• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Errors in the Quran

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Can you provide a list of non-Muslim or Muslim sponsored scientists, biologists professors etc, that claim the Quran was divine, so that this statement can have some value.

I don't think we need to listen for more scientists,all basic information is available in the scientific books and the net,we can search and investigate the truth ourselves.

The atheists will always find a reason for their denial such as those information were known since the time of Greece,or it was coincidence or it can have many meanings and it is a forer effect.

How an illiterate man before 1400 years could know or even think that the universe started as a one piece,no one could even imagine that and even we can't realize how the universe can started from one point and the more amazing that the quran said that we are expanding it.

So what we need the scientists for,it is already known for the laymen,me and you know it.

So they can always have a reason for their denial such as Mohammed stole this information from the Greece or it is a fore effect or it is just happened to match our modern science...etc.

I think atheists won't believe whatever signs brought to them and even in the times of Mohammed atheists were knowing he was a prophet and fought him,i can't understand why,you can see a believer and you can see a disbeliever and i think this world is as the school to see who will pass the test.

Farrukh

Can you provide a list of non-Muslim or Muslim sponsored scientists, biologists professors etc, that claim the Quran was divine, so that this statement can have some value.

though an old story but I like to share it,
in 1981, team of scientists headed by a Russian Professor Maurice Bucaille were examining Pharaoh's mummy in France, and according to their report "Pharaoh was drawn in the sea, and the body was rescued very shortly where it was immediately embalmed to be saved", someone told Maurice that Muslims already have some story about this mummy in their book but he firmly denied such thing saying that it's impossible to discover this without the development of science and without using his high-tech and complicated laboratories and computers. He was amazed that how can a book existed 1400 years ago speak about the mummy that was found in 1898? He read Bible and Holy Quran, and spent 10 years in comparing scientific research with Holy Quran and finally wrote a famous book titled "The Bible, the Quran and Science: The Holy Scriptures Examined in the light of Modern Knowledge.", and he accepted Islam. The book sold out and even hundreds of thousands of it were translated from French to Arabic, English, Indonesian, Persian, Turkish and German. :)

Maurice Bucaille -Wiki

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
I don't think we need to listen for more scientists,all basic information is available in the scientific books and the net,we can search and investigate the truth ourselves.

The atheists will always find a reason for their denial such as those information were known since the time of Greece,or it was coincidence or it can have many meanings and it is a forer effect.

How an illiterate man before 1400 years could know or even think that the universe started as a one piece,no one could even imagine that and even we can't realize how the universe can started from one point and the more amazing that the quran said that we are expanding it.

So what we need the scientists for,it is already known for the laymen,me and you know it.

So they can always have a reason for their denial such as Mohammed stole this information from the Greece or it is a fore effect or it is just happened to match our modern science...etc.

I think atheists won't believe whatever signs brought to them and even in the times of Mohammed atheists were knowing he was a prophet and fought him,i can't understand why,you can see a believer and you can see a disbeliever and i think this world is as the school to see who will pass the test.

I am not an atheist. I'm an Orthodox Jew.

though an old story but I like to share it,
in 1981, team of scientists headed by a Russian Professor Maurice Bucaille were examining Pharaoh's mummy in France, and according to their report "Pharaoh was drawn in the sea, and the body was rescued very shortly where it was immediately embalmed to be saved", someone told Maurice that Muslims already have some story about this mummy in their book but he firmly denied such thing saying that it's impossible to discover this without the development of science and without using his high-tech and complicated laboratories and computers. He was amazed that how can a book existed 1400 years ago speak about the mummy that was found in 1898? He read Bible and Holy Quran, and spent 10 years in comparing scientific research with Holy Quran and finally wrote a famous book titled "The Bible, the Quran and Science: The Holy Scriptures Examined in the light of Modern Knowledge.", and he accepted Islam. The book sold out and even hundreds of thousands of it were translated from French to Arabic, English, Indonesian, Persian, Turkish and German. :)

Maurice Bucaille -Wiki

"Unsurprisingly, such assertions have been ridiculed by scientists and sophisticated theologians."
-Sameer Rahim

Agnostic75

Does anyone know of any American biologists who grew up in the U.S., got a Ph.D. in biology, and then became a Muslim?

Does anyone know of any French biologists who grew up in France, got a Ph.D. in biology, and then became a Muslim?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Last edited:

Pastek

Sunni muslim
Does anyone know of any American biologists who grew up in the U.S., got a Ph.D. in biology, and then became a Muslim?

Does anyone know of any French biologists who grew up in France, got a Ph.D. in biology, and then became a Muslim?

I think some are americans or maybe canadians, but they don't say they converted :

I used to have the videotape cassette (yeah it's very old) of this documentary but i don't find it on internet, only some little parts and some of them converted (an asian). In the video they gave the name of the books of some of the scientists, i remember it was about embriology and this kind of things anyway there's their name so maybe you can search for it.

[youtube]FUUPYs0gElU[/youtube]

In this video from the same documentary, one converted (not an american).

