• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

End Times?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Do you think we are approaching End Times?

If so, what makes you think that we are?

And by that I mean the end of the world brought about by God as opposed to by human activity or some kind of natural cataclysm.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

And by that I mean the end of the world brought about by God as opposed to by human activity or some kind of natural cataclysm.
Aren't we already very much in the End Times*, and that is why the advent of Second Coming* (1835-1908) - the End Times reformer of all revealed religions has taken place, one gets to know, please? Right?
It must ,however, be kept in mind that the End of Times is also the Beginning of Times when things take a new shape as if man has entered into New Earth and New Sky , evolved and or created for him, please, right?

Regards
  3. anonymous third person narrative said to contain some events of (Jesus' life)/
  4. Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah, could be truthful if it is in the first person,
  5. doesn't it make, it transpires, an item of “handle with care”, meaning one has to thrash truth from falsehood from within the NT, if possible, please, right??!

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
New Do you think we are approaching End Times?

No.

Life is more precarious now than in less civilised times and it's possible it could end by several different disasters, none have anything to do with prophecy

Left Coast

This Is Water
Staff member
Premium Member
Aren't we already very much in the End Times, and that is why the advent of Second Coming (1835-1908) - the End Times reformer of all revealed religions has taken place, one gets to know, please? Right?

Regards

The Second Coming lasts over 70 years? That can't be what the Bible says, please? Right? Matthew 24:36-44

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Not approaching but in them but not as Christians think about it. Nor for that matter what members of other religions see happening but rather the fulfillment of the longing of people.

You ask me to consider God as a separate being but that's not my view. To me, Divinity works through people and through nature.

What I see in the world today validates what Avatar Meher Baba indicated in His Final Declaration and subsequent clarifications:

The present universal confusion and unrest has filled the heart of man with greater lust for power and a greed for wealth and fame, bringing in its wake untold misery, hatred, jealousy, frustration and fear. Suffering in the world is at its height, in spite of all the striving to spread peace and prosperity to bring about lasting happiness.
The time has come for the preordained destruction of multiple separateness which keeps man from experiencing the feeling of unity and brotherhood. This destruction, which will take place very soon, will cause three-fourths of the world to be destroyed. The remaining one-fourth will be brought together to live a life of concord and mutual understanding, thus establishing a feeling of oneness in all fellow beings, leading them toward lasting happiness.
During this short period, my Word of words will touch the hearts of all mankind, and spontaneously this divine touch will instill in man the feeling of the oneness of all fellow beings. Gradually, in the course of the next seven hundred years, this feeling will supersede the tendency of separateness and rule over the hearts of all, driving away hatred, jealousy and greed that breed suffering, and happiness will reign.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Yes.
Time flows only in one direction.
Oh, that. Well, then ...
There have been prophesies of end times for at least 3000 years. Different religions have said it to happen almost every year. Many people believe it will happen during their life time.
Could they all be wrong every time?

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes and no.

We're in the final yuga... but there's still 426,877 years left in this one. If the timing is literal, and no catastrophes altar how long a day or year is...

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Whose End?
The whole of creation.

All things that are created must some day come to an end. As opposed to things that are uncreated, which will never come to an end.

The whole natural world was created, therefore the whole natural world will end.

In my opinion, anyway...

Which time?
Nobody knows!

People have been getting it wrong for centuries, millennia even. There really is no point in trying. It just makes you look foolish. When it comes it will be a total surprise, it cannot be foretold.

But as a Christian I see that scripture advises us to be ever vigilant: Matthew 25:1-13

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

No - we are no more in any End Times than we were centuries or millennia ago, but we have become more aware of the ways that humans might degrade or destroy what sustains our existence (and of other life), and such is what we should be concentrating on, not the several different religious myths. :oops:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I believe that we are now entering the lunch times.

And lo the first shall be first, and the last shall be last.

No pushing, no shoving!