• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everyday personal mantras

Scarlett Wampus

psychonaut
So, do you have any everyday mantras? And if so, what are they?

By everyday I mean not common or classic, e.g. "let it come, let it be, let it go".

When I was fond of using a mantra during the first phase I went through when meditating I used to mentally repeat, "relax, let go, be aware" as a kind of steering rod.

Share. Share. Am curious.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
"Hey, it's all good."

Or, my favorite......."It's all Buddha." :D

But I seem to resort to the first most of the time in my everyday conversations to myself and to others. Because, seriously, it's all good.

Peace,
Mystic

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Ha! You missed the 60's counterculture, didn't you?

There was a humorous book: A Child's Garden of Grass, about marijuana use and the anti-pot establishment. In one section it discusses mantras, and recommends making one up. It proposes, as an example, Oon Yellimon. :D

Om bhoor bhuva swahah tat savi tur varenyam bhargo dey vasya dhi mahhi dheeyo yoh na pracho dayaht
The Gayatri Mantra, its a classic in Hinduism, a translation below:

"O God, Thou art the giver of life, the remover of pain and sorrow, the bestower of happiness; O Creator of the Universe, may we receive Thy supreme, sin destroying light; may Thou guide our intellect in the right direction."
I have been saying this since i could talk. Always keeps my mind at ease, he is how to say it:

YouTube - Mantra

Just a lot faster. And certianly not with that accent.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend Scarlett,
Mantras are another method of meditation.
Mantras act in two ways.
1. The sound effect of the mantra slowly vibrates in the being and slowly the vibration emanates out of the body and has its effects.
2. In between each mantra there is a gap and that gap is a nothingness which slowly grows and IT happens.
Love & rgds

koan

How about the mantra at the bottom of the Heart Sutra. Gate, Gate, Paragate, Parasamgate, Bodhi Svaha