في الأرض وكفى بالله وكيلا

Ya ahla alkitabi la taghloo fee deenikum wala taqooloo AAala Allahi illa alhaqqa innama almaseehu AAeesa ibnu maryama rasoolu Allahi wakalimatuhu alqaha ila maryama waroohun minhu faaminoo biAllahi warusulihi wala taqooloo thalathatun intahoo khayran lakum innama Allahu ilahun wahidun subhanahu an yakoona lahu waladunlahu ma fee alssamawati wama fee al-ardi wakafa biAllahi wakeelan

4.171 You The Book's family, certainly do not go beyond the limits in your faith, and they do not say on “allah” except The Truth (is) only the Messiah Jesus, Mary's son, “allah’s” messenger, and his Word, cast forth to her, Mary, and Spirit from him; so believe on account of “allah”, and His messengers, and they do not say: "Three." Refrain (it is) agreeable certainly your only “allah” one godglory be to him, that He has certainly been his Son,truly His what is in the heavens and what is in the earth and He sufficed on account of “allah”, a witness.

Observe that this ayah is directed at ‘The Book’s family’ (ahla alkitabi) – which refers to the followers of the Holy Bible; i.e. Christians.

For the Muslim, it then gives instruction as to what the correct interpretation of the Holy Bible needs to be regarding (among numerous things), the concept of the Trinity.

In this classic Islamic one-hit-wonder we are told not to refer to the one “allah” as “Three”, as even his messengers do not say “Three” - because he is not the result of counted things (thalathatun)….and yet, in the very ayah itself it lists-out directly, Father, Son, & Spirit.

This is a classic Koranic example in which the authors display their understanding of the Biblical concept of the Holy Trinity, and give the example of what it is not by the usage of the word “Three”…and what it is, by the example of “one”.

Bowman

[21:25] We did not send any messenger before you except with the inspiration: "There is no god except Me; you shall worship Me alone."
[21:26] Yet, they said, "The Most Gracious has begotten a son!" Glory be to Him. All (messengers) are (His) honored servants.
[21:27] They never speak on their own, and they strictly follow His commands.
[21:28] He knows their future and their past. They do not intercede, except for those already accepted by Him, and they are worried about their own necks.
[21:29] If any of them claims to be a god beside Him, we requite him with Hell; we thus requite the wicked.

Rather odd that you would quote a verse that actually confirms that Jesus is the Son, brother.

Now, you can begin to see that the Koran conflicts with Islam.

You then transliterated the verse below and showed an awkward English translation of it (which you do not find online except at 2 facebook pages (using a google search of part of the verse) which seems like it may be you doing the same translation for someone else. Deception will only win over the weak at heart, remember that. :)

Many people use my renderings, brother.

There is no deception in that.

Bowman

I mentioned a link before where you can compare 6 different translations and none of them are close to your personal translation (as it seems) brother. I speak Arabic but I am weak on reading/writing so I apologize that I cannot guide you through it word by word.

Comparing '6 different translations', by other people, will do no good if these other people are not around to explain them, brother...

Further, speaking Arabic has no bearing on comprehending the extinct classic written Arabic of the Koran.

Also I noticed you translated "min rabbi al Aalameena"

Which simply means "from the Lord of the universe" in this context. You translated it as "from the lord of jinn and mankind", which already is a slight hint that you may be translating this in your favor.

Let's look...

رب العلمين= “rabbi alAAalameena”

“rabbi alAAalameena” definition:

The Lord of the jinn, or genii, and of mankind: the Lord of all created beings.

It comes from the root “alama”, which means to mark, sign, and distinguish. He knew it; or he was, or became, acquainted with it; or he knew it truly, or certainly. He knew a thing intuitively and inferentially. He marked it. He, a man, had a fissure in his upper lip; or in one of its two sides. Knowledge.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume five, pp. 2138 - 2142
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar pp. 383 - 385

Bowman

In the context of this verse GOD would not call his Qu'ran a fabrication in the sense that it is a "lie".

