• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Evidence for an ancient earth

Evie

T

he facts speak for themselves when it comes to the question of there being a Creator of all that exists.i

I do not have any proof. My question then being: why is humanity left in a state of not knowing? Why is there no absolute proof either way? Instead of asking is or isn't there a God, the bigger question to be asking is: why there is no proof? We are left with beliefs ( religious and otherwise), theories, conjecture etc. but no absolute proof either way. WHY???? That is my stance.
I think you should apply your mind to the question of why there is no proof either way.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
My question then being: why is humanity left in a state of not knowing? Why is there no absolute proof either way? Instead of asking is or isn't there a God, the bigger question to be asking is: why there is no proof? We are left with beliefs ( religious and otherwise), theories, conjecture etc. but no absolute proof either way. WHY? That is my stance.
Those who do not search have beliefs only. Science tells us a whole lot. But what to do if because of your beliefs you do not put your faith in science (methodical investigation)? Why were cars not there in Jesus' time. Everything happens in its own time. With every ay the knowledge of science is expanding. Now it is your choice whether you want to stick to 2,000 year old thoughts or move with times.

Evie

Those who do not search have beliefs only. Science tells us a whole lot. But what to do if because of your beliefs you do not put your faith in science (methodical investigation)? Why were cars not there in Jesus' time. Everything happens in its own time. With every ay the knowledge of science is expanding. Now it is your choice whether you want to stick to 2,000 year old thoughts or move with times.
Should science ever adequately answer the questions of how all came to be I will congratulate their expertise. But even evolution had to have a starting point from which to build the theory. A starting point already in existence. Something cannot evolve from nothing.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
No, you are in denial, you are trying your best to make your god the creator when you know very well he wasn't, get real for god sake.

Not God but an eternal existing thing, we theists call it the creator of every existing things and for the atheists
it can be anything but not necessarily the creator God.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Not knowledge. Just another belief, theory. Add it to the rest.
Look up the meaning of the word "Theory" in particular what it means when a scientist uses it. It is NOT some sort of wild guess, it is backed up with facts and evidence.

Evie

A
Should science ever adequately answer the questions of how all came to be I will congratulate their expertise. But even evolution had to have a starting point from which to build the theory. A starting point already in existence. Something cannot evolve from nothing.
nd I will keep repeating that something cannot come from nothing until it is proven otherwise.

Evie

If
Look up the meaning of the word "Theory" in particular what it means when a scientist uses it. It is NOT some sort of wild guess, it is backed up with facts and evidence.
If any fact existed that proves the existence or non- existence of a Creator, we would not be debating the issue. The fact is, such a fact is non- existent.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Not God but an eternal existing thing, we theists call it the creator of every existing things and for the atheists
it can be anything but not necessarily the creator God.
It doesn't matter what you call it, it just doesn't exist. .

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If considering the fact that our Solar System is an integrated part of the rotation in the Milky Way galaxy, do you have some thoughts of how it was formed for some 4.6 bill. years ago?

I mean: The formation of the solar System must have a connection to the overall formation in the Milky Way galaxy.
How Did the Solar System Form?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
But how old? Now that is the question to which some claim to know the answer. But it is all theoretical. Beliefs, conjecture, educated guesses. All the scientific jargon sounds good doesn't. And the public eat up every word. I don't.
If you do not understand something feel free to ask.

Evie

It doesn't matter what you call it, it just doesn't exist. .
You sound so certain about something which has it's believers and non- believers. Which is where it all rests. On the belief of an individual.
now that is the question, isn't it. There is no absolute answer to that question. The Big Bang theory gives an explanation. But no-one can explain the Big Bang ( if it did occur at all). What was the source of the 'supposed' Big Bang? Nothingness could not trigger an explosion. Even Stephen Hawkins admits this. So what was the source? And from what did that source come into existence?

Evie

You sound so certain about something which has it's believers and non- believers. Which is where it all rests. On the belief of an individual.

now that is the question, isn't it. There is no absolute answer to that question. The Big Bang theory gives an explanation. But no-one can explain the Big Bang ( if it did occur at all). What was the source of the 'supposed' Big Bang? Nothingness could not trigger an explosion. Even Stephen Hawkins admits this. So what was the source? And from what did that source come into existence?
And there is no proof of a Big Bang even having occurred. It is a theory.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
The truth that the laws of physics has been constant since the Big Bang, 13.8 billion years ago can be found in the fact of how successfully we can predict the various features of the universe from the processes that occurred just after the Big Bang using our current laws of physics.

Yes, according to the "current laws of physics". But are these universal? Most of the laws derives from geocentric measurements as for instants with the Newtonian laws of celestial planetary motions around a "gravity center". A motion which was directly contradicted by the observations of objects moving around galactic centers.

IMO all formations and motions takes place as "a circuit of formation" in an eternal Universe and this of course dismiss the very unscientific idea of a "Big Bang" and all its suppositions.

The "atomic decay" is just a part of the eternal changes of charged and discharged particles which eternally takes place in the Universe.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
The Big Bang theory gives an explanation. But no-one can explain the Big Bang ( if it did occur at all). What was the source of the 'supposed' Big Bang? Nothingness could not trigger an explosion. Even Stephen Hawkins admits this. So what was the source? And from what did that source come into existence?
The big bang wasn't an explosion and nobody is suggesting that "nothingness" triggered it. We can have confidence in what there is good evidence for: the universe as we know it now, emerged from a dense hot state about 13 billion years ago.

There are scientific hypotheses on what exactly led to that state (based on the theoies we do have confidence in) but no evidence as yet.

Gods are just pointless guesswork.

Evie

Will
Yes, according to the "current laws of physics". But are these universal? Most of the laws derives from geocentric measurements as for instants with the Newtonian laws of celestial planetary motions around a "gravity center". A motion which was directly contradicted by the observations of objects moving around galactic centers.

IMO all formations and motions takes place as "a circuit of formation" in an eternal Universe and this of course dismiss the very unscientific idea of a "Big Bang" and all its suppositions.

The "atomic decay" is just a part of the eternal changes of charged and discharged particles which eternally takes place in the Universe.
Can anyone out there give me one possible.reason why humanity has no absolute proof of the existence or non- existence of a Creator.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
And there is no proof of a Big Bang even having occurred. It is a theory.
Science doesn't prove theories. A scientific theory is a well tested explanation: one backed up by experimental and/or observational evidence.

Native

Can anyone out there give me one possible.reason why humanity has no absolute proof of the existence or non- existence of a Creator

It´s all "in the mind of human beings". If you imagine a star constellation which looks like a human figure, you have a god or goddess in the Sky. The ancient Egyptians imagined the Milky Way contours of the southern hemisphere as their Great Goddess Hathor of Creation. Link - Hathor - Wikipedia

The mythical/religious "evidence" here can be elaborated further from the mythical texts, but it speaks of a creation which is connected to the Milky Way.

Modern human beings would interpret "gods and goddesses" as "cosmic forces and motions" and if so, the ancient mythical telling´s can be very well understood if one connects the right mythical telling with the correct celestial object and motion.

Native

Science doesn't prove theories. A scientific theory is a well tested explanation: one backed up by experimental and/or observational evidence.

On the other hand: A well tested experiment should lead to an explainable scientific proof, right?