• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyone on RF is really an atheist.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Makes sense to me. Why would there be several all-powerful Gods, why not just one?

Like Pepsi and Coke. More or less the same thing under different names.

I happen to like Pepsi, but I won't choose Coke if I can help it. But enough with the controversial matters :)

I don't dispute that an all-powerful God could (and probably would) manifest in various aspects and cultures. But even in real world history, not all Gods are all-powerful. Or, for that matter, consistent with themselves (even Christians often comment on how different the God of the Jewish scriptures is from that of the Gospels).

I feel that in actual practice one would eventually need to make arbitrary calls on how "real" (for lack of a better word) divinities are. There are living people that claim to be aspects of deities to this day - one of them, a Brazilian named Inri Cristo.

amorphous_constellation

...with regard to one God or another. You know EXACTLY what it is like to be an atheist because that is your attitude toward conceptions of God you disagree with. If someone came up to a Christian, or a Jew, or a Muslim in this forum and proposed that Zeus ruled the earth, none of you would have any problem coming up with excellent arguments as to why it makes no sense that Zeus exists. When it comes to Zeus, you think like an atheist.

Do you agree? Disagree?

Ah.... Good point. That's a new argument I can use if anyone ever says they don't understand what it would be like to be an atheist or they don't understand how they would think. (even though off and on I'm a slight animist.)