Fabricate has many meanings:

To make; create.

To construct by combining or assembling diverse, typically standardized parts: fabricate small boats.

To concoct in order to deceive: fabricated an excuse.

So simply GOD has made the Qu'ran. We know this because when we read the whole Qu'ran, and not pick out verses and translate them without knowledge of the rest of the Scripture, we see that GOD would not say such a thing as the Qu'ran being a fabrication in the sense of a "deception" or "lie".

The meaning of 'fabricate' in 10.37 is spelled-out to us quite clearly in this verse...

وإذا بدلنا ءاية مكان ءاية والله أعلم بما ينزل قالوا إنما أنت مفتر بل أكثرهم لا يعلمون

Wa-itha baddalna ayatan makana ayatin waAllahu aAAlamu bima yunazzilu qaloo innama anta muftarin bal aktharuhum la yaAAlamoona

16.101 And when we changed a verse in place (of) a verse, and “allah” is most wise with what (he) sends down, they said: "Only you are (the) one who fabricates lies." But most of them they do not know.

As you can see, this ayah discusses exactly how the god “allah” is the one (masculine singular, personal pronoun “anta”) who fabricates lies; i.e. “forged an unprecedented fraud” (muftarin) – and most people are unaware of it.

The lies and fabrications of the god “allah” result in the changing of a verse for a verse, in your book of faith.

Bowman

The verse does not state the the Qu'ran, or "collection, is superior to GOD. This is a gross mistranslation, my friend.

This would be the proper definition for دونbrother…

The verse does not state that it is a "fabrication" of the previous scripture, it is a "confirmation".

As we have seen, ‘fabrication’ is stating it very mildly…

It does contain the Biblical message of Jesus, you're right, but Jesus never claimed to be GOD.

Jesus claimed to be God Almighty in the Holy Bible…which was later copied into the Koran.

What you have today, my friend, is not the Bible in its entirety, but instead, a fabrication by human hands.

Not according to the authors of the Koran.

You say it explains the Holy Bible "of which, the Holy Bible is stated to contain no doubt whatsoever in it". Though I may disagree with this and think that instead it means:

"It confirms all previous messages, and provides a fully detailed scripture", even if it did mean that it confirms the Holy Bible (which the Qu'ran does), again, the Bible (the TRUE Bible) is different from the contradictory fabrication people have today.

Here is a small snapshot of what your Koran claims to be, according to the Koran, itself…

والكتب المبين إنا جعلنه قرءنا عربيا لعلكم تعقلون وإنه في أم الكتب لدينا لعلي حكيم

Waalkitabi almubeeni inna jaAAalnahu qur-anan AAarabiyyan laAAallakum taAAqiloona wa-innahu fee ommi alkitabi ladayna laAAaliyyun hakeemun

And The Book, the clear. Truly we have made it an Arabic collection, perhaps you comprehend. And truly it, in company with the source, from The Book, eminent, full of wisdom. (43.2 – 4)

Perhaps you could please explain how it is that ‘The Book’ had to be made into an Arabic collection (Koran) if it already was in Arabic!

The answer is clear… ‘The Book’ is the Holy Bible.

The authors of the Koran merely translated parts of it into Arabic…and…like the Arabic says…it (the Koran) is merely in ‘company’ with its source, ‘The Book’.

Snowber

Bowman, again forgive me brother. I don't see a point in continuing this discussion. Anyone who has a decent knowledge of arabic can see that you have a gross mistranslation according to your own opinion. I believe you do too.

To avoid offending you I will simply say that you need to open your mind and ask yourself if your translations are free from your own bias. Here's a hint, go back and look at your verses and what you put in paranthesis "()". It changes the verse's meaning completely.

