• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Errors in the Quran

Sabour

But the Koran doesn't contain any miracles. The Koran doesn't say reflected light or mention the big bang...lol.
It only repeats ignorance people had back then.

I think you didn't follow, I said it contains something which shows that it is the true word of God. Some call them miracles, some call them signs.

Farrukh

But the Koran doesn't contain any miracles. The Koran doesn't say reflected light or mention the big bang...lol.
It only repeats ignorance people had back then.

Wiki says The lowest point on dry land is the shore of the Dead Sea, shared by Israel, Palestine and Jordan, 418 m (1,371 ft) below sea level.

Quran says
The Byzantines(Romans) have been defeated
In the lowest land. But they, after their defeat, will overcome.
Within three to nine years. To Allah belongs the command before and after. And that day the believers will rejoice. Quran 30:2-4

these verses reveal that the Romans have been defeated (by Persians) in a place, which is the lowest land of earth.

word used for lower is أَدْنَى (Adna), this word has meanings like bottom, lower, below, down,... Google Translator

scholars of that time only considered this word as 'near' but Geology has revealed that it was the lowest part of the land on earth.

In 614 AD, five years after Bi'thaat (appointment of Muhammed as the prophet), a battle occurred between Iran (Persia) and Rome (Byzantine) in a place near Jerusalem. King Khosro Parviz, the emperor of Iran invaded Jerusalem and committed genocide and took the cross ascribed to Jesus Christ with himself.
Parviz continuously dominated the Romans until he conquered the Asia Minor (now Turkey), which was the greatest part of the empire of Byzantine in that time. In 617 AD, he advanced on the city of Constantine. Heraclius tried to flee. He dispatched the government properties to Africa but they were trapped by the Persian troops in Roman Sea and were called as the “unlooked-for and easy come treasure”. The great ones of Byzantine held Heraclius, not letting him flee and made him fight with the Persians. Eventually, in 622 AD, he vanquished the troops of Parviz in the port of Isus, which was located in the south of Asia Minor and this was the beginning of Romans’ victory over the Persians..
Complete article

isn't it sign? in fact there are many.

I think you didn't follow, I said it contains something which shows that it is the true word of God. Some call them miracles, some call them signs.

I know what you said.
I'm telling you that your claims are nonsense.

The only signs the Koran contains are those which were convincing to 7th century Arabs. If you had read this thread you would understand why.
Here are just some example of the myths the Koran contains:

Ancient people believed the sky was a canopy(roof) built by God and was solid without cracks. The Koran describes the sky exactly as people though back then and calls it a sign
They also believed there were seven visible heavens they could see one above another. The Koran describes the sevens just as people believed back then and calls it a sign.
They also believed the earth and heavens were joined together before being split apart and the heaven was raised above the earth. The Koran says just that and calls it a sign.
They also believed the sun traveled around the earth and it's daily course was completed at night. The Koran confirms this myth too and claims the signs are made clear.
So these are just some examples of why the Koran cannot be from God as time and time again it repeats popular myths of that era and claims they were signs to it's revealed audience.

Last edited:
Wiki says The lowest point on dry land is the shore of the Dead Sea, shared by Israel, Palestine and Jordan, 418 m (1,371 ft) below sea level.

Quran says
The Byzantines(Romans) have been defeated
In the lowest land. But they, after their defeat, will overcome.
Within three to nine years. To Allah belongs the command before and after. And that day the believers will rejoice. Quran 30:2-4

these verses reveal that the Romans have been defeated (by Persians) in a place, which is the lowest land of earth.

word used for lower is أَدْنَى (Adna), this word has meanings like bottom, lower, below, down,... Google Translator

scholars of that time only considered this word as 'near' but Geology has revealed that it was the lowest part of the land on earth.

In 614 AD, five years after Bi'thaat (appointment of Muhammed as the prophet), a battle occurred between Iran (Persia) and Rome (Byzantine) in a place near Jerusalem. King Khosro Parviz, the emperor of Iran invaded Jerusalem and committed genocide and took the cross ascribed to Jesus Christ with himself.
Parviz continuously dominated the Romans until he conquered the Asia Minor (now Turkey), which was the greatest part of the empire of Byzantine in that time. In 617 AD, he advanced on the city of Constantine. Heraclius tried to flee. He dispatched the government properties to Africa but they were trapped by the Persian troops in Roman Sea and were called as the “unlooked-for and easy come treasure”. The great ones of Byzantine held Heraclius, not letting him flee and made him fight with the Persians. Eventually, in 622 AD, he vanquished the troops of Parviz in the port of Isus, which was located in the south of Asia Minor and this was the beginning of Romans’ victory over the Persians..
Complete article

isn't it sign? in fact there are many.

No it's not a sign, for many reasons:

Miraculous scientific knowledge in the Qur'an: Dead Sea is lowest point on the earth!

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Answering Islam? LOL

Nice source. I'm not disputing whether the Qur'an is scientifically accurate, as I have stated several times that it's a book of faith, not a science book.

However, if you wish to have your arguments taken seriously in the least, I strongly urge you to NOT choose vividly anti-Islam websites as your evidence/source.