[youtube]QhHr7OBQrKs[/youtube]

Agnostic75

Imad-ad-Dean Ahmad is a Muslim scholar, and president of the Minaret of Freedom Institute, a libertarian tax-exempt Muslim think-tank. There is an article about him at Imad-ad-Dean Ahmad - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

In an article at The Trouble with the New "Islamic Science" - The New Atlantis, Ahmad strongly criticizes Muslims who claim that Muslim writings contain miraculous scientific information.

The followinig articles claim that Muslim writings do not contain any miraculous scientific information. The last link is a discussion forum, and some of the members are ex-Muslims.

The Qur'an and Modern Science: Debunking Qur'anic Science: Was everything created in pairs and do plants have gender? If so is this another miracolous Prediction in the Qur'an?

Islam and Science - WikiIslam

The Jawa Report: The Myths of Islam - Islam and the “Golden Age” of Scientific Discovery

Islamic Science: Does Islamic literature contain scientific miracles?

Qur'an and Science: Embryology

Does Qur'an Have any scientific Miracles? [10 Top-most Scientific Myths about Qur’an]

Scientific Miracles in the Qur'an Debunked.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

Bring what you think of it as an error,Just quoting links from other forums or links discussing those issues then what we have to discuss here,i may just refer you to similar links,so why this forum is for,just to copy and paste links.

Bring what you have in your mind and not what in others mind,i think you have your own intelligent to discuss those issues one by one.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Ha ha, these claims of miracles are just propaganda.
These scientists were not only paid good money, but they also could not verify what the koran was saying and went along with it.

Here is one example of how this works, with Prof Hay who was one of the scientists, who so called claimed their were miracles in the Koran.

[youtube]Bygb30gAqOs[/youtube]
William Hay - Quote mined scientist denounces Quran miracle claims - YouTube

Huh,fine that you found one of your friends,try you may find the others saying the same silly things.

What do you think about the other scientists,do you think there were guns on their heads to say those words.

[youtube]ql5AO-OuOx4[/youtube]
Quran On Embryology Dr TVN Persuad - YouTube

University of Manitoba - Development & Advancement - Dr. T.V.N. (Vid) Persaud, Professor Emeritus

Last edited:

Pastek

Sunni muslim
These articles claim that Muslim writings do not contain any miraculous scientific information. The last link is a discussion forum, and some of the members are ex-Muslims.

I looked quickly at those links (ps : Wikislam is anti-islam website with many misinformation) but it wasn't from scientists.

I'm not a scientist and i don't know much about all the "miracles" as i don't have enought knowledge about science. I just saw 1 or 2 videos some years ago.
I'm not aware there's any scientist in this forum (i'm not saying people are stupid and can't learn by himself) but from some videos we have seen above, some of them said there's things they only discovered in the 20 century.

So we need to know what they were talking about. The fact that Truthisnotyourenemy think that all those people were paid and lied doesn't make sense.

Here one of the scientist in the documentary that i gave link about (who didn't convert to Islam) says that there's "things" that we only discovered fews years ago.

This is a scientist saying that, i think he probably knows what was already discovered before by the Greeks or other people in the past.
But he said that in the Quran there were things we only discovered now.
Too bad we don't have access at the complete debate.

(Watch at 2:15 directly that's what he said)

[youtube]IObOzMAQ3hI[/youtube]

Huh,fine that you found one of your friends,try you may find the others saying the same silly things.

What do you think about the other scientists,do you think there were guns on their heads to say those words.

[youtube]ql5AO-OuOx4[/youtube]
Quran On Embryology Dr TVN Persuad - YouTube

University of Manitoba - Development & Advancement - Dr. T.V.N. (Vid) Persaud, Professor Emeritus

Silly things!?

These scientists were well paid. Also they were told what the Koran said and they just accepted and said what they had to.
Anyone who knows anything about science would know that the koran does not contain anything miraculous. The few things it gets right were already known by the Greeks.
Today no one would give a brief description on embryology without mentioning the female egg which is just as important as the male sperm. This was not known by the Greeks and unsurprisingly neither did Allah. To a logical person this alone is clear evidence the author of the Koran was not God, but an ignorant human being.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Silly things!?

These scientists were well paid. Also they were told what the Koran said and they just accepted and said what they had to.
Anyone who knows anything about science would know that the koran does not contain anything miraculous. The few things it gets right were already known by the Greeks.
Today no one would give a brief description on embryology without mentioning the female egg which is just as important as the male sperm. This was not known by the Greeks and unsurprisingly neither did Allah. To a logical person this alone is clear evidence the author of the Koran was not God, but an ignorant human being.

so are you saying that those professors lied to get some money.
Are those professor in need for money ?

What your evidence that they offered money to lie and they accepted the offer.
Can't you see how silly your position is in accusing a honorable western scientists that authored many scientific books and rewards as liars,shame on you

so are you saying that those professors lied to get some money.
Are those professor in need for money ?

What your evidence that they offered money to lie and they accepted the offer.
Can't you see how silly your position is in accusing a honorable western scientists that authored many scientific books and rewards as liars,shame on you

Lol, they didn't do it for the fun of it, I can tell you that much.

