• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence for an ancient earth

Evie

That is not what science, nor the results of scientific research and methods determines.

Science can falsify theories and hypothesis based on real objective evidence, which ancient religion based ancient mythology cannot do.

You need to present a coherent argument based on objective evidence.
It all boils down to beliefs( religious and otherwise). And I personally believe mankind will remain in a state of not being in possession of absolute indisputable answers for a very good reason. All will be known when the time is right. That is my belief.

Rockstar Matt

Astrophysicist
Furthermore the thread is regarding the age of the earth and not what was there before the Big Bang . Nothing so far seems to be addressing the thread topic.

What more would you like us to discuss? Yes, the Earth is very old, around 4.3 billion years in fact. This is common knowledge.

Evie

yes, the earth is old
But how old? Now that is the question to which some claim to know the answer. But it is all theoretical. Beliefs, conjecture, educated guesses. All the scientific jargon sounds good doesn't. And the public eat up every word. I don't.

Last edited:

Evie

Let
But how old? Now that is the question which some claim to know the answer. But it is all theoretical. Beliefs, conjecture, educated guesses. But all the scientific jargon sounds good doesn't. And the public eat up every word. I don't.
Let me just say it has been here long enough for humans to have caused it to be well on it's way to being uninhabitable. It may be a long way off but it sure is heading in that direction.

Evie

Sorry I have no idea what your trying to say ?.
The source of the supposed Big Bang. Nothingness cannot produce anything. And whatever did produce the 'supposed' Big Bang had to already exist. And as such, if not 'God' a Superior Being, or other such Divine Eternal Being, then what? And if you can figure out 'what', you will then be faced with the question of where that originated. As you can see the whole question can go back infinitim. Unless of course you choose to conclude the possibility of a Creator. So there we have it.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The source of the supposed Big Bang. Nothingness cannot produce anything. And whatever did produce the 'supposed' Big Bang had to already exist. And as such, if not 'God' a Superior Being, or other such Divine Eternal Being, then what? And if you can figure out 'what', you will then be faced with the question of where that originated. As you can see the whole question can go back infinitim. Unless of course you choose to conclude the possibility of a Creator. So there we have it.
I see, but what you say is even more ridiculous than any supposed big bang theory, can't you see that ???????????.

Evie

I see, but what you say is even more ridiculous than any supposed big bang theory, can't you see that ???????????.
Even Hawkins the scientist admits that the Big Bang theory had to have something already in existence for a Big Bang to occur. ( if it ever did occur at all). No getting around it. Nothingness cannot ever produce something.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Even Hawkins the scientist admits that the Big Bang theory had to have something already in existence for a Big Bang to occur. ( if it ever did occur at all). No getting around it. Nothingness cannot ever produce something.
Ha, but he never believed in any silly god, do you really believe a god made it all ???.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
Furthermore the thread is regarding the age of the earth and not what was there before the Big Bang . Nothing so far seems to be addressing the thread topic.

If considering the fact that our Solar System is an integrated part of the rotation in the Milky Way galaxy, do you have some thoughts of how it was formed for some 4.6 bill. years ago?

I mean: The formation of the solar System must have a connection to the overall formation in the Milky Way galaxy.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If considering the fact that our Solar System is an integrated part of the rotation in the Milky Way galaxy, do you have some thoughts of how it was formed for some 4.6 bill. years ago?

I mean: The formation of the solar System must have a connection to the overall formation in the Milky Way galaxy.
Well it does, do your homework.

Evie

H
Ha, but he never believed in any silly god, do you really believe a god made it all ???.
He knew that there was a point which eluded him. The point that the Big Bang theory could not have come from nothingness. The name God is the name given to what is yet the unknown 'something' to which all in existence owe their existence. The 'something' replied I AM. Tell them I AM sent you when Pharoah asks who sent you. Moses was told this.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
H

He knew that there was a point which eluded him. The point that the Big Bang theory could not have come from nothingness. The name God is the name given to what is yet the unknown 'something' to which all in existence owe their existence. The 'something' replied I AM. Tell them I AM sent you when Pharoah asks who sent you. Moses was told this.
No, you are in denial, you are trying your best to make your god the creator when you know very well he wasn't, get real for god sake.

Evie

It may very well be true. And if you are content to believe it then I have no wish to 'rock your boat'.

Evie

No, you are in denial, you are trying your best to make your god the creator when you know very well he wasn't, get real for god sake.
As yet not one person has come up with proof either way. Is there or isn't there a Creator? You sound so positive for someone who possesses no absolute proof of what you are saying.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
As yet not one person has come up with proof either way. Is there or isn't there a Creator? You sound so positive for someone who possesses no absolute proof of what you are saying.
And what the hell proof do you have, other than some silly scriptures by a imaginary god ?.

Evie

T
he facts speak for themselves when it comes to the question of there being a Creator of all that exists.i
And what the hell proof do you have, other than some silly scriptures by a imaginary god ?.
I do not have any proof. My question then being: why is humanity left in a state of not knowing? Why is there no absolute proof either way? Instead of asking is or isn't there a God, the bigger question to be asking is: why there is no proof? We are left with beliefs ( religious and otherwise), theories, conjecture etc. but no absolute proof either way. WHY???? That is my stance.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
T

he facts speak for themselves when it comes to the question of there being a Creator of all that exists.i

I do not have any proof. My question then being: why is humanity left in a state of not knowing? Why is there no absolute proof either way? Instead of asking is or isn't there a God, the bigger question to be asking is: why there is no proof? We are left with beliefs ( religious and otherwise), theories, conjecture etc. but no absolute proof either way. WHY???? That is my stance.
But you have no idea what so ever, and here you are making up silly ideas about a god out there somewhere doing it all, can't you see how silly that sounds ??.