Also, I am not sure how fluent you are with Arabic, but I have not seen one person with the ideas you have come up with. Sorry, friend, but anyone with common sense can see that you are either playing or truly blinded by your reverence for a human being. Had the Qu'ran been about Jesus all this time, surely someone besides you would have come up with it.

You should also take note that one word in arabic may have several different meanings. You have to look at the context of the verse and you can easily see which word fits in place. To claim otherwise is a gross error.

Peace Bowman, but until you present true evidence, as I have presented to you about the Qu'ran miracle, then we are simply wasting our time.

If you want to convince me, reproduce the Qu'ran's mathematical structure in any book you choose, as much as people have tried with their vain attempts, nothing came close.

By the way "My name is so and so, and the value of my name is this number, and the value of spiderman is this number" is not the same.

Peace, friend :)

As much as I want to take hours writing responses (and yes I have read your posts), I see that as long as you are veiled by your own opinion of Jesus, you will continue to invent verses of the Qu'ran that are not there.

Bowman

Bowman, again forgive me brother. I don't see a point in continuing this discussion. Anyone who has a decent knowledge of arabic can see that you have a gross mistranslation according to your own opinion. I believe you do too.

To avoid offending you I will simply say that you need to open your mind and ask yourself if your translations are free from your own bias. Here's a hint, go back and look at your verses and what you put in paranthesis "()". It changes the verse's meaning completely.

Also, I am not sure how fluent you are with Arabic, but I have not seen one person with the ideas you have come up with. Sorry, friend, but anyone with common sense can see that you are either playing or truly blinded by your reverence for a human being. Had the Qu'ran been about Jesus all this time, surely someone besides you would have come up with it.

You should also take note that one word in arabic may have several different meanings. You have to look at the context of the verse and you can easily see which word fits in place. To claim otherwise is a gross error.

Peace Bowman, but until you present true evidence, as I have presented to you about the Qu'ran miracle, then we are simply wasting our time.

If you want to convince me, reproduce the Qu'ran's mathematical structure in any book you choose, as much as people have tried with their vain attempts, nothing came close.

By the way "My name is so and so, and the value of my name is this number, and the value of spiderman is this number" is not the same.

Peace, friend :)

As much as I want to take hours writing responses (and yes I have read your posts), I see that as long as you are veiled by your own opinion of Jesus, you will continue to invent verses of the Qu'ran that are not there.

No one wants to hear an endless stream of excuses...especially in a debate forum.

Come back later when you feel up to debating, brother...

Snowber

No one wants to hear an endless stream of excuses...especially in a debate forum.

Come back later when you feel up to debating, brother...

Dear Bowman,

There is a difference between a constructive debate, and nonsense. What you presented is nonsensical, and therefore, requires no debate. People only need to see this page:

Literal verse meanings and up to 16 different translations

And they will see that what you are presenting is a twist on words, rather than the truth. GOD already warned us of this:

[3:7] He sent down to you this scripture, containing straightforward verses - which constitute the essence of the scripture - as well as MULTIPLE-meaning or allegorical verses. Those who harbor doubts in their hearts will pursue the MULTIPLE-meaning verses to create confusion, and to extricate a certain meaning. None knows the true meaning thereof except GOD and those well founded in knowledge. They say, "We believe in this - all of it comes from our Lord." Only those who possess intelligence will take heed.

Furthermore, I created this thread to see what people thought about the Qu'ran's mathematical evidence, and more. Instead, through your idolization for a messenger of GOD, you have twisted GOD's revelation to your liking. Do you expect me to go through all your posts and answer your questions one by one when you haven't given me any valid evidence against the Qu'ran's mathematical code, and instead simply commented that you could find similar in a comic book? If you wish to remain blind to the evidence GOD gave you, I cannot help you dear friend, and with GOD rests all our judgement, for He knows us best.

If you'd like to find people to debate with about whether or not the Qu'ran is about Jesus, you can make a thread about it. On the other hand, we have a miracle in the Qu'ran the proves it's divinity now and forever. Should I choose this proof, or verses interpreted to your liking? GOD forbid that I behave like the ignorant ones.