:facepalm:

Answering Islam? LOL

Nice source. I'm not disputing whether the Qur'an is scientifically accurate, as I have stated several times that it's a book of faith, not a science book.

However, if you wish to have your arguments taken seriously in the least, I strongly urge you to NOT choose vividly anti-Islam websites as your evidence/source.

I know the Koran isn't a science book, but it describes the world just like a 7th century Arab would. This is clear evidence to any logical/rational person to realize it's not from any God.
I have read the article and it makes sense and refutes the miracle claims put forward, by all means remove your hand from your forehead and start typing and explain why it's wrong.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I know the Koran isn't a science book, but it describes the world just like a 7th century Arab would. This is clear evidence to any logical/rational person to realize it's not from any God.
I have read the article and it makes sense and refutes the miracle claims put forward, by all means remove your hand from your forehead and start typing and explain why it's wrong.

Wow, a little defensive, aren't we?

I don't need to prove it wrong, because, as I've explicitly said:

I don't believe the Qur'an to be scientifically accurate. I believe it is a book of FAITH of those who choose to follow it. To others, it is just pages with words on it.

faith:
belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion
b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust

science::
knowledge about or study of the natural world based on facts learned through experiments and observation

Source

Two different things, and if you actually read what I said, you would see that I agree with you. What else do I need to explain?

I like my hand on my forehead; I think better that way. ;)

Wow, a little defensive, aren't we?

I don't need to prove it wrong, because, as I've explicitly said:

I don't believe the Qur'an to be scientifically accurate. I believe it is a book of FAITH of those who choose to follow it. To others, it is just pages with words on it.

faith:

science::

Source

Two different things, and if you actually read what I said, you would see that I agree with you. What else do I need to explain?

I like my hand on my forehead; I think better that way. ;)

You were mocking the link I provided, despite not reading it. Even though it logically refutes the claims made by Farrukh by using Islamic sources.
The Koran is obviously not a science book but it claims it makes clear the signs, by describing the world just as you would expect a 7th century Arab would.
Certainly not from an all knowing God who created it.
Strange eh..?

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
You were mocking the link I provided, despite not reading it. Even though it logically refutes the claims made by Farrukh by using Islamic sources.
The Koran is obviously not a science book but it claims it makes clear the signs, by describing the world just as you would expect a 7th century Arab would.
Strange eh..?

I mentioned the source because there are so many other more reputable sources to choose from to prove your point. Most Muslims are very aware of most, if not all, of the anti-Islam websites, and will shut down your argument based on the source itself.

Oh, and I read it; it's best not to accuse without knowing the truth.

The Qur'an never claims to be scientific, it's some Muslims who do.

I mentioned the source because there are so many other more reputable sources to choose from to prove your point. Most Muslims are very aware of most, if not all, of the anti-Islam websites, and will shut down your argument based on the source itself.

The argument would not be shut down unless they could refute it.

Oh, and I read it; it's best not to accuse without knowing the truth.

Yet you did not refute it.

The Qur'an never claims to be scientific, it's some Muslims who do.

I never said the Koran claims to be scientific. My point is the Koran describes the world as you would expect a 7th century Arab would, as it confirmed to them popular
myths believed back then. Not only that but the Koran appeals to these myths as a sign of Allahs existence!

Here is one example:

Back then people believed the solid sky was built by God(s) as a canopy/roof like structure:

The Koran then asks it's readers:

02.22: PICKTHAL: Who hath appointed the earth a resting-place for you, and the sky a canopy;

The above verse is asking its 7th century who has created the sky a canopy.
Note the emphasis is not on its existence but on who created them after all they already believed the sky was a solid canopy.
No one reading the verse back then would have raised an eyebrow that the sky was described as a canopy as this is what they already believed and the Koran only confirms this.

The following verse describes the sky as roof which again is what ancient people believed back then. It also claims such a roof was a sign to them:

PICKTHAL: And we have made the sky a roof withheld (from them). Yet they turn away from its portents.

What canopy/roof was a sign to people who already believed in a solid sky?

In other verses the Koran claims Allah 'built' the sky and that he holds it up and prevents it from falling and he made it without cracks.

All of which displays an ignorance by the author of the Koran.
It's signs like these which correlate with the ignorance a 7th century person had that clearly shows the author of the Koran is not God.
There are many such examples of Allah claiming signs of his existence through commonly held myths people had back then.

Last edited:

Farrukh

Certainly not from an all knowing God who created it.
Strange eh..?

I saw this story on a TV program and then Googled it. Whatever is written in Answering-Islam, there is answer on Answering-Christianity. You only checked one website because it was the thing you were looking for, the thing that should support your view. :)

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The argument would not be shut down unless they could refute it.

Well I don't speak or refute for them. They can certainly chime in.

Yet you did not refute it.

Do you always refute things you basically agree with?

I never said the Koran claims to be scientific. My point is the Koran describes the world as you would expect a 7th century Arab would, as it confirmed to them popular
myths believed back then. Not only that but the Koran appeals to these myths as a sign of Allahs existence!

