• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence for Human Evolution

Sapiens

Polymathematician
The coherent "thought" itself is light. It's the light that thinks, organizes, plans, memorizes, etc. Information stored in quanta in which the physical body and brain carries out and processes it via interaction.
That's an entire Gish Gallop of unsupported claims.
I understand the mono view, the photon's and other guage bosons needing physical and material... It's both a dual interaction yet mono made possible by the Higgs field. No different within the human body.
I think there is a claim hiding in there, and it is also unsupported.
The massless(light) interacting with mass(matter) via a field.
What is the relevance and what is your support for that claim?

Unification

That's an entire Gish Gallop of unsupported claims.
I think there is a claim hiding in there, and it is also unsupported.

What is the relevance and what is your support for that claim?

Right, the photon(light) doesn't interact with matter. Smh.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
Right, the photon(light) doesn't interact with matter. Smh.
You keep switching claims. You try to support one claim by making a different claim, that's not how it works. How about making a list of the claims that you want to make, then we can work on whether they are falsifiable, or not.

Unification

That's not what he said. Straw man, big time ... and I have to assume you know it.

Apparently, photon's in which have no mass don't mingle/interact with matter which has mass and that is "unsupported."

I know that I was being sarcastic.

Last edited:

Unification

You keep switching claims. You try to support one claim by making a different claim, that's not how it works. How about making a list of the claims that you want to make, then we can work on whether they are falsifiable, or not.

Let's start from the beginning.

There is or there isn't the mind-body duality.

There is wave-particle duality.
There is mind-body duality.

The human body is composed of both waves and particles in duality.

I am comparing them, as they are the same and I don't see why the human body would be exempt from wave-particle DUALITY.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave–particle_duality

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Apparently, photon's in which have no mass don't mingle/interact with matter which has mass and that is "unsupported."

I know that I was being sarcastic.
I mean, photons react to other photons. And, gravity can effect their movement as well. The obvious go to would be photons bouncing off matter and hitting our retina allowing us to see that matter.

But, can you point to where he disagreed with any of this?

Unification

I mean, photons react to other photons. And, gravity can effect their movement as well. The obvious go to would be photons bouncing off matter and hitting our retina allowing us to see that matter.

But, can you point to where he disagreed with any of this?

Yes, photoreceptive cells for one. Lots of photon's at work. Lots of light working in those cells.

He didn't disagree, it was said I didn't support such.

prometheus11

The mind is an artifact of the physical neural net and the cellular structure between the nerves themselves and the chemical storms that environ a chemical bath that holds it all in place. When I consider the physical construction of the brain, I'm shocked at how stupid we all still are. We're amazingly dumb animals to have such a shockingly beautiful brain. The mind is an artifact...like a smear on a film or a lens flare.

Sapiens

Polymathematician
There is or there isn't the mind-body duality.- OK

There is wave-particle duality. - OK
There is mind-body duality.- An unsupported claim.

The human body is composed of both waves and particles in duality - An unsupported claim. .

I am comparing them, as they are the same and I don't see why the human body would be exempt from wave-particle DUALITY.- Just because you do not see something doesn't support your claims ... try actual evidence that such a thing as a mind exists,separately from a brain, else you are just arguing semantics.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave–particle_duality[/QUOTE]

Midnight Rain

Hello everyone. I would like to share something I found about human evolution. We have found many Neanderthal fossils and have been able to sequence their DNA and compared it to human DNA. The result is that their DNA is shown to be distinct.

View attachment 11261
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v464/n7290/full/nature08976.html#f2

View attachment 11262
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/mtDNA.html

So what do you think about human evolution? Is there strong evidence we evolved from apes or is it all nonsense?
I find it strange that you produced strong evidence of human evolution and then ended the post with the question of if the evidence exists? I honestly thought this was a pro-evolution OP until I read that last comment.

Many people believe that nowadays "europeans" mixed with neaderthals. And produced these light skinned, blue eyed and blonde creature as germans and swedes. Ofcourse its still a theory but i think there is something behind it,
While Europeans did interbreed with Neanderthals it seems that Asians actually had the most interbreeding with them. The development of Blue Eyes and Blond hair was also a distinctly homo-sapiens trait. It is highly unlikely that there ever existed any blond and blue eyed neanderthals.

V lad i mir

not necessarily.
All you need is ordinary reproductive variability and some kind of selective pressure.[/ Reproductive variability - best possible variant of cells, not make new organism better or different than parents. what is "selective pressure"? new made phrase to justify genetic degradation cause by chemicals in food, water, air...; and use of alcohol, tobacco,drugs legal and illegal...?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Valjean said:
not necessarily.
All you need is ordinary reproductive variability and some kind of selective pressure.[/ Reproductive variability - best possible variant of cells, not make new organism better or different than parents. what is "selective pressure"? new made phrase to justify genetic degradation cause by chemicals in food, water, air...; and use of alcohol, tobacco,drugs legal and illegal...?

How do you presume to have a valid opinion on this subject when you obviously don't understand even the basics?

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Let's start from the beginning.

There is or there isn't the mind-body duality.

There is wave-particle duality.
There is mind-body duality.

The human body is composed of both waves and particles in duality.

I am comparing them, as they are the same and I don't see why the human body would be exempt from wave-particle DUALITY.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave–particle_duality

If that was true, then my stomach would also have a spiritual counterpart. That would point to some sort of spiritual digestion of spiritual pizzas.

Ciao

- viole

Unification

If that was true, then my stomach would also have a spiritual counterpart. That would point to some sort of spiritual digestion of spiritual pizzas.

Ciao

- viole

Sure, all is based on opposite polarities. It would be no different with your inner bodily workings.

Where did "spiritual" come from? It can be explained with energy.