Peace be upon you, brother. If you are sincerely seeking GOD, the One, the Only, the Alpha, the Omega, the Most Merciful, Most Compassionate, the Truth, Most Kind, Most Honorable, Lord of the believers, then examine all evidence and see what conclusion you reach.

Remember, I am not defending "my miracle". This is something GOD gave to all humankind. If you wish to reject it, I leave you with, if you believe you are correct:
[3:61] If anyone argues with you, despite the knowledge you have received, then say, "Let us summon our children and your children, our women and your women, ourselves and yourselves, then let us invoke GOD's curse upon the liars."

[2:91] When they are told, "You shall believe in these revelations of GOD," they say, "We believe only in what was sent down to us." Thus, they disbelieve in subsequent revelations, even if it is the truth from their Lord, and even though it confirms what they have! Say, "Why then did you kill GOD's prophets, if you were believers?"

Peace be upon you brother, if your heart is good, then I only wish the best for you.

Bowman

Dear Bowman,

There is a difference between a constructive debate, and nonsense. What you presented is nonsensical, and therefore, requires no debate. People only need to see this page:

Literal verse meanings and up to 16 different translations

The key word is ‘different’, brother. If they all agreed with each other then there would be only one translation.

Now…pick one of your 16 translations, and defend the Arabic behind it.

Otherwise you have nothing.

Furthermore, I created this thread to see what people thought about the Qu'ran's mathematical evidence, and more. Instead, through your idolization for a messenger of GOD, you have twisted GOD's revelation to your liking. Do you expect me to go through all your posts and answer your questions one by one when you haven't given me any valid evidence against the Qu'ran's mathematical code, and instead simply commented that you could find similar in a comic book? If you wish to remain blind to the evidence GOD gave you, I cannot help you dear friend, and with GOD rests all our judgement, for He knows us best.

If you'd like to find people to debate with about whether or not the Qu'ran is about Jesus, you can make a thread about it. On the other hand, we have a miracle in the Qu'ran the proves it's divinity now and forever. Should I choose this proof, or verses interpreted to your liking? GOD forbid that I behave like the ignorant ones.

Peace be upon you, brother. If you are sincerely seeking GOD, the One, the Only, the Alpha, the Omega, the Most Merciful, Most Compassionate, the Truth, Most Kind, Most Honorable, Lord of the believers, then examine all evidence and see what conclusion you reach.

Remember, I am not defending "my miracle". This is something GOD gave to all humankind. If you wish to reject it, I leave you with, if you believe you are correct:

Peace be upon you brother, if your heart is good, then I only wish the best for you

19.19 has already been provided to you brother.

This verse speaks directly about Jesus’ divinity.

Why do you persist in ignoring this ‘mathematical’ miracle?

watersports007

the one God
Quran is in 100% agreement with established scientific facts. And the Quran proved these facts 1400 years before science confirmed it just now. All other religious books apart from the Quran are proven to have contradictions when it comes to science and other affairs.

kejos

Quran is in 100% agreement with established scientific facts.
Some think that Muslims only imagine this- or fabricate it. At any rate, nobody should treat any such unsupported claim with anything better than deep suspicion- if not contempt.

Bowman

Quran is in 100% agreement with established scientific facts. And the Quran proved these facts 1400 years before science confirmed it just now. All other religious books apart from the Quran are proven to have contradictions when it comes to science and other affairs.

Any so-called ‘science’ contained within the pages of the Koran was copied from its source, the Holy Bible, which detailed this information hundreds, and even thousands of years prior to being copied into the Koran.

Luminous

non-existential luminary
Any so-called ‘science’ contained within the pages of the Koran was copied from its source, the Holy Bible, which detailed this information hundreds, and even thousands of years prior to being copied into the Koran.
I think i'll stick to my Science books, thank you. ;)
they are not idol scripture...and they are Agnostic, that's a plus.