Here is one example:

Back then people believed the solid sky was built by God(s) as a canopy/roof like structure:

The Koran then asks it's readers:

02.22: PICKTHAL: Who hath appointed the earth a resting-place for you, and the sky a canopy;

The above verse is asking its 7th century who has created the sky a canopy.
Note the emphasis is not on its existence but on who created them after all they already believed the sky was a solid canopy.
No one reading the verse back then would have raised an eyebrow that the sky was described as a canopy as this is what they already believed and the Koran only confirms this.

The following verse describes the sky as roof which again is what ancient people believed back then. It also claims such a roof was a sign to them:

PICKTHAL: And we have made the sky a roof withheld (from them). Yet they turn away from its portents.

What canopy/roof was a sign to people who already believed in a solid sky?

In other verses the Koran claims Allah 'built' the sky and that he holds it up and prevents it from falling and he made it without cracks.

All of which displays an ignorance by the author of the Koran.
It's signs like these which correlate with the ignorance a 7th century person had that clearly shows the author of the Koran is not God.
There are many such examples of Allah claiming signs of his existence through commonly held myths people had back then.

Yawn. You have repeated yourself more times in this thread than anyone I have ever seen. Do you have a point with me or are you going to continue to argue with someone who agrees with you that the Qur'an is not scientifically accurate?

Come up with something new or I'm done discussing this with you.

Peace.

I saw this story on a TV program and then Googled it. Whatever is written in Answering-Islam, there is answer on Answering-Christianity. You only checked one website because it was the thing you were looking for, the thing that should support your view. :)

Answers mean nothing. Logical arguments and facts are what counts.

Well I don't speak or refute for them. They can certainly chime in.

Then there's no need to make a comment regarding them.

Yawn. You have repeated yourself more times in this thread than anyone I have ever seen.

Sure I've repeated points as this is a lengthy thread and I cannot be sure everyone who replies on this thread has read it all.
Also the points I've made have yet to addressed.
Talking of repetitiveness have you read the Koran?! ;)

Do you have a point with me or are you going to continue to argue with someone who agrees with you that the Qur'an is not scientifically accurate?

The point is the Koran is in error as it describes the world as typical 7th century person would have and calls it a sign!!
They may have a sign for people back then as it confirmed their erroneous understandings but now we know these myths have nothing to do with reality or any God.
Why would anyone believe in an ignorant God?

Come up with something new or I'm done discussing this with you.

Just like all the muslims who have responded before you on this thread you have no explanation for why again and again Allah repeats prevalent myths of that era as a sign of his existence.
Allahs ignorance is clear yet muslims are not bothered by it.
There's an obvious explanation for that...fear!

See ya!

Last edited:

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
why again and again Allah repeats prevalent myths of that era as a sign of his existence.

See ya!

Peace be on everyone.

[Holy Quran, ch 42 : v 30]
"And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and of whatever living creatures (da'bbah) He has spread forth in both and He has the power to gather them together (jam-'i-him) when He will so please."

Allah the Exalted has used the word used Da'bbah in above verse.

i- This word covers all animals which creep or move along the surface of the earth. It does not apply to animals which fly or swim. It is certainly not applicable to any form of spiritual life.

ii- In Arabic a ghost will never be referred to as da'bbah, nor an angel for that matter.

iii- The second part of the same verse tells about the existence of extraterrestrial life. This is a claim which even the most modern scientific researchers have not been able to make so far with any measure of certainty.

iv- The last part of the verse says: " and He has the power to gather them together (jam-'i-him) when He will so please." ..........The word jama' can imply either a physical contact or a contact through communication. Only the future will tell how and when this contact will take place, but the very fact that more than fourteen hundred years ago such a possibility was even predicted is miraculous in itself.

v- What the Quran asserted as a fact, around fourteen hundred years ago, is just beginning to appear as a feasible reality to the scientists of today! The Quran goes a step further when it predicts that man shall one day make contact with extraterrestrial life.

More:https://www.alislam.org/library/books/revelation/part_4_section_7.html

Peace be on everyone.

[Holy Quran, ch 42 : v 30]
"And among His Signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth, and of whatever living creatures (da'bbah) He has spread forth in both and He has the power to gather them together (jam-'i-him) when He will so please."

Allah the Exalted has used the word used Da'bbah in above verse.

ii- In Arabic a ghost will never be referred to as da'bbah, nor an angel for that matter.

I don't see how this explains the myths that are in the Koran.
Anyhow Ibn Kathir tells us what these living creatures are:

(and whatever moving creatures) this includes the angels, men, Jinn and all the animals with their different shapes, colors, languages, natures, kinds and types. He has distributed them throughout the various regions of the heavens and earth.

Quran Tafsir Ibn Kathir - Among the Signs of Allah is the Creation of the Heavens and the Earth

Scimitar

Eschatologist
Unless you can explain why the koran again and again repeats myths of that era as sign of Allahs existence, one can only assume you are the one who's brain (dead).

Myths? What myths? You may need to take a comparative look at history whilst considering the importance of narrative in a given context. Until then I'd say your brain needs exercising...

...best