• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everything With Meat

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Even traditionally vegetarian foods, or so it would seem.

Moments ago, I received an email ad from a popular sandwich shop here in the States.

1711721791342.png

I'm thinking to myself, "Awesome!! A new vegetarian sandwich!!"

I mean, caprese...that's usually a salad with tomato, mozzarella, basil, salt, and balsamic olive oil, right?

So I scroll down...

1711721943832.png

:facepalm:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Best vegetarian meal I had in Tennessee during my vacation last year was at Isha.

Other choices were Subway and Taco Bell.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Never heard of Isha.

There was no Subway in this town, but there was a Taco Bell, and that's where we ended up eating.
Subway was the closest restaurant to the cabin I rented...about a 20 minute drive. The closest town that had a Taco Bell was about 45 minutes away.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah! Yeah, I have heard of it, I'd just forgotten. And it wasn't near where we were.
Subway was the closest restaurant to the cabin I rented...about a 20 minute drive. The closest town that had a Taco Bell was about 45 minutes away.
We were just rolling through. I don't remember the name of the town, but it was a tourist trap located at the bottom of a couple mountains. Very pretty, if you could ignore the crowds.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah! Yeah, I have heard of it, I'd just forgotten. And it wasn't near where we were.

We were just rolling through. I don't remember the name of the town, but it was a tourist trap located at the bottom of a couple mountains. Very pretty, if you could ignore the crowds.
I brought enough food with me when I came down to the cabin, because I anticipated the menu at local restaurants. I was just out and about and wanted to grab a bite, and the selection was as I expected.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Somewhat similar is the frustration I often feel when I study "all chicken" sausage brands only to finally discover the casing contains pork. :(
Seems silly when there are vegetarian and vegan sausage casings availalble.

Anything to keep costs down, I guess. :shrug:

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Moments ago, I received an email ad from a popular sandwich shop here in the States.

View attachment 89959

I mean, caprese...that's usually a salad with tomato, mozzarella, basil, salt, and balsamic olive oil, right?

So I scroll down...
You think it's bad now. Try 40 years ago (you probably did), or in my case, adding gluten free to it. On a positive side note, our hotel near SFO had an IHOP 5 minutes away and they had some rather decent gluten free pancakes that I wolfed down too quickly. Two weeks earlier I walked across to the Wendy's and seriously the baked potato was all they had for veggies. Fortunately later that day we hit up a traditional Mexican place that had a lot, but that salsa was HOT.

My metro area now has a whack of vegetarian choices. It's too easy.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
There's a chain of "American/Italian" restaurants called Frankie & Bennies and, if you're into their stylee they have an impressive choice of vegetarian/vegan dishes.

☆Dreamwind☆

View attachment 89959

So I scroll down...

View attachment 89960

A caprese salad sounds like it'd be perfect for the summer months.

A couple summers ago, we stayed overnight in Tennessee, and were struggling to find a place to eat. Sam complained to the person working at the desk in the hotel, and she sympathized "Yeah, there isn't a lot for vegetarians around here. We don't even have a Chick-Fil-A!"
I'm sorry, that made me laugh so hard!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

View attachment 89959

So I scroll down...

View attachment 89960

That's a good looking sammich!