Snowber

The key word is ‘different’, brother. If they all agreed with each other then there would be only one translation.

Now…pick one of your 16 translations, and defend the Arabic behind it.

Otherwise you have nothing.

Dear Bowman,

Are you saying that because 19:19 speaks about Jesus, then Jesus must be divine? The Qu'ran clearly shows us that Jesus was a human being. Here is just one verse that shows this:

[5:116] GOD will say, "O Jesus, son of Mary,* did you say to the people, `Make me and my mother idols beside GOD?' " He will say, "Be You glorified. I could not utter what was not right. Had I said it, You already would have known it. You know my thoughts, and I do not know Your thoughts. You know all the secrets.

It is also important to note that GOD consistently calls Jesus "Son of Mary" because He knew that human beings would call him "son of GOD". GOD be glorified, far above their false claims.

[9:30] The Jews said, "Ezra is the son of GOD," while the Christians said, "Jesus is the son of GOD!" These are blasphemies uttered by their mouths. They thus match the blasphemies of those who have disbelieved in the past. GOD condemns them. They have surely deviated.

Now let us discuss your "miracle" of 19:19 saying that Jesus is GOD:

Here is a word by word Arabic to english translation and transliteration of the verse:

19:19

We must also look at the verses before and after to get a better understanding:

[19:17] While a barrier separated her from them, we sent to her our Spirit. He went to her in the form of a human being.

[19:18] She said, "I seek refuge in the Most Gracious, that you may be righteous."

[19:19] He said, "I am the messenger of your Lord, to grant you a pure son."

[19:20] She said, "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me; I have never been unchaste."

[19:21] He said, "Thus said your Lord, `It is easy for Me. We will render him a sign for the people, and mercy from us. This is a predestined matter.' "

So if it is not clear enough from the above verses that the "Spirit" was sent to Mary as a messenger to give her this news, and that it is NOT talking about Jesus being GOD in any way, let us examine 19:19 as we see in the link above, word by word.

1) The first word is "Qala", "He said". The site even tells you the syntax " 3rd person masculine singular perfect verb."

2) Second word is "inama" or "only".

3) Third word "ana" or "I am"

4) "rasulu" or "a messenger"

5) "rabbiki" or "of your lord"

6) "li-ahaba" " that I may bestow"

7) "laki" or "on you" (laki is addressing a female, 2nd person feminine") addressing Mary

8) "ghulaman" or "a son". masculine noun

9) "zakiyyan" or "pure"

It is pretty clear to me that it says "I am a messenger from your Lord to grant you a pure son"

Now let's see the 16 translations:

Yusuf Ali He said: "Nay, I am only a messenger from thy Lord, (to announce) to thee the gift of a holy son.

Pickthal He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.

Arberry If thou fearest God ... He said, 'I am but a messenger come from thy Lord, to give thee a boy most pure.

Shakir He said: I am only a messenger of your Lord: That I will give you a pure boy.

Sarwar He said, "I am the Messengers of your Lord. I have come to give you a purified son".

Khalifa He said, "I am the messenger of your Lord, to grant you a pure son."

Hilali/Khan (The angel) said: "I am only a Messenger from your Lord, (to announce) to you the gift of a righteous son."

H/K/Saheeh He said, "I am only the messenger of your Lord to give you [news of] a pure boy."

Malik He said: "Don’t be afraid, I am merely a messenger from your Lord to tell you about the gift of a holy son."[19]

QXP He said, "I am only a Messenger of your Lord who says 'I shall bestow upon you the gift of a son endowed with a spotless character.'" (Tasreef with (3:45) is very important here).

Maulana Ali He said: I am only bearer of a message of thy Lord: That I will give thee a pure boy.

Free Minds He said: "I am the messenger of your Lord, to give you the gift of a pure son."

Qaribullah 'I am the Messenger of your Lord, ' he replied, 'and have come to give you a pure boy.

