• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

emptyness

emptyness

Hello, I'm Buddhist. I'm following Theravada the oldest Buddhist surviving school.

"When we lose our conscious thoughts, our stress and worries will go with them. Stillness and quietude will take their place."

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend emptyness,
Welcome to RF.

"When we lose our conscious thoughts, our stress and worries will go with them. Stillness and quietude will take their place."

When we become CONSCIOUS of our THOUGHTS they drop and then the STILL mind remains!

Love & rgds

emptyness

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

And Zen I wasn't expecting less then that from a zen practioner. You're right.

"Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts."

emptyness

Thanks Odion.

"Buddhism is a way of life based on the training of the mind. Its one ultimate aim is to show the way to complete liberation from suffering by the attainment of the Unconditioned, a state beyond the range of the normal untrained mind. Its immediate aim is to strike at the roots of suffering in everyday life." Leonard A. Bullen

I hope it answers your question Pie.

"Do not speak- unless it improves on silence."

emptyness

To answer your question Odion I wasn't brought up with Buddhism. Here's my story:

A few years ago I met a beautiful Thai lady, and we went through a relationship together. I was still seeking my path and I've always been interested in religion. I was born roman catholic but never really believed in that faith. So i asked her about her religion / way of life and she told me she was Buddhist and she told me that Buddha was accepting everybody. After a few months I converted in my basement in front of a picture of Buddha by taking the Three Refuges and the Five Precepts.

Make an island of yourself,
make yourself your refuge;
there is no other refuge.
Make truth your island,
make truth your refuge;
there is no other refuge.

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friend emptyness,

A great story and surely is your karma.

Personally here being a permanent refugee never asked for any refuge from anyone.

Just emptying out without permission.

Love & rgds

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Thai, oo.
It was Thai friends who led me to Theravada many moons ago now. Kind of miss it, in a way. Thank you for sharing. :)

emptyness

Thanks everyone.

It's sad to hear that you miss it but at least he/she showed you a wonderful thing.

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

emptyness

Thanks again Odion, I see that you're a seeker if you have any question about Theravada or anything I'll try my possible to enlighten you on this subject.

"In criticizing, the teacher is hoping to teach. That's all."

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Thanks again Odion, I see that you're a seeker if you have any question about Theravada or anything I'll try my possible to enlighten you on this subject.

"In criticizing, the teacher is hoping to teach. That's all."
Why thank you. :)
Though as I was a practising Theravada Buddhist for 2 years.. :), I guess. :D (That sounded rather egotistical, but I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say :)), though since I'm still a seeker, I'll be sure to ask you for your understanding of things sometime. :hug: Thanks for offering.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi Emptyness, welcome to RF.
icon14.gif

"Things are never as bad as you think, so stop thinking".