• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ever notice how atheists are virtually always on the opposite side from God on many issues?

F1fan

Veteran Member
Apparently, given the post you are asking about, it is something that strongly correlates with atheism.

In most situations I would instead consider it an alternate name for "lack of religious wisdom", though. Which is an entirely different thing.
I'd be curious what religion offers actual wisdom, and I mean that as wisdom that can't be learned in non-religious ways.

According to this thread's title apparently atheists are on the wrong side of God, and I haven't seen much about God's (believer's) issues that would attract people who are rational and smart.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I'd be curious what religion offers actual wisdom, and I mean that as wisdom that can't be learned in non-religious ways.

According to this thread's title apparently atheists are on the wrong side of God, and I haven't seen much about God's (believer's) issues that would attract people who are rational and smart.
Beats me. I have come to conclude that "religion" is a very arbitrary thing to define.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Either He's incompetent, or entirely holy and righteous.
That sounds like a seriously false dichotomy.

Why can't god be very competent and a troll (in the internet sense)? Fooling us puny humans with false religions for his own entertainment.
Perhaps she is a highly intelligent masochistic psychopath who enjoys making people fight.

Or you know...the most obvious... god is a figment of human imagination.
That would explain why you feel like god's opinions always align with your own opinions.

Ostronomos

Once again, God is real BECAUSE He was proven using logic. God is not apparent in the matter we perceive. There must be another means of perceiving truth. Just because a fool or atheist takes comfort in believing matter is all there is does not mean that their stubborn refusal to accept God cannot be punctured by the introduction of an Ontological fact into their feeble minds.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Once again, God is real BECAUSE He was proven using logic.
I guess you didn't see the previous times your claims were refutted. You do understand that logic relies on true premises, and that means they are factual, yes?
God is not apparent in the matter we perceive.
What other matter is there, and how do we know it exists if we can't percieve it?
There must be another means of perceiving truth.
Truth means: that which is consistent with reality, and is true. There is also a religious definition that means truth can be whatever an individual decides it is, and no test in reality. Which definition are you referring to?
Just because a fool or atheist ...
So you distinguish fools from atheists, and since atheists are a category that is distinguished by theists, could it be you are classifying theists as fools?
...takes comfort in believing matter is all there is ...
How is it comforting to be honest about what exists is the only thing we can verify exists?

Oddly it is theists who find comfort in implausible concepts.
...does not mean that their stubborn refusal to accept God ...
What God is there to accept? We hear claims of God existsing, but none are shown to exist outside of human imagination. And atheists aren't part of some religious order that has to accept one version or another to belong.
...cannot be punctured by the introduction of an Ontological fact into their feeble minds.
Oddly it is your failure to not accomplish this. Not such fact has been presented.

Ostronomos

I guess you didn't see the previous times your claims were refutted. You do understand that logic relies on true premises, and that means they are factual, yes?
You've made it abundantly clear that despite your ignorance, you continue denying the God concept (not necessarily the same thing as God). I distinguish the two because a God concept is all some people have.

However, make no mistake, there are higher dimensions which you deny because of your blatant ignorance. I've accessed these dimensions through dreams and psychedelics. They allow access to the subconscious mind. I was granted extrasensory perception with the latter while awake in my surroundings. Where entities (good and evil) have interacted with my sleeping body by pushing it or ever so gently touching it. This entire world (which is more real than this one) you deny.

It is because of these higher dimensions which are currently beginning to be understood by String Theorists (still an imprecise science), that we understand that beyond death and the horror of anti-creation and annihilation, consciousness continues on its never-ending journey.
What other matter is there, and how do we know it exists if we can't percieve it?
Firstly, you must admit to the logic that reality is perceiving itself through you. If you deny the logic of self-perceptual reality and observer-participance, then I cannot help you. I can only point out that experience says nothing about dimensions beyond the material realm.

The first step towards accepting God begins with logic. You may or may not have ever had a spiritual experience or a meaningful dream that makes you question whether or not it was more real than the waking world, but I and many others have. It is due to this inconsistency that atheists mistake what is presented to their limited senses as all they believe in.

Truth means: that which is consistent with reality, and is true.
Agreed. Hence, God.