George Sale He answered, verily I am the messenger of thy Lord, and am sent to give thee a holy son.

JM Rodwell He said: "I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a holy son."

Asad [The angel] answered: "I am but a messenger of thy Sustainer, [who says,] `I shall bestow upon thee the gift of a son endowed with purity.'"

There is 19:19 for you, word by word, in Arabic, in English, 16 translations (and the translations may be different (the key word you spoke of) but the meaning is the same. If you say thou and I say you it's still the same.

Therefore, to say that this verse clearly speaks about Jesus's divinity is a lie, and a lie is no substitute for the Truth. GOD will always support the Truth.

Peace, hope that helps.

Last edited:

Snowber

Is it not true that your animosity and jealousy for another scripture, even though it is also from GOD, has caused you to deviate?

To say that a certain part of the Qu'ran may be a copy from the Bible is like saying "GOD is copying GOD". We already know that GOD sent down the Torah and the Gospel before the Qu'ran. GOD tells us that and it is supported by proof which you have failed to examine, dear Bowman.

Peace.

Bowman

Dear Bowman,

Are you saying that because 19:19 speaks about Jesus, then Jesus must be divine? The Qu'ran clearly shows us that Jesus was a human being. Here is just one verse that shows this:

5.116 does not negate Jesus’ divinity, brother…

It is also important to note that GOD consistently calls Jesus "Son of Mary" because He knew that human beings would call him "son of GOD". GOD be glorified, far above their false claims.

A more correct rendering of these ayahs…

وقالت اليهود عزير ابن الله وقالت النصرى

المسيح ابن الله ذلك قولهم بأفوههم يضهءون

قول الذين كفروا من قبل قتلهم الله أنى يؤفكون اتخذوا أحبارهم ورهبنهم أربابا من دون الله والمسيح ابن مريم وما أمروا إلا ليعبدوا إلها وحدا لا إله إلا هو سبحنه عما يشركون

Waqalati alyahoodu AAuzayrun ibnu Allahi waqalati alnnasara almaseehu ibnu Allahi thalika qawluhum bi-afwahihim yudahi-oona qawla allatheena kafaroo min qablu qatalahumu Allahu anna yu/fakoona ittakhathoo ahbarahum waruhbanahum arbaban min dooni Allahi waalmaseeha ibna maryama wama omiroo illa liyaAAbudoo ilahan wahidan la ilaha illa huwa subhanahu AAamma yushrikoona

And they said the Jews flogged “allah's” Son with the utmost vehemence, and they said the Christians, The Messiah, “allah's” Son, this, their word with their mouths, they resemble Word whom they disbelieved from before, “allah”, he killed them, when they are turned away. They have taken their learned persons and their monks (as) lords from superior (to) “allah” and The Messiah, Mary's Son; and they commanded not except that they may worship one god, no god except He, glory be to Him from what they associate partners. (9.30 – 31)

These ayahs are merely wholesale copied from the Holy Bible….up to, and including, the proclamation that Jesus Christ is deity.

How did this happen…?

Bowman

Now let us discuss your "miracle" of 19:19 saying that Jesus is GOD:

Here is a word by word Arabic to english translation and transliteration of the verse:

19:19

We must also look at the verses before and after to get a better understanding:

[19:17] While a barrier separated her from them, we sent to her our Spirit. He went to her in the form of a human being.

[19:18] She said, "I seek refuge in the Most Gracious, that you may be righteous."

[19:19] He said, "I am the messenger of your Lord, to grant you a pure son."

[19:20] She said, "How can I have a son, when no man has touched me; I have never been unchaste."

[19:21] He said, "Thus said your Lord, `It is easy for Me. We will render him a sign for the people, and mercy from us. This is a predestined matter.' "

So if it is not clear enough from the above verses that the "Spirit" was sent to Mary as a messenger to give her this news, and that it is NOT talking about Jesus being GOD in any way, let us examine 19:19 as we see in the link above, word by word.