As mentioned before some were tricked like prof Hay.
As was Alfred Kroner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClHuG880pqU

You don't need to be a scientist to know the Koran has nothing to do with God.
You just need common sense and a fear free brain.

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Lol, they didn't do it for the fun of it, I can tell you that much.

As mentioned before some were tricked like prof Hay.
As was Alfred Kroner:

[youtube]ClHuG880pqU[/youtube]
Alfred Kröner - Quote mined scientist denounces Quran miracle claims - YouTube

You don't need to be a scientist to know the Koran has nothing to do with God.
You just need common sense and a fear free brain.

don't talk about tricks because it sounds ridiculous,they aren't stupids to say things they don't want to say.

Let's see what Alfred said by his own words and no one forced him to say about his opinion at that given time

Professor Alfred Kroner who is one of the world's most famous geologists. He is a Professor of Geology and the Chairman of the Department of Geology at the Institute of Geosciences, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany. Professor Alfred said:

bullet.gif
"Thinking about many of these questions and thinking where Muhammad came from, he was after all a Bedouin. I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found out within the last few years with very complicated and advanced technological methods that this is the case."

bullet.gif
He also said: "Somebody who did not know something about nuclear physics 1400 years ago could not, I think, be in a position to find out from his own mind for instance that the earth and the heavens had the same origin, or many others of the questions that we have discussed here."

This is one of the great western scientist changing his own words in one day night,do you want us to believe about Darwin and the other scientist who don't fear God as you are requesting me not to fear god too,but yes i will still fear God till i die than being that cheap,they are all the same,as you said they do it for money and not for the fun of it.shame on those kind of scientists,disgusting.

don't talk about tricks because it sounds ridiculous,they aren't stupids to say things they don't want to say.

Let's see what Alfred said by his own words and no one forced him to say about his opinion at that given time

Professor Alfred Kroner who is one of the world's most famous geologists. He is a Professor of Geology and the Chairman of the Department of Geology at the Institute of Geosciences, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany. Professor Alfred said:

bullet.gif
"Thinking about many of these questions and thinking where Muhammad came from, he was after all a Bedouin. I think it is almost impossible that he could have known about things like the common origin of the universe, because scientists have only found out within the last few years with very complicated and advanced technological methods that this is the case."

bullet.gif
He also said: "Somebody who did not know something about nuclear physics 1400 years ago could not, I think, be in a position to find out from his own mind for instance that the earth and the heavens had the same origin, or many others of the questions that we have discussed here."

This is one of the great western scientist changing his own words in one day night,do you want us to believe about Darwin and the other scientist who don't fear God as you are requesting me not to fear god too,but yes i will still fear God till i die than being that cheap,they are all the same,as you said they do it for money and not for the fun of it.shame on those kind of scientists,disgusting.

This scientist I believe never said the koran claimed any miracles. This video is out of context. He was responding to claims made by muslims in a discussion that the Koran mentions the big bang etc.
Fear is what evil dictators rely on to control people, a loving God would not rely on this emotion to make you believe. Fear can make one believe in many religions or Gods but never the right one.

Last edited:

Sabour

Some people say that if Quraan contains scientific miracles, than Quraan should explicitly state them. This group goes to say that there are no such thing as scientific miracles because they must be explicit statement. A verse that clearly shows that the light of the moon is reflected, or a verse that talk about the big bang. However this is not the case. Because the Quraan is not a book of science. It is a book of signs.

When we say that it contains scientific miracles, we are not saying that Quraan can replace science. We are saying that the Quraan contains some signs that are verified by science which proves that it is the word of God for this information can't be known in the seventh century.

One would ask in that case, why these signs are not explicitly stated. Well it is quite simple. The Quraan was revealed in the seventh century for all people who came in later centuries.

For example,There was a time when the brightest minds on earth thought that moon gives its own light. If Quraan explicitly says that the light of the moon is reflected, that would be a scientific error for them. ( This is only an example am not sure if people used to think that the light of the moon is its own light, but this example can be applied to other aspects like the big bang)

Some people say that if Quraan contains scientific miracles, than Quraan should explicitly state them. This group goes to say that there are no such thing as scientific miracles because they must be explicit statement. A verse that clearly shows that the light of the moon is reflected, or a verse that talk about the big bang. However this is not the case. Because the Quraan is not a book of science. It is a book of signs.

When we say that it contains scientific miracles, we are not saying that Quraan can replace science. We are saying that the Quraan contains some signs that are verified by science which proves that it is the word of God for this information can't be known in the seventh century.

One would ask in that case, why these signs are not explicitly stated. Well it is quite simple. The Quraan was revealed in the seventh century for all people who came in later centuries.

For example,There was a time when the brightest minds on earth thought that moon gives its own light. If Quraan explicitly says that the light of the moon is reflected, that would be a scientific error for them. ( This is only an example am not sure if people used to think that the light of the moon is its own light, but this example can be applied to other aspects like the big bang)

But the Koran doesn't contain any miracles. The Koran doesn't say reflected light or mention the big bang...lol.
It only repeats ignorance people had back then.