There is also a religious definition that means truth can be whatever an individual decides it is, and no test in reality. Which definition are you referring to?
I refer to the almighty truth that is unveiled through things like extrasensory perception (the 6th sense) and Quantum theory. Atheism is a Classical theory and a primitive belief.
So you distinguish fools from atheists, and since atheists are a category that is distinguished by theists, could it be you are classifying theists as fools?
Some theists may be fools but at the very least they have faith in one almighty God. Personally, I've observed a wide intellectual range among theists. But the most intelligent among them side with a logical theological framework.
How is it comforting to be honest about what exists is the only thing we can verify exists?
Existence does not equate to matter. It equates to information, which equates to mind, which equates to reality.
Oddly it is theists who find comfort in implausible concepts.
Let me make it clear that I do not consider myself a theist. I am a scientific genius who embraces metaphysics.
What God is there to accept?
I apologize for my wording.

I meant to enlighten you as an atheist on the correct concept of God. Which I possess.
We hear claims of God existsing, but none are shown to exist outside of human imagination.

Once again, you are equating human imagination with logic and/or reality. I have a solid foundation for God that is contained within my mind as do a number of other individuals. I do not base this knowledge on the shaky foundation of fanciful beliefs.
And atheists aren't part of some religious order that has to accept one version or another to belong.

Oddly it is your failure to not accomplish this. Not such fact has been presented.
I have not failed to accomplish my goal of establishing a solid argument for God. It is you and a few militant atheists who struggle with the correct concept of God that has led to your downfall. If you ask anyone else they would agree with me.

F1fan

Veteran Member
You've made it abundantly clear that despite your ignorance, you continue denying the God concept (not necessarily the same thing as God).
False, I have never denied there are God concepts.
I distinguish the two because a God concept is all some people have.
I suggest it is all believers have since thus far no gods are known to exist outside of human imagination. I see you like to bluff this issue, claiming that a God exists, but you haven't followed through with actual evidence and a coherent explanation.
However, make no mistake, there are higher dimensions which you deny because of your blatant ignorance. I've accessed these dimensions through dreams and psychedelics. They allow access to the subconscious mind. I was granted extrasensory perception with the latter while awake in my surroundings. Where entities (good and evil) have interacted with my sleeping body by pushing it or ever so gently touching it. This entire world (which is more real than this one) you deny.
Sounds like a great imagined experience you had. I'm not convinced it is what you think it is. Sorry.
It is because of these higher dimensions which are currently beginning to be understood by String Theorists (still an imprecise science), that we understand that beyond death and the horror of anti-creation and annihilation, consciousness continues on its never-ending journey.
My guess is you misunderstand their science.
Firstly, you must admit to the logic that reality is perceiving itself through you. If you deny the logic of self-perceptual reality and observer-participance, then I cannot help you. I can only point out that experience says nothing about dimensions beyond the material realm.
Logic is a tool. It is evidence that you need, and that you don't offer any is your Achilies Heel. You are very good at making fantastic claims, but very bad at showing they are true, or even likley true.
The first step towards accepting God begins with logic. You may or may not have ever had a spiritual experience or a meaningful dream that makes you question whether or not it was more real than the waking world, but I and many others have. It is due to this inconsistency that atheists mistake what is presented to their limited senses as all they believe in.
There is no logic in assuming dreams are factual or revealing of some mysterious reality. Notice your lack of support for anything you claim.
Agreed. Hence, God.
Ooops, you forgot the evidence that demonsrates a God exists, and is reality. Hence, you are mistaken once again.
I refer to the almighty truth that is unveiled through things like extrasensory perception (the 6th sense) and Quantum theory. Atheism is a Classical theory and a primitive belief.
What an excellent example of confirmation bias. You have decided what truth is, and no test in reality.
Some theists may be fools but at the very least they have faith in one almighty God. Personally, I've observed a wide intellectual range among theists. But the most intelligent among them side with a logical theological framework.
Don't ignore Hindus who have multiple gods. So if some theists are fools and have faith in at least one God, how reliable can their belief be?
Existence does not equate to matter. It equates to information, which equates to mind, which equates to reality.
You accused atheists being comforted by the thought of there being nothing but matter, and I asked what else can be conformed as existing. And all you can come up with is information? Information is a human construct, and as such depends on minds, which are material processes. So your answer is that you can't inform us that there is anything other than matter existing.
Let me make it clear that I do not consider myself a theist.
Yet oddly asserts a God exists as a fact. Sorry, you're in that category. Why would you even want to think a God exists in the first place?
I am a scientific genius who embraces metaphysics.
Did you come to this realization in your dreams, or on psychedelics?
I apologize for my wording.