1) The first word is "Qala", "He said". The site even tells you the syntax " 3rd person masculine singular perfect verb."

Who is 'he", brother...?

2) Second word is "inama" or "only".

إنما = “innama”

“innama” definition:

According to the grammarians, it is a compound of “inna” and “ma”, which latter prevents the former’s having any government: it imports restriction: it imports the restriction of that which it precedes to that which follows it. In other words, it is used to particularize, or specify, or distinguish a thing from other things: it affirms a thing in relation to that which is mentioned after it, and denies it in relation to other things. Some say that it does not import restriction, but only corroboration of an affirmation, because it is a compound of the corroborative “inna” and the redundant “ma” which restrains the former from exercising government, and that it has no application to denote negation implied in restriction. It therefore seems that it is susceptible of both these meanings, bearing one or the other according as this or that suits the place. Rendered as “only”, verily.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume one, pp. 103 – 111; 118
A Grammar of the Arabic Language, W. Wright, Third edition, volume 1, p. 285
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar, p. 35
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 11

3) Third word "ana" or "I am"

أنا= “ana”

I myself…who is the "I", brother....?

4) "rasulu" or "a messenger"

Who is this messenger...?

5) "rabbiki" or "of your lord"

Agreed.

6) "li-ahaba" " that I may bestow"

أهب= “ahaba”

“ahaba” definition:

Imperfect tense, 1st person singular. I give.

It comes from the root “wahaba”, which means he gave him a thing; properly, as a free gift, disinterestedly, and not for any compensation; to grant, give as a gift, dedicate, offer as a present, bestow. It is one of the verbs which signify he caused to be, or to become.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume eight, pp. 2968 - 2969
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar, p. 622
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 163

Bowman

9) "zakiyyan" or "pure"

زكيا= “zakiyya

“zakiyyan” definition:

Masculine singular. Most pure.

It comes from the root “zaka”, which means it increased, or augmented; it received increase and blessing from God; it throve by the blessing of God; and produced fruit. It was or became pure. To grow, be pure and clean, purify, be righteous, thrive, prosper, succeed, grow strong, improve.

غلمازكيا…...in 19.19 means (a boy) pure from sins; or growing, or increasing, in goodness and righteousness; or purified by nature; or such as shall in the future be purified.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume three, pp. 1240 - 1241
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar, p. 233
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 62

So…already we know that the heart of code 19.19 refers to Jesus’ being acknowledged as being Holy and free from sin.

But…..to further accentuate the conundrum in which this places Muslims; let’s observe ALL the other places in the Koran in which the root and derivatives are utilized…

The root with its 13 derivatives is used 57x in the Koran:

2.43, 2.83, 2.110, 2.129, 2.151, 2.177, 2.232, 2.277, 3.164, 4.49 (2x), 4.77, 4.162, 5.12, 5.55, 7.156, 9.5, 9.11, 9.18, 9.71, 9.103, 18.19, 18.74, 18.81, 19.13, 19.19, 19.31, 19.55, 20.76, 21.73, 22.41, 22.78, 23.4, 24.21 (2x), 24.28, 24.30, 24.37, 24.56, 27.3, 30.39, 31.4, 33.33, 35.18 (2x), 41.7, 53.32, 58.13, 62.2, 73.20, 79.18, 80.3, 80.7, 87.14, 91.9, 92.18, 98.5

Reading the context of these ayahs demonstrates the overwhelming usage of worshiping, and sanctification involved whenever the root derivatives of “zakiyyan” are used through out the entire Koran.

Thus….it is beyond any reasonable doubt that not only is code 19 showing us the truth behind the matter, but also it is proclaiming loudly and proudly that Jesus is sinless, pure, to be worshiped and sanctified…in short, this is yet another Koranic confirmation that Jesus is indeed God Almighty.