• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Everybody was created!!

jt1970

That's right, everybody was created, they had a mother and father.

But how can you be sure? Were you concious at the time? Do you remember?

No, you trust others, and maybe writen documents. YOU HAVE FAITH!!!

How do you know there was a civil war in the US?
Were you there? No, you read historical books AND HAVE FAITH!!!

Faith is beliving that what you're told is true, AND IT IS A BASIC INGREDIENT TO LIFE!!

We know we were created because we have a HISTORICAL account. "In the beginning GOD created the heaven and the earth ..."

Do you have selective FAITH? Beliving only what you want but not the BIBLE? You have a big problem on your hands. I would ask help from the eternal physician. He's merciful you know.

meogi

The fact that they've raised and cared for me my entire life... that kind of trust is all the evidence I need to believe so. There is no faith involved in that decision.

Do you have selective FAITH? Beliving only what you want but not the BIBLE?
You have selective faith as well, my friend. What of other creation stories around the world? They're all written down too. Are they all correct?

M

Majikthise

I was there when my wife gave birth to my daughter and then my son. Some people even videotape it.I was born this wat too, no faith required.

standing_on_one_foot

You're right, it could all be some vast conspiracy against me or something. But believing that would require a heckuva lot more faith than believing that yes, there was a Civil War, and yes, I was born to my parents.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Woof.

And to think of all the time I wasted looking for some type of empirical evidence for ID, when it was right in front of me all along!

TVOR

M

Majikthise

Gentlemen, gentlemen,.... let us all listen to the voice of reason.

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove

You're pretty quick, you know.
Hmmm... Well, I can be pretty sure by realizing that all mammals require a mother and a father, are concieved at a point prior to birth, and are born (with the exception of two species). I can be reasonably sure that I was born, in this manner.
Faith in science and the facts of life? Yep. Sure I do. Perhaps you haven't had "the talk" yet...
There is vast mounds of evidence for there having been a U.S. civil war. Do I have faith in it? Yes. I have faith, again, in science, and in historians. That it happened is not an issue. How it happened is.

Faith is beliving that what you're told is true,
Actually, I thought faith was believing what you believe to be true. That's what it is, in my case anyway. I wouldn't want to be a mindless automaton, like you, apparently, who believes everything it is told. By the way, could you visit a party of mine? We could have lots of fun with you. *Hey, guess what, Faith-boy, your a chicken! Faith-boy: What? I'm a chicken? That can't be right! But wait, he told me I am, and because I have faith, I believe it! Clucks*

AND IT IS A BASIC INGREDIENT TO LIFE!!
To the life of an idiot. You have to objectively consider anything told to you.

We know we were created because we have a HISTORICAL account. "In the beginning GOD created the heaven and the earth ..."
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

Are you serious? That's not a historical account! That's "Largely ficticious" at best! LOL!

How can you possibly try to play off the bible as a historical account?!?!

Do you have selective FAITH?
Obviously you don't. You believe only what you are told, which is the bible. Why not believe in the Qu'Ran, hmm? Because you are selectively faithful. Why? Most likely because your parents told you Christianity was right, and everyone else was wrong. That's not a good base for religious beliefs. Do yourself a favour, and open the door.

Beliving only what you want but not the BIBLE?
Actually, yes. I believe what I want, unlike you.

You have a big problem on your hands.
I'll reserve that judgement to myself.
I would ask help from the eternal physician.
Perhaps you have a contact point? Email? Phone? Pager? Snail mail, at least?

He's merciful you know.
Of course. That's why anyone who doesn't believe in him is sentenced to an eternity in a pit of fire and brimstone, eternal torture included, free of charge.

That's DAMN merciful, if you ask me.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
er, I could compair my genetics to that of my parents...
hey, speaking of wich my genetics are similer to that of apes, and to a lesser degree Chickens and cabbages.

wa:do

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
We know we were created because we have a HISTORICAL account. "In the beginning GOD created the heaven and the earth
That was wrote by Moses, who wasn't thier when the earth was created. How do we know he was right?
Ill write down that in the begining, Goddess threw a very large, very powerful firecracker at God because she was angry, and the firecracker exploded, all of creation was created. This will be a historical account, that some people might believe in a few thousand years.

That's right, everybody was created, they had a mother and father. But how can you be sure? Were you concious at the time? Do you remember?
No, but I can Astral Travel to view my birth. Or, I could just get a DNA test done. But I don't need that. I got the red hair from my moms Irish heritage, a slightly darker skin from my dad's Indian heritage, and a few other physical traits I can trace to them.

It would be very difficult to make up the story of the civil war. You would have to some how convience everyone of the time it happened, make all the monuments to show it happened, and a number of other things. So, logic tells me thier was an American Civil War.

Faith is beliving that what you're told is true,
I agree with Druidus.
You must spread some Karma around before giving it to Druidus again. :banghead3
I would ask help from the eternal physician.
I like Metallica's song The God That Failed. The inspiration came because Metallica's lead singer's mom was diagnosed with cancer. She was so faithful in the "eternal physician," that she refused all medical help. The cancer eventually killed her. Which is were the line "The healing hand held back by the deepend nail, Follow the God that failed" came from. Just a small bit of information I thought I'd share.

He's merciful you know.
Again I agree with Druidus. Throwing everyone in Hell to suffer for eternity because they didn't give in to his whims sure is merciful.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Majikthise said:
Gentlemen, gentlemen,.... let us all listen to the voice of reason.
Why should we ? - he's making out he's barking mad!:jiggy:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
jt1970 said:

Faith is beliving that what you're told is true, AND IT IS A BASIC INGREDIENT TO LIFE!!

Do you have selective FAITH? Beliving only what you want but not the BIBLE? You have a big problem on your hands. I would ask help from the eternal physician. He's merciful you know.
What do your parents think of your belief ?:)

skills101

Vicar of Christ
jt1970 said:
Yes. Of course I do. I believed my textbooks saying that parents make kids. I can easily believe that there was a civil war in the United States. What I'm not going to believe is that there is an invisible force that takes up no matter in the universe.

And yes, you have selective faith too. The fact that you don't believe that super ballistic monkeys created the universe means you have selective faith.

The monkeys are angry, but they ARE merciful. I would suggest you see a psychologist as soon as possible.

A

angellous_evangellous

Everyone having a mother and father proves nothing, except for evolution.

We are a little more sophisticated than this. Give me a break. :eek:

We don't trust others for our self-awareness. We don't need to have faith that we were born from other human beings. If so, your first point is redundant and asenine. However, it is asenine and proves nothing in and of itself. Caps are irritating by the way. If you had a good point here, we certainly would have caught it.

Blah blah blah. There is plenty of evidence for the civil war. We can go to many places in the South and see the canons, the battlefields, and the memorials. Together with letters, uniforms, and other evidence, we can be certian that there was a War Between the States for Southern Independence or the War of Northern Agression.

Perhaps faith is a basic ingredient to life, and this should have been your first point. However, faith in believing in a civil war or that we all have parents is not relevant to faith in God. The civil war and biology are physical and God is metaphysical. Putting "faith" in what can be easily seen or demonstated is not the same thing as placing faith in the incomprehensible Almighty God. We can use DNA testing to find our parents (which by no means proves creationism) and historical critical methods to find out if there was a war (the Trojan war is a much better example), but no tests can be developed to find God.