I meant to enlighten you as an atheist on the correct concept of God. Which I possess.
Why don't you enlighten we atheists with evidence of this God. The concept means nothing. It's just a description. Do you possess that, or still just bluffing?
Once again, you are equating human imagination with logic and/or reality. I have a solid foundation for God that is contained within my mind as do a number of other individuals. I do not base this knowledge on the shaky foundation of fanciful beliefs.
I don't believe you. I guess you have convinced yourself, which is easy for theists to do to themselves, but you haven't offered any comvelling evidence nor an explanation to you are correct.
I have not failed to accomplish my goal of establishing a solid argument for God.
You're just failing to present it. Are you afraid to? Maybe it has errors.
It is you and a few militant atheists who struggle with the correct concept of God that has led to your downfall.
A downfall that you imagine in your dreams, perhaps. But of course it is easier to blame others than be honorable and back up your extraordinary claims. I'm not sure if you are bluffing, or insecure about what you think is the correct concept of God, and not having evidence for it.
If you ask anyone else they would agree with me.
Like your grandmother? Who is coming to your defense on the forum?

Ostronomos

You may be a hopeless case.

I cannot give any evidence for my experiences because they are unique discoveries made on behalf of my divine sight. However, I sympathize with your inability to gain access to the "ultimate reality". If evidence is what you wish for you may be barking up the wrong tree. But even logic trumps evidence because evidence can become a distant memory that no longer holds significance in one's mind. However, logic reigns supreme. I speak with authority when I say that for evidence, you need only enter the higher dimensions.

Your dismissal of everything religious and God-like despite the invitation to imagine other possibilities is an ignorant response that discourages anyone besides the ignorant from engaging with you. You are deeply flawed. I suggest you read CTMU Wiki if you wish for a stronger argument than mine for the existence of God. I can only imagine it will lead to further denial on your part.

Ostronomos

Allow me to illustrate the nature of God and the logic of the theory of God.

From my 2018 supertautology, I observed the world around me and concluded that reality is the set of all things that exist. Then I shared this with Langan over Facebook which he then wrote two papers on a "post-Quantum" theory and the Reality Self-simulation principle a few years later.

It is my pleasure to bring you this explanation in condensed format over the above youtube video from earlier this year.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Beats me. I have come to conclude that "religion" is a very arbitrary thing to define.
Let me try. Religion is a mix of plagiarized social rules and branded as its own with a lot of superstition. It is supposed to be a supplement for mental nutrition to the ignorant people. :)

F1fan

Veteran Member

Allow me to illustrate the nature of God and the logic of the theory of God.

From my 2018 supertautology, I observed the world around me and concluded that reality is the set of all things that exist. Then I shared this with Langan over Facebook which he then wrote two papers on a "post-Quantum" theory and the Reality Self-simulation principle a few years later.

It is my pleasure to bring you this explanation in condensed format over the above youtube video from earlier this year.
That has to be one of the worst videos I've seen. It's just a bunch of claims/comments, not any coherent expanation.

I'm always wary of those who claim a God is proved, and then fail to prove it.

Ostronomos

That has to be one of the worst videos I've seen. It's just a bunch of claims/comments, not any coherent expanation.

I'm always wary of those who claim a God is proved, and then fail to prove it.

I can sympathize with your failure to comprehend the supernatural. Unsurprisingly, you lack the necessary attributes to accept even the most basic of concepts.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I can sympathize with your failure to comprehend the supernatural. Unsurprisingly, you lack the necessary attributes to accept even the most basic of concepts.
Congtratulations, you submitted a post without declaring yourself a God.